Saban hired

Guayascate

Two high school coaches from Blount.  One was Chris Samuels.  I was looking at Al.com for elections results and saw tHe headline.  No doubt Fbum will proclaim it the best SEC hires of 2012.  If the shoe were on the other foot..... Did someone (or two someone's) leave their staff?  Sorry I don't follow the tide very closely.

Two high school coaches from Blount.   One was Chris Samuels.  I was looking at Al.com for elections results and saw tHe headline.  No doubt Fbum will proclaim it the best SEC hires of 2012.  If the shoe were on the other foot..... Did someone (or two someone's) leave their staff?  Sorry I don't follow the tide very closely.

CS's hire has been in the works for a few months.  There is a previous post on AE about Saban hiring him. 

Guest JNieder51188

since when did saban join the auburn football staff....sorry just had to throw that out there...nice to see he's going the "high school coaches" route

since when did saban join the auburn football staff....sorry just had to throw that out there...nice to see he's going the "high school coaches" route

That's how weeman likes it. Get em in young, tell them how and what they are to coach and do, and then tell them to shut their mouths and do what he says. Yeah, that's who I would be dying to work for.

Sounds like two vacancies occurred in the past couple months...does  :devil: "process" coaches too? 

Never saw a word from the state media about Bama assistants leaving...you would have thought that AU was the only SEC school to have any staff changes.    And of course, no complaints from the media about NS's assistants being prohibited from public comment....guess they are satisfied if the great one gives them an occasional audience.

That's how weeman likes it. Get em in young, tell them how and what they are to coach and do, and then tell them to shut their mouths and do what he says. Yeah, that's who I would be dying to work for.

I would have LOVED to have had the opportunity to play football at AU, go on to the pro's and later come back to AU to coach football, for a nice salary.  I don't care if I had to work for Tater-Tot Bowden, as long as I was back at home & part of the AU program, I'd take the job in a heartbeat.  :wareagle:

It's a GIANT secret - saban won't allow any coaches to speak to the media - he won't allow any freshmen to speak to the media - no one knows how many athletes are on scholarship - no one knows how many coaches are on staff - it's a GIANT secret.  :laugh:  (IMO, he keeps things like this under wraps just to piss off and irritate folks.)

Archived