Anybody else ready for baseball season?

I love college basketball but Auburn makes it painful to watch sometimes. I do however love watching some Auburn baseball. Should be interesting to see what the team looks like with so many new guys in the lineup. Anybody else ready for that opening series vs Missouri?

I love college basketball but Auburn makes it painful to watch sometimes. I do however love watching some Auburn baseball. Should be interesting to see what the team looks like with so many new guys in the lineup. Anybody else ready for that opening series vs Missouri?

Ready for sure. I was sick all season and didn`t get to go to a single game last season. Ready to make up for it now.

Ready for sure. I was sick all season and didn`t get to go to a single game last season. Ready to make up for it now.

Wow... you were sick for a long time.

I was sick for awhile for sure. I started having problems a couple of years ago that really mutiplied in the fall of 2010 and exploded  last year. Ended up with being diagnosed with Congestive heart failure; spent 26 days in hospital. Had double bypass surgery and pericardium(heart sac) removed. Lost 85 pounds in less than 2 months and now feel and am better than have been in several years. Yes I am looking forward to the season just as I look forward to every day.

WDE

I was sick for awhile for sure. I started having problems a couple of years ago that really mutiplied in the fall of 2010 and exploded  last year. Ended up with being diagnosed with Congestive heart failure; spent 26 days in hospital. Had double bypass surgery and pericardium(heart sac) removed. Lost 85 pounds in less than 2 months and now feel and am better than have been in several years. Yes I am looking forward to the season just as I look forward to every day.

WDE

Wow, that's amazing!! did they never give you a stress test or monitor you to check for symptoms?

WDE

Wow, that's amazing!! did they never give you a stress test or monitor you to check for symptoms?

Saw dr`s for 3 1/2 months; had all kinds of tests. One cardiologist said I had no heart problems; blood flow was good and muscle was good. Month later I was in ER at Baptist with severe swelling to size of grapefruits(you get the picture) and weighed 275 pounds. Gained about 50 lbs in 3 months. New dr found my problem in one day and sent me to UAB for definitive test and surgery. Took 2 weeks to get enough fluid off to do tests and for anestheisiolgist (sp) to agree to put me to sleep. Been all uphill since then.

Well God Bless you auclong, and WDE! Glad to hear that you're well now and ready for some AU baseball! It sounds like you've been through quite an ordeal.

I love baseball, and I can't wait to see what kind of team AU will field this season. I'm hoping for improved pitching and defensive play.....

Well God Bless you auclong, and WDE! Glad to hear that you're well now and ready for some AU baseball! It sounds like you've been through quite an ordeal.

I love baseball, and I can't wait to see what kind of team AU will field this season. I'm hoping for improved pitching and defensive play.....

Thanks TigerBelle; much appreciated. I can truly say it`s a great day to be alive every day. Now lets play some baseball Tigers.

I'm soooo ready for baseball. I'm tired of pretending I care about basketball.

Love em both but can`t beat sitting in the sun watching a ballgame with all the beautiful women and great guys in Auburn. I`ve been to at least one game/match whatever of every sport at Auburn except Equestrian and I`m gonna do thta one to. WDE

Ya'll been reading any of the updates on the fall world series? Sounds like Creede is doing well and I was glad to hear us turning a boat load of DPs. In my opinion with the amount of pitching we have returning this season we gotta become a team that can win in low scoring games.

WDE

i need to lose some weight, too ... but i will try to do it in a slightly different manner!  glad you are feeling better.  love to sit and watch a good college baseball game.  i try to get out to samford when au plays in bham.  usually find a way to make it to one game in auburn.

WDE

i need to lose some weight, too ... but i will try to do it in a slightly different manner!  glad you are feeling better.  love to sit and watch a good college baseball game.  i try to get out to samford when au plays in bham.  usually find a way to make it to one game in auburn.

Thanks Stache; appreciate the words. And yes; please do it in a different manner, especially if you don`t have good insurance. Over $250,000 but less than $5,000 out of my pocket.

Glad you are on the mend auclong!

At least two of my favorite type of days ahead...

2 weeks from today I (could it be we?) get to watch AU play Mizzou in baseball and then walk across to the arena for AU vs Miss St in basketball...

2 weeks after that, it's our final home game against LSU in basketball followed by a walk across the street to see AU play baseball (I believe that will be against the College of Charleston). 

Too bad the baseball team will not be at home on A-Day... another of my favorite type of days!

:wareagle:

Glad you are on the mend auclong!

At least two of my favorite type of days ahead...

2 weeks from today I (could it be we?) get to watch AU play Mizzou in baseball and then walk across to the arena for AU vs Miss St in basketball...

2 weeks after that, it's our final home game against LSU in basketball followed by a walk across the street to see AU play baseball (I believe that will be against the College of Charleston). 

Too bad the baseball team will not be at home on A-Day... another of my favorite type of days!

Mended well thanks. Been rafting, hiking and and stuff; went to see the last shuttle launch. Went sledding and ice skating for New Years; not ready to ski just yet but that`s more from 14 previous times on crutches and wheelchair. But first thing now on the list is AU baseball for sure.

So, does anyone in the know have an idea how the team is suppose to be this season?  I think that Pawlowski is a good coach, and I'm hoping that we'll be good this year.  To be honest though, I have no idea what realistic expectations for this season should be. :we:

So, does anyone in the know have an idea how the team is suppose to be this season?  I think that Pawlowski is a good coach, and I'm hoping that we'll be good this year.  To be honest though, I have no idea what realistic expectations for this season should be. :we:

I am not "in the know" but it is pretty clear that, with all the fielding turnover, we are going to have to rely on solid starting pitching along with an improved bull pen to win low scoring games.  "Small ball" will be the MO for this team.  Due to the nature of college baseball recruiting and the professional draft, with few exceptions, it is difficult to have clear expectations year to year.  Personally, I expect us to be competitive.

The big question in my mind:  Will the Tigers be able to play fundamentally sound baseball this season? 

Last season the basics were awful....errors, poor base running, couldn't advance runners, etc.  not to mention pitching problems of all kinds.  Those are the things a "small ball" team must do well.

I read that we are going to be a small ball team again this year which is fine with me, but unless the coaching staff is able to overcome the shabby play we saw last year, it's going to another season of hard to watch games.

IMO the jury is still out on Coach Pawloskii...but I'm hoping for the best.

:we: 

The big question in my mind:  Will the Tigers be able to play fundamentally sound baseball this season?   

Last season the basics were awful....errors, poor base running, couldn't advance runners, etc.  not to mention pitching problems of all kinds.   Those are the things a "small ball" team must do well.

I read that we are going to be a small ball team again this year which is fine with me, but unless the coaching staff is able to overcome the shabby play we saw last year, it's going to another season of hard to watch games.

IMO the jury is still out on Coach Pawloskii...but I'm hoping for the best.

:we:   

I have heard that the defense has been much better in practice this spring. Hope that is the case; just hope the pitching is as good as it appears it could be. Lets play ball.

It's gonna be an interesting season for sure. We have been the worst defensive team in the SEC the past two seasons so that's gotta change this year. I'm hoping Coach P gets things back going this year as I am still not sure if he's the answer or not. Anyway it's always fun to see a game at Plainsman Park!

Archived