Chick-Fil-A Bowl, here we come

tigersauburn217

It's safe to say Florida is going to lose to FSU. Due to the rule that a 6 win team cannot take a bowl spot over a 7 win team, Auburn has locked it's spot in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. The 6-6 teams in Florida, Vandy, and MSU will fight for the Gator and Music City Bowls.

It'll be interesting to see if the Chick-Fil-A bowl committee takes Clemson (if they lose to Va Tech) to force a rematch (perhaps... "The Rematch"), or if they give that spot to Virginia or Georgia Tech. Obviously I would prefer to play one of the other two and not Clemson again. Blah...

And for what it's worth. I know the season didn't look all that great. But if you told me 7-5 before the season started, I think that's what most of us expected. Would we have "taken" it? Probably not, but I know I'm not too disappointed. Would've loved a better record, but it is what it is. To Atlanta we go!

I do not want to play Clemson again.   GT is interesting they either win by a blowout or lose in a blowout.

I have a feeling that were going to go to Gator Bowl and not the chicken filet.

If you can provide a scenario, I'd love to hear it. I'm pretty sure Chick-Fil-A bowl trumps the Gator Bowl, even though the Gator Bowl is a New Years Day Bowl. Sorry, but "feelings" don't trump the rules ;)

I would rather go somewhere else than the Chick-Fil-A. My fear with this Bowl is that we will be stuck with Clemson for a Rematch. What is this year of the REMATCH.

If you can provide a scenario, I'd love to hear it. I'm pretty sure Chick-Fil-A bowl trumps the Gator Bowl, even though the Gator Bowl is a New Years Day Bowl. Sorry, but "feelings" don't trump the rules ;)

Im going on hunch alone assuming that Clemson does not wn the ACC and that we already played Clemson and people might not want to see a rematch and we open the 2012 season against Clemson in the same venue as the Chicken Filet bowl. Based on that, we as Auburn might not want to go and maybe even the organizers who are more about the $$$$ than anything might be concerned about selling tickets. Again, just a hunch and i do agree with you that Chicken Filet is higher on Bowl priority list than Gator.

Whichever bowl we get, I would like to see the qb race reopened....and if Kiehl wins I wanna see him throw 20+ times. If we go to the gator I hear ohio st, chickfila would be clem/va tech/virginia

Whichever bowl we get, I would like to see the qb race reopened....and if Kiehl wins I wanna see him throw 20+ times. If we go to the gator I hear ohio st, chickfila would be clem/va tech/virginia

I hope it's not VTech.  Our performance against top ten teams this year has not been pretty. 

Im going on hunch alone assuming that Clemson does not wn the ACC and that we already played Clemson and people might not want to see a rematch and we open the 2012 season against Clemson in the same venue as the Chicken Filet bowl. Based on that, we as Auburn might not want to go and maybe even the organizers who are more about the $$$$ than anything might be concerned about selling tickets. Again, just a hunch and i do agree with you that Chicken Filet is higher on Bowl priority list than Gator.

The Chick-Fil-A Bowl is required to select us by rule. They will have no other teams to choose from, so what their organizers want does not factor into the equation at all.

Unless Auburn elects not to accept, that is the only situation I could see. But I'm not sure how much say Auburn has in that. I suppose we could deny the acceptance, assuming the Gator Bowl would take us (if they don't offer Florida prior). But the Chick-Fil-A Bowl having to offer us could be what screws Clemson. They may offer us, we accept, and therefore Clemson gets the shaft and they offer UVA or GT. It'll be interesting to see what all parties elect to do.

Seeing as how we have done nothing but regress this year, I was hoping for the Pizza Bowl in Bham against a soft team.  This would give us the the month of practice and hopefully a competitive game.  We don't need another ranked opponent clobbering us.

i'm fighting to keep the faith.

Why wouldn't the bowl choose FSU?  Are they forced to take the ACC team with the most wins?  FSU has the same record as GT, and Virginia. 

Why wouldn't the bowl choose FSU?  Are they forced to take the ACC team with the most wins?  FSU has the same record as GT, and Virginia. 

I forgot about FSU, but they are not obligated to take the ACC team with the most wins. Not that I'm aware of anyways. Bowls are only obligated to pick in a specific selection order and follow the rules that a 6 win team can't be selected over a 7 win team.

I do not want to play Clemson again.   GT is interesting they either win by a blowout or lose in a blowout.

Hey, what's wrong with losing in a blowout huh?? Ha!  ;D

I just want us to play someone that does not have a Defense.

Maybe we could play Ole Miss again and a couple times next year for good measure.  :laugh:

I'd take Clemson again. They're playing terrible right now.

However, they nearly lost to Wofford the week before we played them so who knows.

Please anybody but Clemson, we start the year with them in 2012. There is no way to get excited about that repeat.

This is what worries me. If you think it's boring for the fans, imagine being on the team. Trying to get geared up for a team for the 3rd time in 12 months could be difficult.

UNLESS they blow us out in the bowl game and YabboDabboDoo opens his trap again- don't think we won't remember that.

From the SEC it looks like the Chick-fil-a Bowl would take Auburn or South Carolina--both of which would be rematches. And the Chick-fil-a Bowl doesn't jive with my New Year's Eve plans  ;D

I would like to see FSU because they have a tough defense. Plus we recruit in FL and go head to head for players.  We need someone to try and get better against.  This should not be a game to get a an easy win, but a game to get better. IMO  

Archived