Anybody else ready for baseball season?

Creede Simpson playing second right now.

Interesting. Any other tips on who's playing where? I figured Alvord would be at SS but not sure about any other spots.

How's the team predicted to do this season?  Top 25 team? 

I plan on driving down for a few games this season.  Hopefully, they still have hot dogs night...

I plan on driving down for a few games this season.  Hopefully, they still have hot dogs night...

There's nothing like watching an AU baseball game and eating a hot dog on a warm evening at Plainsman Park. It's one of my favorite things to do. 

Not exactly. The coaches preseason picks came out today, and we're picked to finish last in the West.

Obviously predictions don't mean a whole lot, but if we finish last this year, the heat will be FIRMLY on Coach P, and rightfully so. I don't think we'll finish last though.

Tickets have arrived and I plan to be there this weekend.  I hope we do better than the coaches picked us to finished.  Last place in the SEC West is not where I was us to be at the end of the season.

We could very well be last in the SEC, but preseason predictions in college baseball are normally all over the place.  Its a very hard sport to predict with so much turnover.  Junior college players can come out of nowhere and freshman can step in right way and make an impact.  Of course, simply the game itself is full of randomness.  I wouldn't put too much stock in pre-season rankings.  I consider myself a realist when it comes to Auburn sports, and I am optimistic about the upcoming season (but who knows?)

I will be there hoping to see the Tigers start strong! This Anderson kid for Mizzou is good. I'm honestly would love to see us when like 3-2 or something where we see a team come out and play good fundamental baseball and win with defense and pitching.

Sidenote I doubt they get to play tomorrow as there's a 100% chance of rain.

Archived