Garrett Harper

GenesChin

I have heard from some people that after the Chick Fil A bowl game Garrett decided to not return to Auburn and the football team and transferred unexpectedly to SMU and is not participating in football any longer. I have heard this from some credible people but these things can always be wrong. AUQBDAD probably is more informed

Just a reminder as to who he was. Harper was an invited walk on who blocked a punt and recovered it in the Chick Fil A bowl game. Seemed to be very popular amongst the walk ons with someone telling me that he was one of the hardest working nicest guys on the team and he expected Harper to earn a scholarship before he was done. Seemed to catch people off guard that he left the program

I have heard from some people that after the Chick Fil A bowl game Garrett decided to not return to Auburn and the football team and transferred unexpectedly to SMU and is not participating in football any longer. I have heard this from some credible people but these things can always be wrong. AUQBDAD probably is more informed

Just a reminder as to who he was. Harper was an invited walk on who blocked a punt and recovered it in the Chick Fil A bowl game. Seemed to be very popular amongst the walk ons with someone telling me that he was one of the hardest working nicest guys on the team and he expected Harper to earn a scholarship before he was done. Seemed to catch people off guard that he left the program

This is true and we were very saddened at his leaving...the Harpers had gotten very close to the Uzomah's also...he is a great person and will be sorely missed.

His sister Lauren attends SMU, and has her entire collegiate career., so they are very familiar with the school.

Garrett loved playing for AU, and the Coaches loved him also. We wish him the very best in every endeavor.

Best of luck to you Garrett. I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving. You remind me of so many walk ons we've had in the past. Big heart and you always gave it your all every time you hit field.

Woah my Harper senses were tingling. 

I was just thinking about this kid, and lo and behold, a thread was started on him!

Then I read this....

I'm bummed now  :(

This is true and we were very saddened at his leaving...the Harpers had gotten very close to the Uzomah's also...he is a great person and will be sorely missed.

His sister Lauren attends SMU, and has her entire collegiate career., so they are very familiar with the school.

Garrett loved playing for AU, and the Coaches loved him also. We wish him the very best in every endeavor.

I heard it hit CJ pretty hard since they were roommates I guess. Got to do what is best for you and your family. Just a bummer since he seemed to have lots of promise/upside for a walk-on. Can't argue with leaving on top I guess though

I hate to hear that he left Auburn completely.  Being a walk on is very tough.  Best of luck to you Garrett.  You have earned your place in Auburn Football History. 

I too was disappointed, but totally expected with the departure of Coach Malzahn.  Instead of increasing PT (deserved) Harper's playing time would very likely have decreased. Really a shame because I was very impressed with his athleticism, his quickness, and speed., but being a walkon is a tough way to go, which my daughter can attest to.  Wish him the best.  Seemed like a great kid. 

Archived