What has happened to Koussai

AuburnNTexas

At begiining of the year he was splitting time with Robb Chubb. Lately he seems to be playing less and less. Tonight I don't believe he played all all.  Is he hurt, not playing well, what???

Freshman center Willy Kouassi has officially played his way out of the lineup in almost any situation. With Chubb only playing 18 minutes, Kouassi never left the bench. Barbee said Monday that Kouassi has to learn the system to be able to get any kind of valuable minutes.

Read more here: http://www.wareagleextra.com/#storylink=cpy

freshmen big men have a hard time getting used to the pounding it takes under the boards.  chubb is up to 240 and half the time looks like he is in a wrestling match/brawl under the boards.  i think we are better with forbes adding a second big body.  kouassi needs to add about 30 good pounds.  i think the preseason minutes were very valuable.  when he learns how physical D1 ball is, puts on the muscle ... he will be very, very good.

This is where I think Armstead could really have helped the team. Shame he went to Oregon. This team needs a big body rebounding-screen setting- garbage point making-enforcer type bad.

freshmen big men have a hard time getting used to the pounding it takes under the boards.  chubb is up to 240 and half the time looks like he is in a wrestling match/brawl under the boards.  i think we are better with forbes adding a second big body.  kouassi needs to add about 30 good pounds.  i think the preseason minutes were very valuable.  when he learns how physical D1 ball is, puts on the muscle ... he will be very, very good.

I wouldn't think it would be all that difficult for Kouassi to put on 25 lbs in the offseason, not being 6'10. Just needs to be on the program and get some Yoxercise in.

I think there was a sighting in the Ole Miss game.  Did Barbee pull his red shirt in that game? 

sorry...thought I had read that he was hurt...and was going to be redshirted...maybe I should have looked at the date of the message.  :-X

I think there was a sighting in the Ole Miss game.  Did Barbee pull his red shirt in that game?   

I don't know where you got Kouassi is redshirting? He has played in 20 games this year.

Easy dude, AU64 is a very well liked senior member of the Auburn family.

I don't know where you got Kouassi is redshirting? He has played in 20 games this year.

What do you mean easy? I wasn't being harsh on him at all

Sorry reading several hundred garbage posts(Not yours) may have caused me to view it wrong. My appologies.

Sorry reading several hundred garbage posts(Not yours) may have caused me to view it wrong. My appologies.

That's alright

• 3 weeks later...

I liked what I saw from Koussai in our last two games against Alabama and LSU.  He made significant contributions on and off the stat sheet!

:wareagle:

I liked what I saw from Koussai in our last two games against Alabama and LSU.  He made significant contributions on and off the stat sheet!

:wareagle:

He is getting better and better. i think it just took time for him to feel comfortable out there. The last two games he has been way more aggressive and not so tentative. I love this kids potential.

Willie has done quite well the last few games and I can't wait to see how he looks next year when he adds some much needed muscle. He has good hands for a big and has the ability to catch and finish in traffic. We have missed both of those qualities in our post play this year.

Archived