Gherig Dieter WR?

Weegle777

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have enough small elusive receivers. I'm ready for some big, chunky, hard to bring down type of receivers.

I agree.  And Darrion Hutcherson and Ricky Parks say Hello (even though he will probably be an H-Back).  I think this could be one of the best recieving classes to come through Auburn in a long time.  Ricardo Louis will be the elusive screen type guy (I think), Ja'Quay Williams will be the guy who goes up to get the ball over some people (Something Auburn hasnt had in a long time), and Hutcherson/Parks will be beefy guys who can run some people over.  I can't wait to see what these guys do!

I believe Jay Wisner was brought in by the last staff. We got him before we started recruiting like we are now.

Wisener was brought in in 2009 by Trooper, along with that Samoan kid on the offensive line.  They were both Juco walk-ons.

Would it be outside the realm of possibility that Dieter could be an invited walk-on? I mean, that Rod Smith fellow did alright going that path.

I hoped the word "beast" would have died by now.

Dieter is going to be a good pickup for some school but he's not what Auburn needs in our last remaining spots. No offense to him or anyone here who's been lobbying for him for the past few months.

this is one of those guys you see playing for some half a$$ team because all the big programs took a pass on him. You watch him play and he tears it up and you say to yourself why can't Auburn get a guy like him, how did this team get him.

• 2 weeks later...

Will GD be reconsidered if filling the last wr slot(s) are weak ?   (In light of GM's departure)

No. Remember jthaub sais its Diggs, Patterson or no more receivers.

Will GD be reconsidered if filling the last wr slot(s) are weak ?   (In light of GM's departure)

Bummer, I like GD a lot. But that makes sense with 2 WR commits plus Sammie Coates coming off a RS.

Bummer, I like GD a lot. But that makes sense with 2 WR commits plus Sammie Coates coming off a RS.

Right

Will GD be reconsidered if filling the last wr slot(s) are weak ? (In light of GM's departure)

Wow so are we that sure we will keep the two that are committed?

Wow so are we that sure we will the two that are committed?

Well as unfortunate as the TJ thing was when a kid commits you have to expect it and respect it by backing off other recruits at that position.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any chance now that we've missed out on some guys and lost Yeldon and Latu that we give Dieter a chance? And if we did offer him, is there any chance he would swap from SMU?

Is there any chance now that we've missed out on some guys and lost Yeldon and Latu that we give Dieter a chance? And if we did offer him, is there any chance he would swap from SMU?

Was also told we will have a 5* WR in this class!

We need this guy.  We've recruited a whole bunch of 'athletes' and that hasn't turned out well for us.  GD is an excellent route runner, blocker, and all-around WR; I'd take a guy that can play the position over a guy that runs a better 40.

$0.02

We still have a very good shot at Stefon Diggs

• 4 years later...

Blast from the past. This was a guy that Zeke Pike wanted Auburn to offer a scholarship to. Now he's transferring to Alabama after a 1,000 yard receiving year at Bowling Green. It's an interesting world.

Lol yeah right

Archived