What's up with Corso?

jsb29

In all seriousness, did he have another stroke?  He is stuttering and incoherent more than usual.  What are the chances BSPN doesn't bring him back after this year?

I missed Gameday so I didn't get to see Corso, but I hope that everything is okay with him. I'm not that big of a fan of him, but I don't think they can get rid of him from College Gameday. Really wouldn't be the same without him.

I missed Gameday so I didn't get to see Corso, but I hope that everything is okay with him. I'm not that big of a fan of him, but I don't think they can get rid of him from College Gameday. Really wouldn't be the same without him.

Urban Meyer could wear his dunce's cap and never miss a beat.

For better or worse, Corso has his funny moments. Meyer is a 24 hour a day griping old grouch. I'll be glad when he gets back to coaching, unless we play his team, I most likely will not see suburban and his great demeanor. I'll take corso everyday.

tt, you're right and I'm just haning a little fun with it. Corso's a clown and I can live with that. I pray that his health improves and he can continue on GD. Meyer is a horse's arse and I'd just as soon he was never on the show again.

Thanks for correcting the spelling A4E.  Didn't even realize I had misspelled it.  You know how I am about my typos.

I watched a bit of gameday and thought he was more lucid than last season.  I was wondering if he was recovering somewhat from the effects of the stroke.  I wish him well; he's very entertaining and is part of a pretty fun crew, regardless of what they think about my team.

I've never had a problem with corso or holtz to be honest. Both of them arent as uptight as the other talkin heads on BSPN and they are more entertaining than anything else. Plus it helps that I cant stand Mark May so I have to take Holtz's side alot. As far as GD goes Howard is my favorite, well that along with EA ;)  :laugh:

My father had a stroke about 8 months ago and it really is a day to day thing for a pretty long time. Especially at the beginning. Immediately we saw the effects and the differences. His speech was jumbled up like Corso's, but also he began to mumble a lot. I think the biggest factor when speech is affected is where in the brain and how much of the brain is affected by the stroke. Strokes can behave very differently. Right of the bat I would say that the tumble corso took while wearing the Duck head was due to the stroke. More so than speech my dad lost probably 50+% of his balance. I didn't see the whole show, so I could be wrong...he might have just tripped over someone's foot or something. I hope all the best in the world for he and my dad. Its all a long process. I know they won't be the same, but the closer they get to normalcy the more I thank the One helping them!

'Not so fast my friend'

Gameday wouldn't be the same. You don't always have to agree with him or like him, but he adds a hell of a funny element to the show. The OU game when he shot the gun off at the desk was hilarious.

Gameday also has some the best ESPN commercials. I am not a fan of ESPN in general, but they do have some creative commercials.

Lou Holtz and Mark May can go for all I care.

'Not so fast my friend'

Gameday wouldn't be the same. You don't always have to agree with him or like him, but he adds a hell of a funny element to the show. The OU game when he shot the gun off at the desk was hilarious.

Gameday also has some the best ESPN commercials. I am not a fan of ESPN in general, but they do have some creative commercials.

Lou Holtz and Mark May can go for all I care.

If Lou holtz could literally be understood I dont know...I might like him. Mark May is the biggest tool on television. That beats out weekly mid-morning soap operas mind you

I like them all.  I think it's fun.  It's like watching pro wrestling, the whole thing is scripted with good guys and bad guys.  The "analysts" are paid to say things that get the fans' attention...sometimes it's good and we're happy, other times it's bad and we're not so happy.  I bet in person Holtz and Corso are prob 2 of the nicest people you'll meet, the guys you see on TV are just characters they play a few days each week.  Full disclosure, I enjoy Urban Meyer's work for ESPN thus far.  He seems to be fair and the analysis portion is interesting. 

I try to just take it at face value and not personal. 

Holtz is 100% donkey butt....I've seen him behind the scenes, he thinks he is still king of the world b/c of ONE championship he won at notre lame

I almost had to fly him. He spoke at a company event and everyone enjoyed what he had to say on the podium. They also said they didn't too much care for him personally.

In my job, I've had the opportunity to meet some interesting people. You go into those meetings with a perceived notion of what to expect and I find that those perceptions are rarely the person you meet. It seems most of the time they are much more polite and humble than the stories you hear. Of course there are exceptions.......Terry Bowden. He thought he was the king of Auburn or something.

Not everyone shares the Meyer fascination, even at bspn. Sometimes he appears to be in the mood to do the work and sometimes he doesn't. Sort of like when he was coaching UF. Bizarre segment with Chris Fowler this past weekend, where Chris seems to end the segment prematurely because of the lack of participation on Suburban's part.

What's up with everyone hating on Meyer? Yeah he may not like AU because he could never beat us but if you actually listen to his analysis of the game, you can't beat it.

i thought he did a fine job during the clemson game ... i thought his insight in to what the teams were doing (and more impressive - what they were going to do) was pretty cool.  his delivery is a little dry, but this is his first year at it.  although i think he has some skeletons in his closet regarding AU, i thought he was fair during the game.

What's up with everyone hating on Meyer? Yeah he may not like AU because he could never beat us but if you actually listen to his analysis of the game, you can't beat it.

i thought he did a fine job during the clemson game ... i thought his insight in to what the teams were doing (and more impressive - what they were going to do) was pretty cool.  his delivery is a little dry, but this is his first year at it.  although i think he has some skeletons in his closet regarding AU, i thought he was fair during the game.

I agree 100%, enjoyed his analysis.

I like them all.  I think it's fun.  It's like watching pro wrestling, the whole thing is scripted with good guys and bad guys.  The "analysts" are paid to say things that get the fans' attention...sometimes it's good and we're happy, other times it's bad and we're not so happy.  I bet in person Holtz and Corso are prob 2 of the nicest people you'll meet, the guys you see on TV are just characters they play a few days each week.  Full disclosure, I enjoy Urban Meyer's work for ESPN thus far.  He seems to be fair and the analysis portion is interesting. 

I try to just take it at face value and not personal. 

This is the true Lou Holtz.

Archived