Gherig Dieter WR?

Weegle777

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BREAKING NEWS : This kid is really good.  :wedance: :wedance:

I think I would have to agree with this post haha  Just saw on ESPN.

:wareagle:  I hope we can get this guy haha.

IMO if we offer he's ours. He and Zeke are good friends and are on a 7 on 7 team together. Seems to be everyone he plays with's favorite target... that should tell you something. Here's hoping we offer...

"Indiana WR sets national record" by 247 FREE

"SOUTH BEND, Ind. – Washington High receiver Gehrig Dieter now holds a national receiving record.

Perhaps he’ll soon hold a few BCS scholarship offers.

On Friday night in a 63-10 victory over Elkhart (Ind.) Central, the 6-foot-3, 200-pound Dieter hauled in 12 receptions for a single-game national record 447 yards and three touchdowns (66, 70 and 90 yards).

“It was fun,” Dieter stated. The previous record was 421 yards. “At the beginning of the game I didn’t think I would get that many yards. But Coach (Antwon) Jones knows my ability to play and just threw it up a whole bunch of times and I just came up with a national record."

Full article: http://247sports.com/Article/Indiana-WR-sets-national-record-38171

Hope we land him.

WDE !!!

His numbers are out of control! I have to think he can play at our level. It depends on how many scholly's we have left for receivers. I would take several on our hoped for list first; plus after watching our game today, I am impressed with our existing receivers. They look like they may be a strong point on our team this year.

We need to snatch this kid up before someone else does. His stock will continue to rise and before long he could be a wanted man by many other schools. Let's get him!

I would put him at third on my receiver wish list right now behind DGB and Stephon Diggs, but I would hate for us to miss out on him.  This guy is a gamer, a hard worker, and I know he would be a great Auburn Man.  I say we give him the offer now.  It's not all about stars.

I would put him at third on my receiver wish list right now behind DGB and Stephon Diggs, but I would hate for us to miss out on him.  This guy is a gamer, a hard worker, and I know he would be a great Auburn Man.  I say we give him the offer now.  It's not all about stars.

Agreed.  And, my understanding is that AU is a serious consideration for him, not just a list item.

Get 'em while they're HOT !

WDE !!!

Agreed.  And, my understanding is that AU is a serious consideration for him, not just a list item.

Get 'em while they're HOT !

Remember, we already have Jaquay as well. He is going to special.

WDE !!!

I know Troop doesn't like getting big possession wide receivers but I hope he changes that philosophy. With all the ridiculous skill we have running to the outside, I feel like in the game this weekend we never really had anyone going in the middle of the field on the passing downs which lead to Barrett Trotter trying to pull a Cam Newton.

I agree soldier.  Offer Dieter now if he will commit.  If  we do offer there will be probably another 6 or 8 big time offers to follow.  I kind of think several programs were hoping to keep him under the radar.  But with his first 3 games that won't work. If we do get him, then we can focus our efforts toward the two 5-stars. Hopefully we get one of them.  I don't think anyone really expects to get both the No. 1 and 2 WRs. I think we need 4 WRs this year.  If Blake continues to improve he might go.  Hope not.  Lutz could leave early.  Again hope not. Carr is a 5th year senior.  Still don't know what to think about Benton.

Sounds like we got a decent shot to me..

"Both Oregon and Iowa Hawkeyes have increased their interest in recent weeks, with Auburn a presence since a summer visit to the defending national champion.

The Indiana Hoosiers, Purdue Boilermakers, California and Wisconsin Badgers are also involved, according to Dieter.

As for potential leaders, last year’s BCS title game participants stand out."

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/south_bend_hs_wr_breaks_record_447_yards_receiving_in_a_game/6555769

One thing about the Washington High team.  They have a 4* RB already committed to ND who gets 200 yds a game and yet Dieter still gets his catches and yards.  Must be an awesome HS team.  Question is if and when Irish offer could ZP still draw him to AU?

:dunno:

• 2 months later...

One thing about the Washington High team.  They have a 4* RB already committed to ND who gets 200 yds a game and yet Dieter still gets his catches and yards.  Must be an awesome HS team.  Question is if and when Irish offer could ZP still draw him to AU?

:dunno:

It does not look like Auburn has given Dieter an offer, from what I can tell. What do the coaches think about him? anyone know?

Interesting player. He is not the "glamorous" type of WR that we seem to look at a lot. He doesn't seem to have blazing speed, elite quickness or particularly "great" moves after the catch. On the other hand, he looks like a great route running possession WR who can play dirty, alternately making catches in traffic and sticking his nose in there on blocks. We actually really need a WR like that right now.

I would take him in a heartbeat.  Northwestern ran circles around us a few years back with similar type WRs.  Not the fastest or flashiest guys, but played smart, ran clean routes, and caught the ball and moved the sticks.  Put this guy on my team. 

Since Dieter has made his presence known I've really liked him for his abilities and off the field demeanor.  He'd be a great asset to AU.

If Dieter does not have an offer, would a write-in campaign to the coaches work ?

WDE !!!

Archived