Does AU look at taking another RB now?

Ronald McDonald

I really don't think we go after another RB unless Robinson just doesn't make it in.  There are just more needs say on the Defensive side of the ball.

If we can't flip TJ back it is high priority.

We cant talk to him, or any other recruit again until January. He'll be enrolled at bama before we ever get to even talk to him.

He's been bama all along. He's a piece of crap. Hopefully he gets processed soon.

We cant talk to him, or any other recruit again until January. He'll be enrolled at bama before we ever get to even talk to him.

He's been bama all along. He's a piece of crap. Hopefully he gets processed soon.

We have been recruiting lights out at RB the past few years. But it is all unproven talent with the exception of maybe Tre Mason.  Even with TM though we don't really know how he would handle being the premier back in our O.

I think they go for another RB because we don't know how the guys on board will turn out.

I'd give Trey Williams and Keith Marshall shouts.  If there is interest, great.  If not, then pack it in and hope the Dyer is back, Tre continues to get better at his current rate, and that Robinson and Blakely are as good as advertised.

I think that the new OC we hire might have an impact on what happens, but TJ will enroll in school soon and when that happens it is over. I think we need to focus on other RB's if we are looking that direction or use TJ spot for someone that wants to be at AU. That is what we should focus on not throwing a pity party because TJ has switched to the dark side.

Hopefully the rest of our recruits remember this. Would love nothing more than to make him pay for it next november..if he even gets to play. Hopefully Nero breaks him in half.

I think that the new OC we hire might have an impact on what happens, but TJ will enroll in school soon and when that happens it is over. I think we need to focus on other RB's if we are looking that direction or use TJ spot for someone that wants to be at AU. That is what we should focus on not throwing a pity party because TJ has switched to the dark side.

I really don't think we go after another RB unless Robinson just doesn't make it in.  There are just more needs say on the Defensive side of the ball.

This.  The only way we go after a running back in my opinion is if the coaches believe either of the following is true:

a) J Robinson is at high risk not to qualify.

B) Dyer is at high risk to not be on the field for 2012 due to off field issues.

If Dyer makes it back for 2012, we will be strong at the position for next year and there is zero reason why we need to go after leftover running backs in this class.  Even if he doesn't make it back, I think we'll be fine rolling with Blakley, Mason, and Robinson next year.

If Robinson will be on the roster come August 2012 and

Dyer is back then I say no. That will give us a backfield

with Dyer, McCalebb, Mason, Blakely, Grant and Robinson.

I believe they can amange to gain a few yards. ;)

With the Dyer situation, you have to take two in this class. We really only have two true scholarship running backs in Mason and Blakely. We need four. Dyer isn't coming back and I'm not counting Omac for what I believe are obvious reasons.

I would be very surprised if we didn't go after another back. Dyer, McCalebb, and Robinson are all question marks for next year. That leaves Blakely and Mason (and I suppose Grant as a possibility to end up back at RB). That is too much risk to not at least turn up the heat on a couple guys. If by the time the dead period ends we have more certainty about one or two of those guys, then we take the heat off and don't push for officials. Right now, you've got to at least be making the calls.

Archived