I think next year will be huge for Coach P

He's had time to get his people in.  I know baseball is different than other sports, MLB draft, etc., but how long do we give him?  I'm thinking if we don't get to Omaha within two years, it could be trouble for Coach P.  What say you?

I don't think Pawlowski is in any trouble. He showed you what he's capable of year before last. This past year was known to be a rebuilding year to people around the program. Not gonna even think about "Hot Seat" talk yet.

Guess at this point I haven't seen any of "his people" on the squad that will make a difference and aside from the  seniors who are leaving, the draft is picking off some of the remaining better underclassmen.  I can see us in the running for SEC West again but have a hard time visualizing more than that since most every starter will be gone.

I've been watching the NCAA playoffs and pitching is definitely the difference.  Every school still in the hunt has a couple (or more) guys who pitch in the low to mid 90s and that seems to be what it takes.  And the defensive efforts have been outstanding.  So my question:  Who do we have on the bench with the capability to get us even into a Super Regional.....or who will we bring in ?

Granted, baseball is a sport where winning 60% is considered good but frankly, I just don't see any progress. 

• 4 weeks later...

From the looks of last years stats, defense was more of the problem than pitching.  Errors will make a good pitcher look bad.  The CWS had tremendous defense behind those guys.  :wedance:

I think it was a combination of both poor defensive play and weak pitching feeding off each other and blowing some games that could've gone down in the win column.

Hopefully things will be better in 2012.

Archived