2015 3* JUCO DL/TE Ricky Parks (Southern Miss signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Ricky-Parks-118054

Here's his profile on rivals.  We already have 1 TE committment.  I doubt we take 2 unless we are looking at him at another position.  His primary recruiters are Troop, and GM... so it it would appear we are recruiting him at the TE position. 

I would like to take two tight ends. But thats just me. Especially a stud like this guy.

6-3 210???? Kind of small for a TE in the SEC. Surely he must play another position to be ranked a 4-star. Maybe he lines up as a WR some as well??  :dunno:

I wonder what his 40 time is. Doesn't say on his rivals profile page.

6-3 210???? Kind of small for a TE in the SEC. Surely he must play another position to be ranked a 4-star. Maybe he lines up as a WR some as well??  :dunno:

I wonder what his 40 time is. Doesn't say on his rivals profile page.

Scout also has him listed at OLB.  I bet ua is recruiting him on D.  Maybe the Mods can give us some more info later. 

Says he's deciding in 2 weeks between AU, uat ,uga...

AU24/7 sports #1 TE in the country... visited AU this past w/e and REALLY hit it off w/ CGM! Unfortunately, we were behind the dawgs and turds coming into the visit, and unless I'm wrong, it'll probably come down to one of those two. Claimed afterward that he would be back to AU for the Team Passing Camp (which I think is June 9-10) before making his decision. Also claimed that he would not make his decision until "late June or early July", and that all 3 schools were even at the time, which he still claims. He also came to the AU/LSU game last fall and a Jr. Day last March.

Normally, I would not "give up" so easily on a prospect, but Parks had already named uga and ua as his "leaders" awhile before this recent visit to AU. Plus, I just think that CGC and Co. are recruiting other "TE-types" harder than Parks. Take, for instance, the fact that we've already taken a commitment from Darrion Hutcherson, and we are recruiting Justin Meredith and Will Johnson (BOTH are scheduled to be at BCW) pretty heavily, and we've also offered Paul Kyles, Kurt Freitag, Daniel Beilinson, and Jason Croom (although he INSISTS that he is a WR and will NOT "touch the line" at the next level.

We are also recruiting several other guys to play the "FB/H-back" position (which Parks has said the AU staff wants him to play). Some of the ones that AU is after for this spot are Jeremy Liggins, Kenno Loyal, and Parks.

Maybe Parks will PLEASANTLY surprise me.... but I doubt it.

Guest Tigereagle03

We've used wildcat QB to entice too many players so far...

^^^ this^^^ we got like 50 wildcat qbs now..

And we've never really had a successful wildcat QB except Cam.  I guess we can claim some success with the touchdown passes made to Luzti out of that formation.

The only ones I can think of are Uzomah and Reed, and it's not like they were offered the full time job.  They're going to be mainly at WR positions with maybe some wildcat worked in there.  I don't see the problem.  I think it's a good thing to offer kids these kind of chances.  It just gives you more options for the wildcat, which sometimes might need a different player for a certain situation.  I doubt Malzahn is promising them anything.  I have to imagine he's saying you CAN play wildcat if you prove to me you can.

The only ones I can think of are Uzomah and Reed, and it's not like they were offered the full time job.  They're going to be mainly at WR positions with maybe some wildcat worked in there.  I don't see the problem.  I think it's a good thing to offer kids these kind of chances.  It just gives you more options for the wildcat, which sometimes might need a different player for a certain situation.  I doubt Malzahn is promising them anything.  I have to imagine he's saying you CAN play wildcat if you prove to me you can.

Quan bray probably very similar to reed at the position

But Bray never played QB did he?  I know Uzomah and Reed did for some time in high school.  I know it's not absolutely necessary, but it does help to have a guy who's at least had some time at the position before.

But Bray never played QB did he?  I know Uzomah and Reed did for some time in high school.  I know it's not absolutely necessary, but it does help to have a guy who's at least had some time at the position before.

Bray played QB (off and on) all of last season at Troup HS, and most of his time at Callaway HS. It's not a "bad thing" IMO to intice recruits with the possibility of playing some Wildcat QB. And also, it's not a "guarantee" that they WILL actually end up playing there in any games. The point is that CGM LOVES to recruit versatile ATH's who have the capability of playing multiple positions! Remember... he is a MAD SCIENTIST when it comes to offense, and if you give him a weapon like a Trovon Reed, Quan Bray, or CJ Uzomah (all of whom have played MULTIPLE positions, including QB), then the rest of the SEC had better LOOK OUT!!  :bananadance:

:we:

Offering a kid a chance to play a position is not the same as offering him A position.  He can compete for the position but he will have to win it to play there. I see nothing wrong in telling a kid he might play wildcat.  Every kid should know by this age that they have to beat out the guy in front of him.  That's all there is to it.

Guest Tigereagle03

Gus just called me up anf asked me to play far AU he said somthing bout me play wildcat whatever that means...  :rolleyes:

Gus just called me up anf asked me to play far AU he said somthing bout me play wildcat whatever that means...  :rolleyes:

it means you have to beat out Pops and his hoveround

it means you have to beat out Pops and his hoveround

crazy mobility there....gonna be hard to slow him down

The kid would be a stud at H-back in Gus' system and I think he realizes it. Adding him would also allow for some 2 TE sets as well.

Agree has the same frame size as charles clay hb at tulsa with malzahn who was just drafted. Guy would give alot of possibilities to go with lutz, phillips, uzomah, fulse, and hutcherson at te/hb.

Bryan matthews just tweeted ricky parks in AU right now on Second visit..

BIG turn-around here guys/gals! Looking REALLY good for the GOOD GUYS at this point!!  ;)

Apparently, initially both sides had more interest elsewhere.... Parks in other schools (uga and ua) and AU in other TE/H-backs.... but after his recent visit to AU, Parks (and possibly more importantly his parents) must've REALLY liked what they saw at AU, and the AU coaches seemed to have REALLY warmed on Parks also! I initially thought that they were going to continuing going FULL FORCE after Justin Meredith, but apparently they believe that a TE combo of Parks and Hutcherson would suit this class JUST FINE!! And I, for one, tend to agree and would be ECSTATIC to sign those two!!  :yay:

STAY TUNED!!!!  ;)

:we:

Archived