It's Perplexing

mom2kid

I can think of at least 3 other SEC programs looking for coordinators, I don't see their fan base crying, accusing their coach of not having a plan and last but not least trying to kill the program. I have to say some are acting like spoiled brats who wrecked their BMW and mom and dad are saying you are going to have to wait to get another one. Every day someone starts a new post saying the same thing, I have to wonder how many Updyke's we have on the board.

A fan is committed to their team through thick and thin, good and bad. They let you know when they are unhappy as well as when they are happy with the way things are going. What I have seen since Coach Chizik has been hired, is the same people criticize him, the first year we didn't when enough games and the defense was terrible, last year, he screw up the whole Cam story, he should have talked more. This year even thought we were one of the youngest team in the country and was told that we would be luck to go 5-7, we ended up 8-5. Now some think because he has not told everyone, every move he is making regarding coordinators, he is killing the program.

You can rest assured that before recruiting opens up after the dead period the coordinators will be in place and we will have another top 10 recruiting class. It is time to quit acting like Updyke's, homers and spoiled brats and look at the positives that Auburn represents.

Most of the big name schools that need coordinators have not announced either.  With agents like Sexton out there in a "coordinator's market", the price for coordinators may have the coaches and athletic directors in sticker shock.  I have a suspicion that closing a deal is tough at the moment.  Don't forget, we broke the scale when we gave that huge contract to Gus last year to get him to stay... what was it $1.5M?

It is getting funny with all the homers and Updyke's on this board, you would think that they would have their own boards to talk about their theories. Na, they would rather show how dumb they can be to the world.

I can think of at least 3 other SEC programs looking for coordinators, I don't see their fan base crying, accusing their coach of not having a plan and last but not least trying to kill the program. I have to say some are acting like spoiled brats who wrecked their BMW and mom and dad are saying you are going to have to wait to get another one. Every day someone starts a new post saying the same thing, I have to wonder how many Updyke's we have on the board.

A fan is committed to their team through thick and thin, good and bad. They let you know when they are unhappy as well as when they are happy with the way things are going. What I have seen since Coach Chizik has been hired, is the same people criticize him, the first year we didn't when enough games and the defense was terrible, last year, he screw up the whole Cam story, he should have talked more. This year even thought we were one of the youngest team in the country and was told that we would be luck to go 5-7, we ended up 8-5. Now some think because he has not told everyone, every move he is making regarding coordinators, he is killing the program.

You can rest assured that before recruiting opens up after the dead period the coordinators will be in place and we will have another top 10 recruiting class. It is time to quit acting like Updyke's, homers and spoiled brats and look at the positives that Auburn represents.

Bingo, we have a winner.

Cut. Locate "I don't know anything so I'm complaining" thread. Paste. Repeat.

For weeks we've been seeing posts assuring fans that Chizik has a plan; he has his guys.  We've been asked to be patirent that everything is fine and that as soon as the bowl games are over, the coaches will be announced.  Then we heard that Chiciz was looking at the pros for coordinators.  With NSD looming, most of the bowl games completed, and the pro playoffs underway, most of us are perplexed as to why we have yet to select coordinators as well as the lack of true information.  Posters have speculated on a wide list of possible candidates with absolutely nothing credible being "leaked".  Surely if we are to believe that Chizik told CTR to go or knew that CGM was looking for a HC opportunity, he would have had a shortlist of candidates ready to go.  I guess we just need to hold tight and wait.  But please people, let's not post any more rumors or wish lists.  I just hope that Chizik has indeed had a plan and that it will be apparent why the long wait when the coaches get announced.  Because otherwise, this is not good for the program. 

you are right....it has become preplexing for me,also....i am prepared to be underwhelmed

I certainly believe in CGC and the credibility he has brought to Auburn football.  I'm sure that when the hires are announced, some light may be shined on the process and the timing of the selections.  But for now, my comments were meant to say that the "rumors on the street", the leads from "reputable sources", and the number of posts regarding potential candidates have just brought confusion and have questions which can have a negative effect.  In the past hour there were two new threads started with more inclonclusive rumors on this topic.  It would be more productive for us to stop the guessing and wait and see.  But without an OC or DC, the sooner, the better.

mom, we can stop being preplexed now.....my mouth is hanging open and i can't make it go back in place....brian van gorder is worth the wait

Chizik hires a DC and people are already second guessing. As I have said several times in thread, the Bammers and Homers are getting worried. With this hire the defense will be back to old standards, maybe it is time for them to get back to their boards and wonder if the Satin his headed out of town soon. Why would would Smart pull back from some solid HC jobs that would have paid far more that he is making? Could be Satin to Texas or the NFL, the latter I doubt but the word is Texas would make him Steve Austin the $10 million dollar man. Point, you may want to worry about your on house.

mom, we can stop being preplexed now.....my mouth is hanging open and i can't make it go back in place....brian van gorder is worth the wait

good man chiz.... now lets get that OC

Living in Atlanta I agree; this is a great hire.  Chizik indeed was looking at the pros.  I can't wait to see who he selects for new OC.  WDE!!!!

Chizik hires a DC and people are already second guessing.

From what I've read, no one is second guessing.  :dunno:  Everyone is pretty excited about this hire.

For weeks we've been seeing posts assuring fans that Chizik has a plan; he has his guys.  We've been asked to be patirent that everything is fine and that as soon as the bowl games are over, the coaches will be announced.  Then we heard that Chiciz was looking at the pros for coordinators.  With NSD looming, most of the bowl games completed, and the pro playoffs underway, most of us are perplexed as to why we have yet to select coordinators as well as the lack of true information.  Posters have speculated on a wide list of possible candidates with absolutely nothing credible being "leaked".  Surely if we are to believe that Chizik told CTR to go or knew that CGM was looking for a HC opportunity, he would have had a shortlist of candidates ready to go.  I guess we just need to hold tight and wait.  But please people, let's not post any more rumors or wish lists.  I just hope that Chizik has indeed had a plan and that it will be apparent why the long wait when the coaches get announced.  Because otherwise, this is not good for the program. 

you are right....it has become preplexing for me,also....i am prepared to be underwhelmed

Tony Chachere 's might spice that up a little... :cool:

Tony Chachere 's might spice that up a little... :cool:

:laugh:

Archived