Gherig Dieter WR?

Weegle777

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The competition question was fair. It matters who he is getting it Done against.

Not really, it doesn't detract from how the kid produces. I never said we should go after the kid, but I also never said we should not. I'm just saying the kid get's it done and there's no denying it. With better competition, he would still produce just not at that insane level. Still, that pretty impressive numbers even if it is a terrible team he was playing.

Garret Harper will be suffice to say the least!   ;):thumbsup:

What does Garret Harper have to do with this discussion?  I would say Jaylon Denson compares more closely with Dieter than anyone else.  Big, physical, good speed not a burner, good hands, hard worker, coachable.  Since we already have Denson probably don't need another receiver with that particular set of skills.  Right now I think our efforts are focused on the two 5-stars.  Hopefully we get one of them.  Maybe, just maybe there will be a spot for Dieter, but I doubt he will wait.

Kid can play, no doubt about that.  I would put him on my team.

On another note, after watching that video and listening to the music, seems I need to step up my cursing game and start dropping some more 4-lettaz to keep up with the fancy lingo the kids are using these days. 

Is he playing against Junior High teams in that video?  He looks comically un-taxed as he goes up for jump balls and then sheds a weak attempt at a tackle and then walk into the end zone.

There's one play on there that is just odd.  2 DB's are giving him a 20 yd cushion.  Greg literally runs by himself on a fly pattern, and he could have easily stopped at any point and caught a pass uncovered, but he just keeps running the fly right into double coverage way down the field, and then catches a bomb over the coverage and walks into the end zone.  It's like they don't even care where the DB's are.

Hater's goin to hate, kids a baller.  Not to say offer him a scholorship just yet. but he reminds me of DGB dominating opponents. If the play calls for him run a fly pattern then he had better run what is called, or he won't be playing anywhere for long not even in JV.

He always catches the ball at the highest point and has the vision to see what move he needs to make next.  He catches the ball perfectly.  I hope there is an offer coming because he is a football player and could grow into a TE?HB type if needed.

I'm going to say it again. This player gets it done and he produces. Wherever he goes, they'll be happy they got him. I also think good players are good players and you can never have too many of them.

He always catches the ball at the highest point and has the vision to see what move he needs to make next.  He catches the ball perfectly.  I hope there is an offer coming because he is a football player and could grow into a TE?HB type if needed.

The way he catches the ball does somewhat remind me of Lutz's HS highlights... Hands at the highest point, away from his body, using his body to shield defenders.   It may be the competition he's playing against, but Dieter is much bigger and stronger, which helps him shed tacklers with ease.

That said... at camps this summer, he was doing the same thing to 4*, highly touted, DB's across the country.

Is he playing against Junior High teams in that video? He looks comically un-taxed as he goes up for jump balls and then sheds a weak attempt at a tackle and then walk into the end zone.

There's one play on there that is just odd. 2 DB's are giving him a 20 yd cushion. Greg literally runs by himself on a fly pattern, and he could have easily stopped at any point and caught a pass uncovered, but he just keeps running the fly right into double coverage way down the field, and then catches a bomb over the coverage and walks into the end zone. It's like they don't even care where the DB's are.

EDIT: crap, commented on wrong play :P.

I think we should take a chance on this guy...

if there's a scholly to give at the end after we've exhausted our chances/options with Agholor as a WR and DGB, and none of those two bite, then I agree.

They just said on ESPN that Dieter had 447 receiving yards which is a new national high school record. Was that in a game played tonight?

Yes it was........

Through three games, Dieter has an astounding 1,158 receiving yards.

I'm really pulling for this kid to get at least some BCS offers.  From the 247 article, about his performance tonight, he seems to have his head on straight.

Archived