Evan Woodberry, How is he a beat writer for AU.

auburnbass

And let us not forget that a lot of the most popular news sites, particularly sports sites, are modeled after newspaper-style information reporting and staffed by writers who got their start in newspaper writing.

If you tell me that the future of sports news is SportsbyBrooks and Clay Travis instead of YahooSports and al.com, I will find a gun and shoot you and then go home and shoot myself.

Opinion or it will go deeper.  I am thinking Sports Illustrated vs. Al.com 

Clarify?  Not sure what you just said/wrote.

And let us not forget that a lot of the most popular news sites, particularly sports sites, are modeled after newspaper-style information reporting and staffed by writers who got their start in newspaper writing.

If you tell me that the future of sports news is SportsbyBrooks and Clay Travis instead of YahooSports and al.com, I will find a gun and shoot you and then go home and shoot myself.

In general, journalism is already heading in that direction. 

Opinion or it will go deeper.  I am thinking Sports Illustrated vs. Al.com 

Clarify?  Not sure what you just said/wrote.

Sports magazines like Sports Illustrated are a little bit opinion, but mostly sell because they bring depth to a story which newspapers have already covered.  I can see newspapers turning to this type of reporting, because 20 years ago people learned information from the paper, but now people read the paper 12 hours after they have know all the information in the article. 

After reading Scarb's take on the AU-UAt basketball game last night, I'm willing to stick with Woodie.

Scarb pulled out all the snide references and barely mentioned the game itself.  What bothers me about al.com and the state papers, is there is rarely an objective commentary about a game.  Mostly the game reporting just provides a forum for Woodie or Scarb or whoever, to spout their opinions...and very little about the nature of the game.  JMO but Finescum has created an atmosphere in the state that all the newspaper writers want to imitate him and attract comment about their articles. 

Anything these guys write about AU seems to generate more bammer comment than response from AU fans.  IMO, the entire media in Alabama has been corrupted and mostly has the objective of keeping AU and UAt people at each other's throats.  I don't think it matters who gets assigned the beat writer slot at AU.

After reading Scarb's take on the AU-UAt basketball game last night, I'm willing to stick with Woodie.

Scarb pulled out all the snide references and barely mentioned the game itself.  What bothers me about al.com and the state papers, is there is rarely an objective commentary about a game.  Mostly the game reporting just provides a forum for Woodie or Scarb or whoever, to spout their opinions...and very little about the nature of the game.   JMO but Finescum has created an atmosphere in the state that all the newspaper writers want to imitate him and attract comment about their articles.   

Anything these guys write about AU seems to generate more bammer comment than response from AU fans.   IMO, the entire media in Alabama has been corrupted and mostly has the objective of keeping AU and UAt people at each other's throats.   I don't think it matters who gets assigned the beat writer slot at AU.

I believe you've hit the nail right on the head AU64.

The sports writers in this state want to be "noticed" and "talked about" by both fanbases.  They want to the praised by one fanbase one day and bashed by the other fanbase as well.  The object is to keep BOTH fanbases all riled up.  That way their articles keep everyone's attention.  They are all doing a remarkable job of keeping themselves in the spotlight even if their journalism is shoddy at best.

Archived