Can I ask a question about banning?

War to the Eagle

It seems like folks are very quick to ban or threaten banning others on TAE.  I don't understand it.  I am usually as optimistic and idealistic as you'll find.  However, there are times where I get frustrated and want to ask questions about what's happening...not make negative statements, but simply ask why in the world things might be going the way they are. 

:timeout:

I know recruits read this board, and I am an Auburn man for life.  But I do not understand limiting topics or banning for these purposes.  Just curious how the process works.

Thanks, and  :wareagle:.

It seems like folks are very quick to ban or threaten banning others on TAE.  I don't understand it.  I am usually as optimistic and idealistic as you'll find.  However, there are times where I get frustrated and want to ask questions about what's happening...not make negative statements, but simply ask why in the world things might be going the way they are. 

:timeout:

I know recruits read this board, and I am an Auburn man for life.  But I do not understand limiting topics or banning for these purposes.  Just curious how the process works.

Thanks, and  :wareagle:.

I think everyone has a right to express their opinion while doing it in a considerate and tactful way (at least when talking about recruits and players). These are kids we are talking about, so I agree that it is more how we say it. We've all been guilty of poor choices of words b4.

It's how you say it, not what you say.

This^^ but it also depends on what is said.   The mods normally discuss among ourselves any questionable posters.   It normally takes more than one or two yesses before a poster is banned.  The poster is usually warned before he is banned, but, in some cases it is obvious that the poster needs to go.  

This is why I don't post here often, that and I don't have the time to blog like I used to. I do feel this site has too many mods and too many people that don't live in reality. I watched a documentary on North Korea last night. They sensor everything and put you in interment camps if you say a negative thought towards their beloved leader or government.

This is America, we have freedom of speech. Here comes the rebuttle - you don't have to be here on this site. Yes, this is true; however, I like talking with my Auburn brothers, but I can't say everything I feel with them here on this site.

Soon every post on here about today being a HUGE letdown will be removed. I hope our coaches will learn that you can't put all your eggs in one basket waiting on guys to make their decision on signing day. One or two I understand, but 7 or 8 is unacceptable, IMO.

War Eagle!

Your point is not lost.  There are plenty of threads still up with posts about disappointments today.  So that point is not valid.  We have deleted threads and posts that just went too far.  AE is basically a free message board.  The reason we try to keep it free is so we can control what is posted.  If you pay a monthly fee to post on a message board then you do have the right to post whatever you want to within some limits.  We, at AE, will always monitor all posts more closely than the other sites.  They are welcoming new members every day and losing members every day to AE because some like the way we do it here.   

Archived