tattoo

I have 2. Just had one covered last October. so I have recieved 3 total. As to where to get one, In Alabama I'm not sure.

First figure out what you want exactly. Then start going to parlors and looking at the artists photo books, not that crap on the walls. Find one that does the type of work your looking to get As they all have strengths and weaknesses. some just have a better hand at doing different types of tattoos. And some are just far superior to others in general. watch them if you can. Make sure they use fresh needles and ink holders with each new person. If you don't see them pull the needles from the packaging that looks like it was made for hospital use, Roll out FAST!

I can name a few places in Alaska and South Gorgia. Nothing in Alabama though. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

Thank you. I already know what I would get and where on my body I would get it.  I was just wondering if there is anywhere that someone would recommend.  Also, where on your body would get one.

(I am not for sure getting one.  just thinking about it.)

reccomend somwhere where it can be covered up by clothing when you go to work. so It's really up to you, Just my reccomendation. Most jobs have issues with tattoos, As your representing the company, they don't want someone with full sleeves in a short sleeve shirt at the counter. Not saying it doesn't happen, but you job chances can be ruined by a tattoo in a easily visable spot.

Stay away from the neck as this is a very difficult spot to cover.  Back, calfs, thighs, upper arm, shoulder. Yet you still want it to be visable when not at work.

Here is my last Tattoo. It was a cover job. Located on my upper right back. Now it goes to the top of my shoulder and wraps around to my side.

Before -  Before

After -  After

Right after too. It's still seeping a little blood.

I also have one on the outside of my right calf but no pics of that one.

Does anybody on here have a tattoo, and if so, where would you recommend getting one?

Not here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZf4ztbhczBhwMMXSLcEIKjbfx6iExnGnf_bIxq09mdSH8oYtgdF_I_X81

reccomend somwhere where it can be covered up by clothing when you go to work.

Couldn't agree more. My company has a policy against them if they cannot be covered. I have my fraternity letters on my left ankle but I'm in long pants all day so it's covered.

As to a shop to go to it would help to know where you are.

reccomend somwhere where it can be covered up by clothing when you go to work. so It's really up to you, Just my reccomendation. Most jobs have issues with tattoos, As your representing the company, they don't want someone with full sleeves in a short sleeve shirt at the counter. Not saying it doesn't happen, but you job chances can be ruined by a tattoo in a easily visable spot.

Stay away from the neck as this is a very difficult spot to cover.  Back, calfs, thighs, upper arm, shoulder. Yet you still want it to be visable when not at work.

Here is my last Tattoo. It was a cover job. Located on my upper right back. Now it goes to the top of my shoulder and wraps around to my side.

Before -  Before

After -  After

Definitely like the after better.

Does anybody on here have a tattoo, and if so, where would you recommend getting one?

I got both of mine done at Voodoo Needle here in Auburn. Their reputation started going down hill a few years ago, but they're under new owner ship now I believe. Also what I will tell you is that if you're thinking about getting something generic or common (cross, anything tribal) you may want to consider letting the artist put their own spin on it. They do these types all the time and become bored with them. If you let them do their own piece, or something they have not done before then they will pay more attention to the fine details of the tattoo.

As for where I would recommend getting one I would say that is a choice you need to make. If you are looking for what hurts the least I would say the back or upper arm or chest. Anyplace going over bone is going to hurt a little more.

Not here.

So your saying you made the mistake of putting one there.

Before -  Before

After -  After

Definitely like the after better.

I got both of mine done at Voodoo Needle here in Auburn. Their reputation started going down hill a few years ago, but they're under new owner ship now I believe. Also what I will tell you is that if you're thinking about getting something generic or common (cross, anything tribal) you may want to consider letting the artist put their own spin on it. They do these types all the time and become bored with them. If you let them do their own piece, or something they have not done before then they will pay more attention to the fine details of the tattoo.

As for where I would recommend getting one I would say that is a choice you need to make. If you are looking for what hurts the least I would say the back or upper arm or chest. Anyplace going over bone is going to hurt a little more.

If your worried about a little pain, stay away from the sides as well, very tender.

Yea I heard the ribs are about the worst place to get a tattoo.

It's not the bone, the bone hurts, but it's the tender skin that hurts worse. Same with under your arm, inside the thigh, the areola, Stomach. All very tender skin.

The sternum is very painful, and the collar bones are as well. The best place, as far as pain goes, is the back, upper shoulder. The calf is also relatively painless.

When you look at an artist's portfolio, pay particular attention to his/her strength in regards to color or black/grey work. There's a big difference in final product with many artists when you compare their color and black/grey work. Base your ultimate decison on shop or artist according to what you see in the portfolio, and what it is exactly that you want.

If you happen to be in or near North AL, I can give you a few good reccomendations.

I've got three all of which are small and coverable.  I guess I've never been willing to give that big of a commitment.  The most painful ones for me have all been right over bones.  My wife has several all done by Jeremy Crawford at Old School Ink in Gadsden.  Jeremy is a standup guy, complies with all state regulations regarding cleanliness and sterilization, is a FANTASTIC artist and .....he's a big Auburn fan.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Old-School-Ink-Tattoos/137466922947468

The sternum is very painful, and the collar bones are as well. The best place, as far as pain goes, is the back, upper shoulder. The calf is also relatively painless.

When you look at an artist's portfolio, pay particular attention to his/her strength in regards to color or black/grey work. There's a big difference in final product with many artists when you compare their color and black/grey work. Base your ultimate decison on shop or artist according to what you see in the portfolio, and what it is exactly that you want.

If you happen to be in or near North AL, I can give you a few good reccomendations.

You big girl.  ;D:tease:

I thought you were supposed to be banned?  :beatmullet::tease:

I thought you were supposed to be banned?   :beatmullet::tease:

I was wondering when you were going to see that.  :laugh:

Where are you at? this may help you get an answer as to reccomendations as to what shop and artist to take a look at. Also What are you thinking about getting inked? and how big a piece? Pictures Help. this could decide a body location for you as finer art requires larger body pieces otherwise you lose the detail.

This is why I said look at the artists portfolio. You can see the work that he has done and be able to judge his work against someone else’s that may be a better option for color vs. black. Also pay attention as to wither his work consist of the garbage tattoo parlors pull out of a book and slap on the walls. Never choose an artist that all or most of his work consists of crap off the walls. Again look for an artist with plenty of work in the style your looking at getting. Furthermore, don't be afraid to travel to go to a good parlor/artist. in the end it may be very well worth the gas to drive somewhere away from your home area to get quality work.

Not here.

Where did you get that picture of me, Bird??

Archived