NBC Sports!!!

AUSandman

I just read an article on Tigerland.com from NBC Sports. It also has a interesting little video shot at T-Town.

I would post a link but I'm on my IPad and can't cully and paste. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

" Apparently Julio Jones has 16 of these coustom fitted suits ".  And that's from NBC!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :zapbama:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/26/what-a-coincidence-alabama-disassociates-itself-from-t-town-owner/

Pay close attention to comments above and below the video.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:zapbama: :zapbama: :zapbama: :zapbama:

I am glad to see some in the national media picking this story up. That is what is going to have to happen ro get this story out. "he who shall not be spoken on here" and "the other piece of garbage" have been doing a great job on this story so far IMO, but it will take more in the mainstream media writing about this for people to take it seriously.

Honestly, I think some of this is other media outlets wanting to fire some buckshot at any schools with a hint of controversy about them right now in order to be able to add the "As previously reported by us..." line whenever the Yahoo story gets dropped.  Not that I mind, but I doubt that the national media is suddenly developing an interest in investigating Alabama themselves.  The stuff that is out there right now is such small potatoes that I think this is mostly a "just in case this is a part of something else..." type deal, and the media outlets are hedging. 

Honestly, I think some of this is other media outlets wanting to fire some buckshot at any schools with a hint of controversy about them right now in order to be able to add the "As previously reported by us..." line whenever the Yahoo story gets dropped.  Not that I mind, but I doubt that the national media is suddenly developing an interest in investigating Alabama themselves.  The stuff that is out there right now is such small potatoes that I think this is mostly a "just in case this is a part of something else..." type deal, and the media outlets are hedging. 

I hope this Yahoo piece is about them. I am starting to worry it might not be though. I take what Sheridan says with a grain of salt, but his "I will let everybody know in 2 or 3 weeks" comment is kind of worrying me a bit. That should be about the timeline this piece is coming out, or what has been rumored anyways.

I hope this Yahoo piece is about them. I am starting to worry it might not be though. I take what Sheridan says with a grain of salt, but his "I will let everybody know in 2 or 3 weeks" comment is kind of worrying me a bit. That should be about the timeline this piece is coming out, or what has been rumored anyways.

Scott Moore also said he had some damning evidence that he'd "release in 2 weeks".  That worked out well for him.

Scott Moore also said he had some damning evidence that he'd "release in 2 weeks".  That worked out well for him.

Yeah, I know how they operate. I just worry about stuff. Yahoo is one sport reporting organization that have proven they do their dilligent work before coming out with anything. Like I said, I hope it's about the gumps and not about us. Until their "piece" comes out there will be a part of me that is holding my breath.

I made this comment after Danny Sheridan's SEC Media Days interview on Paul Finebaum's radio program and nothing I have heard from him since then has changed my opinion.

Danny Sheridan = Scott Moore = Harvey Updyke = Talibammers = unethical, dishonest haters that want to harm, damage, or destroy Auburn.

It is preposterous to believe a sports oddsmaker has had the same inside sources at the NCAA for 25 years and would brag about it one day, then say that he did not the next day, that it was sources that had sources inside the NCAA, and then the next week it was back to sources. 

Think about that for a minute from the NCAA's standpoint-- is a sports oddsmaker making payoffs to direct their investigations or is a sports oddsmaker making payoffs to get knowledge prior to their decisions/action being made public so he can cash in as a 'sports oddsmaker'?  If there is any truth to his 'inside sources' someone is in a whole lot of trouble, maybe even Danny Sheridan himself.

A guy called in Pf and I just happen to catch it and he was talking about Trooper and how he had such dirty

recruiting tactics and trying to persuade kids to come to AU, and their parents weren't even around, etc.  At the

end PF said Saban hated two people on that staff.  TT and the other was not mentioned. PF did say that this

recruiting thing was about to hit the Mother load in a couple of weeks....For the first time, I thought that this

10 story could be about us.  I sure hope I'M wrong.

A guy called in Pf and I just happen to catch it and he was talking about Trooper and how he had such dirty

recruiting tactics and trying to persuade kids to come to AU, and their parents weren't even around, etc.  At the

end PF said Saban hated two people on that staff.  TT and the other was not mentioned. PF did say that this

recruiting thing was about to hit the Mother load in a couple of weeks....For the first time, I thought that this

With all due respect, let me ask you a question:  Can you give me ONE incident or recruiting situation, relating to Auburn University, that would give you concern?  I follow recruiting pretty closely, and I can honestly say that I do not know, nor have I heard, of any even marginal recruiting violation in the recent past.  Add to that, we have the most honorable, ethical coaching staff that I have seen in a long time.  Man, I'm glad I'm not even tempted to listen to PF.  I catch a break here in Nashville, I can listen to Clay Travis 3 hours/day!!

Frankly, I think the stress/concern that comes from worrying about things that are brought up about Auburn on Finebaum are a fitting punishment for listening to Finebaum.  I have a prescription for your ailment, it involves the tuning function on your radio.  If you touch the stove, and the stupidity embodied by the stove turns into heat and burns you, STOP TOUCHING THE STOVE.  :tease:

I've got another prescription for those that can't tell the difference between shock radio and reality. Never listen to Howard Stern.

Bird brings up a good point and I will amend my post to this. If you can't tell the difference between radio and reality, don't listen.

You're telling me that PF, SM, and DS are all saying they've got big news in about 2-3 weeks?  So, in essence, they have ensured themselves ratings, listeners, and hits for a minimum of 3 weeks...pretty smart marketing. :rolleyes:

PF free for 4 weeks and loving every minute of it!

Give it a try, you will feel better quicker than you think!  :we:

Freedom of the press will prevent that from ever happening. Makes for a good fantasy, but an impossible reality. ALTHOUGH, the newer media forms have yet to be tested in court to the extreme that they all will be at some point.

It is but a matter of time before privacy cases and other situations legally test twitter, fb and others.

Archived