Delusion check

TexasTiger

I thought he won, but I can think objectively and see through Kerry's bull. He is very good at making a pile of crap smell like roses. He often drifted off the topic at hand to bash Bush, felt he had to drop names 50% of the time he talked, and he stated very misleading facts and figures.

Yeah, China and India are graduating more people with technical degrees. Could the fact that THOSE 2 COUNTRIES CONSTITUTE HALF THE WORLD'S POPULATION have anything to do with that? Of course not. Global warming is a VERY debatable issue with more TRUE FACTS opposing it than supporting it. I recently read an article saying how hurricanes were going to be much more powerful in 100 years due to global warming. Come to find out, these scientists were using incorrect models, and did not take into account the very significant technological innovations that will happen over those 100 years to decrease the factors contributing to the effect. Politicians need to stick to law and not wander into the world of science. Their ignorance of the subject leads them to misconstrue many details and facts.

Kerry also tired me out with "Yes I agree, but..." and proceded to target some specificities that he said the bills and laws neglected. For it or against it buddy... which one?

"He rushed to war" but I voted for him to go right ahead with that. Bunghole. Why won't someone call him out on this?

Bush should have answered his last question a little bit better, the one asking him to say 3 mistakes. I didn't particularly like the question because it should have been directed at both of them. However, he could have come up with 3 insignificant things that would appease the question.

My favorite quote of the night.... "Want some wood?" :P

My favorite quote of the night.... "Want some wood?"

LOL i almost fell off my couch when i heard this. Got Wood?? hehehe

I thought it was at least a draw, with a slight win for Bush being my personal feeling on the night. The first thirty to forty minutes though, I wasn't thinking that.

I thought it was at least a draw, with a slight win for Bush being my personal feeling on the night.  The first thirty to forty minutes though, I wasn't thinking that.

109552[/snapback]

Bush recovered, somewhat, at least enough to fire up his base. The first 30-40 minutes he seemed to be headed toward a meltdown, but then leveled off. I don't think his demeanor played well with most undecideds, but Bushco seem to be going for a "fire up the base" strategy.

The polls I've seen show a narrow Kerry win. I think Kerry just needs to be seen as a credible President for many undecideds to move toward him. I think both candidates are probably pleased at this point with their respective performances.

Bush did well last night because it seems the staff allowed him to be himself again, and not the President. This is their biggest and most powerful weapon in this election concerning the undecided vote. If the next debate goes as this one did Bush should have no problem defeating Frankenstein.

I listened to David Letterman last night for the top ten. It was number six that had me rolling on the floor.

6. Senator Kerry, what impact do you think your large, canoe-shaped head will have on the economy?

And for Dubya:

10. Who's a better one-term president--you or your father?

My favorite quote of the night.... "Want some wood?"

Bush reminded me of Chevy Chase, from Caddyshack

caddy004.JPG

Danny Noonan : I haven't even told my father I'm not gonna get that scholarship. I'm gonna end up working in a lumberyard the rest of my life.

Ty Webb : What's wrong with lumber? I own two lumberyards.

Danny Noonan : I notice you don't spend too much time there.

Ty Webb : I'm not quite sure where they are.

:D

When the CNN headline says its a draw...well....

109605[/snapback]

It must have been a Bushdelivered Butt Kicking

All Bush has to do to win is be identifiable with common people. Not too many folks care for the gigolo wannabe commander-in-cheif.

Even the mainstream media pointed out a big lie told by Kerry after the debate.

In Friday night's debate, President Bush continued to show that he is the only choice for veterans and military personnel in this election.  Unable to defend his own waffling, Senator Kerry resorted to distortions and name dropping.

Consider: Senator Kerry stated that "General Shinseki, the Army chief of staff, told him he was going to need several hundred thousand. And guess what? They retired General Shinseki for telling him that."

The fact is, several sources have clearly stated that Senator Kerry's statement is flat out wrong:

* CNN's Bill Schneider:  "Inaccurate.  He Served His Full Four-Year Term As Army Chief Of Staff And He Did Not Retire Early." (CNN's "Special Post-Debate Wrap-Up," 10/8/04)

* The Baltimore Sun:  "But Shinseki Was Not Retired Early And Served Out The Remainder Of His Four-Year Term."  ("In Volley Of Facts And Figures, Not All Fly," 10/9/04)

Check out this link about current military personnel polled.

Army Times poll

Archived