Excited about AU B-ball!!!

jdmaum1

I agree!

The first half of the USF game it looked like the same B-ball team I watched last year.  Second half they appeared to come to life and were actually fun to watch.  They even made free throws!

Go Coach Barbee!

• 2 weeks later...

i did not want to start a new thread, so this seemed as good a place as any to ask this question.  We are a few games away from the half way mark.  I believe we have  a full scholarship roster right now ... we have 4 LOI's signed and only 3 scholly seniors.  The 4 recruits are SG, SF, PF , C ... I will assume all of them will make it in.  Now there are rumors of Harrell transfering (i will assume this is a long shot ... i dont know any details)

I am excited about the level of play this year despite the inconsistencies.  They appear to be much more talented and deeper than last year.  glad to finally be able to say that we have a talented enough team where we might be underperforming!

Now the question ... who is the odd man or men out?  Is this a playoff for Chubb/Payne to see if they stay on the team next year.  Chubb seems to be the most criticized and payne appears to be in the dog house ... the only other candidates would be freshmen and that wont happen because they need to be given a chance.  Am I miss reading this?  FWIW, I think Chubb has shown some spurts of really good play and then others have been just head bangers.  I am assuming Payne?  What say ya'll in the know or is my math off ...

Archived