Opinions?

auburn43

What kind of offense do ya'll think we will be running and do ya'll think we will see more of the option this season? :we:

This question has been asked repeatedly. I think there are about 3 or 4 other threads that address this topic in the last few months. check the Auburn football section of the boards. Look there and you will find all sorts of speculation.

Not being an ass just offering some guidance to help you answer your question.

MULTIPLE PROSTYLE/WEST COAST .....NO I DON'T THINK WE WILL BE RUNNING ANY TRUE OPTION PER SE.

I disagree with the no option part. All CSL has said so far is that the offense will be multiple, play to our strengths, and that he prefers "pro-style". The playing to our strengths part calls for some option IMO. Not only do we have a budding duel threat QB, but a starting running back whose best play is the speed option. I'm personally expecting a true hybrid that focuses on running the ball and throwing downhill. Honestly I expect it to look like what we have been running, but take out the trick plays and hurry up and add going under center and using a fullback. Just one opinion though.

This question has been asked repeatedly. I think there are about 3 or 4 other threads that address this topic in the last few months. check the Auburn football section of the boards. Look there and you will find all sorts of speculation.

Ok thanks man. I didn't know that

No problem, but to actually answer your question, I see us with a multiple offense. No formation or play is off the table. I think it looks more to the likings of the Saints. We will use every formation and play at our disposal to accomplish the ultimate goal. We will not a be one dimentional offense. as in just pro style, or just spread. I think we see a little of everything.

No problem, but to actually answer your question, I see us with a multiple offense. No formation or play is off the table. I think it looks more to the likings of the Saints. We will use every formation and play at our disposal to accomplish the ultimate goal. We will not a be one dimentional offense. as in just pro style, or just spread. I think we see a little of everything.

I hope you're right cause that would definitely keep the opposing defenses guessing  :we:

I think this is about as good an answer as we're going to come up with at this point.

I'd like to see some Pistol, Power I, Gator Heavy, Weak I, Strong I, Ace, 2 back, and lots of motion. No Huddle for a few drives a game (just to keep the D on edge), FB dives, and good old fashioned fly routes. Bootleg and maybe a little triple option. lol what do you think?

I'd like to see some Pistol, Power I, Gator Heavy, Weak I, Strong I, Ace, 2 back, and lots of motion. No Huddle for a few drives a game (just to keep the D on edge), FB dives, and good old fashioned fly routes. Bootleg and maybe a little triple option. lol what do you think?

Well, that's multiple alright...:laugh:

MULTIPLE PROSTYLE/WEST COAST .....NO I DON'T THINK WE WILL BE RUNNING ANY TRUE OPTION PER SE.

I disagree with the no option part. All CSL has said so far is that the offense will be multiple, play to our strengths, and that he prefers "pro-style". The playing to our strengths part calls for some option IMO. Not only do we have a budding duel threat QB, but a starting running back whose best play is the speed option. I'm personally expecting a true hybrid that focuses on running the ball and throwing downhill. Honestly I expect it to look like what we have been running, but take out the trick plays and hurry up and add going under center and using a fullback. Just one opinion though.

I agree with you ( with the exception of the dual threat part as I think Moseley gets the start). My interpretation of what Loeffler meant is this: We are going to throw out the term scheme. He will recruit the best players interested in our program. At the beginning of the year, he will find impact players and focus the offense around those players. It will be a mix between spread and pro. Considering our recruiting over the past few years, I think we will look more spread like this year.

Loeffler said he wanted to get back to a more traditional offense, but, of you listen to the comments around that statement, he was talking about play speed. He wanted to use more ball control and get away from fast no huddle.

although you did list the triple option ... you forgot veer, wing t, wishbone, single wing, double wing etc...

when I hear the offense described as multiple I try to remember if I ever heard a coach say"we are gonna run the same sets and the same plays repeatedly, regardless of the success or lack of"

AU can't just switch over to the Pro Style offense right away. They have recruited for the spread for three years so a lot of the players on the roster now were recruited to do that. I think they'll change how they recruit in future years but for now you play to your strengths and the personnel you have.

It will be a modified Pro option pistol whip wishbone double route run pass with bootleg bubble screen.

Who cares what it is labeled as long at it scores football points and the offense plays smart that is what I want outta an offense.

AU can't just switch over to the Pro Style offense right away. They have recruited for the spread for three years so a lot of the players on the roster now were recruited to do that. I think they'll change how they recruit in future years but for now you play to your strengths and the personnel you have.

Something people really need to understand is that while, yes, we have been recruiting for the spread, our recruiting has been strong enough that we've gotten predominantly players who are talented enough to play in both types of offense. The biggest reason I see us sticking with some spread concepts is that Frazier will be the likely starting QB, and his mobility is a very dangerous weapon.

I find it funny that some think that switching from one offensive scheme to another is akin to one switching to speaking Swahili from English in one day. These guys are talented enough to make the switch pretty easily.

I mean, if nothing else, do you really think we're going to do away with the speed sweep option play? We have three running backs with outstanding speed, the kind of speed that if you don't respect it, then he's around end and in the endzone before you can blink...but then once you start playing that run, Kiehl Frazier is going to pull the ball and take off downfield. I sincerely think he's going to be a Dameyune Craig/Jason Campbell hybrid, and when you add in play action passes...well, let's just say we have a lot of potential just with that, and it's all considered "spread".

What, no Notre Dame Box??? :tease:

Archived