Gherig Dieter WR?

Weegle777

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a tweet of his: Huge day in front of me. Gonna try to go ham at this AU camp so I can play with my boy @Z_PikeAU next fall. #AUBURN #wardamneagle

Twitter for iPhone • 7/16/11 7:15 AM

If you go to the Football forum and search for the Goon Squad videos someone put up, you'll see this kid in action. Absolute stud, plus has chemistry with Pike. I'm so excited that he's at the camp. I told my friend a few weeks ago that I wish he could come to AU, but I thought he might get looked over due to his low star level. Here's his chance! War Eagle Gerhig!!

:we:

Video of his showing at a 7on7 tourney. He definitely stands out. I think you guys will recognize his QB at this particular event also.

Kids got some ups too!

I like him.  There are probably sexier prospects, but this guy's going to make some football team better.

Totally agree. This guy looks like someone who will work his butt while he is here. He's physical and looks like he could be a huge blocker on the outside also, something that Coach Troop looks for in WR prospects.

Saw that Pike is wanting this guy to come to Auburn. 6'3" 210. DJ, got anything on this kid?

GHERIG DIETER

Wide Receiver

Washington High School (South Bend, Indiana)

6-foot-3

200 lbs

40: 4.57

Shuttle: 4.1

Vertical: 33"

Bench (reps of 225 lbs): 15

2010 Junior Stats: 48 receptions for 985 yards and 11 TD's

2009 Sophomore Stats:

JUNIOR HIGHLIGHTS

ScoutTV Interview

RIVALS - 3-star ~ NR WR

SCOUT - 3-star ~ #91 WR

24/7 Sports - 3-star ~ Grade of 87

ESPN - 2-star ~ Grade 71 ~ #157 WR

Offers: Akron, Ball State, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Cincinnati, Western Michigan

*NOTES: Dieter has been referred to as a "camp freak". He has made a name for himself on the camp circuit this spring and summer and at 7on7 events, where he is the "favorite target" of 5-star top QB commit for Auburn, Zeke Pike. And now it is Pike who is now trying to convince the AU coaches to offer his favorite target. Dieter won't blow you away with his athletic ability, but what makes him so special is his "intangibles". There's not a kid around who will work harder on the field than Dieter. He has an uncanny knack of being able to get open, and as he showed at the AU Mini-Camp, he is not afraid to get physical in order to do so. Dieter could be a very valuable assest to any team, as he would surely be a valuable "possession receiver", who could be relied on to get first downs. Hopefully, Auburn will find a spot for this hard-working kid.

I hope we can get him a spot  on the team. Guys who work their butts off never fail to amaze and they often do better than guys who relie strictly on their talent and never push themselves.  Plus guys who get down and do the dirty work are really hard to come by. I am surprised MAlzahn is not after this guy. Think about the offense and how many of the plays depend on wrs making blocks. Kodi was great, darvin was good.  IF we  do not get those then the nscreens and reverses do not work. This guys reminds me of a more physical Darvin Adams.  Always open and always makes the catch.

I hope we can get him a spot  on the team. Guys who work their butts off never fail to amaze and they often do better than guys who relie strictly on their talent and never push themselves.  Plus guys who get down and do the dirty work are really hard to come by. I am surprised MAlzahn is not after this guy. Think about the offense and how many of the plays depend on wrs making blocks. Kodi was great, darvin was good.  IF we  do not get those then the nscreens and reverses do not work. This guys reminds me of a more physical Darvin Adams.  Always open and always makes the catch.

;)

Archived