standing on the ramps at games

aubietiger14

say i wanted to go to my first iron bowl this year and wanted to just stand on one of the ramps, how do people get a ticket to do that?  I can't afford to pay an arm and a leg for tickets and i figured there has got to be a way to get in and just stand on the ramps...  any suggestions?

psst: hey you, you want in to the game??? See me in 10 mins at the gate.....

I've heard those conversations before.

Your gamble is watching it from the jail.

psst: hey you, you want in to the game??? See me in 10 mins at the gate.....

I've heard those conversations before.

Your gamble is watching it from the jail.

Don't see how the "entrant" would go to jail.  The stadium personnel that lets him in...yeah, possible...but not likely.

Watched last years Clemson game from the ramp my girlfriends friend "got sick" in our seats (well actually) the seats right above us and... yeah we didn't feel quite welcome in our section after that hahahaha great view from the ramp though!!

aubietiger14 - There are ALWAYS tickets outside the stadium pre-game for sale or even sometime for FREE if someone had a no show (friend or family member) and doesn't have the time or desire to find a buyer. Please NOTE this doesn't need to be broadcast but most (or some) of the so-called scalpers on the corners are saleing those tickets for players. So don't be anti-scalper, they are helping the players get some extra spending money. As most know players receive a certain amount of comp tickets for family/friends to attend home games. All you need to do is walk around holding up your fingers equalling the number of tickets you need. Then see what happens. Most will barter with you if you only have $o much to $pend !!!

I've always thought for BIG games they could sale standing room only tickets and they would have access to the ramps. They might could get 90,000 in there ! I guess the Fire Marshall won't allow it however !!!

:wareagle: Just WIN Baby  :tdau:

:beatmullet: KNOCK the SLOBBER out of Clemson :beatmullet:

if all that is true, where did the phrase "standing room only" come from?

I'd love to watch the game from the ramps if I could do so for a much lower price.

Braves baseball. You can buy cheap standing room tickets to Braves games.  :dunno:

I watched this past weeks game from one of the ramps because it was too hot in our seats for the kids. It is a good view but its nice to have a seat now and then. Also, doesn't feel the same as far as when the crowd gets into the game.

aubietiger14 - There are ALWAYS tickets outside the stadium pre-game for sale or even sometime for FREE if someone had a no show (friend or family member) and doesn't have the time or desire to find a buyer. Please NOTE this doesn't need to be broadcast but most (or some) of the so-called scalpers on the corners are saleing those tickets for players. So don't be anti-scalper, they are helping the players get some extra spending money. As most know players receive a certain amount of comp tickets for family/friends to attend home games. All you need to do is walk around holding up your fingers equalling the number of tickets you need. Then see what happens. Most will barter with you if you only have $o much to $pend !!!

I've always thought for BIG games they could sale standing room only tickets and they would have access to the ramps. They might could get 90,000 in there ! I guess the Fire Marshall won't allow it however !!!

thanks for the tip

Hmmmmm....

No need to offer a benjamin to any gate worker....wait until close to/right at kickoff. Simply ask gateworker how much it will take for them to let you in. Worked many times at many stadiums, including our beloved Jordan-Hare, JH-west, etc, etc....Never cost me more than $25, not even for the largest of games.

Watched last years Clemson game from the ramp my girlfriends friend "got sick" in our seats (well actually) the seats right above us and... yeah we didn't feel quite welcome in our section after that hahahaha great view from the ramp though!!

LOL - Moderation, MODERATION my friend. Got to teach them to go easy before the game and CELEBRATE after  :thumbsup:

:wareagle: Just WIN Baby  :tdau:

Archived