Zeke's jersey #

auburn4ever

I realize it's March 15th, but since it's slow right now, I tought I'd throw this out for us to bite on. Anybody care to give their opinion on what Zeke's # should be next fall. I'll start. I feel he should wear #5.

Yeah I wondered the same thing. If it was possible I'd imagine he'd want the same as his high school number. But if not, I think 5 would suit him well.

I don't think the numbers matter any longer since they started letting more than one player wear a number as long as they aren't on the field at the same time. If they really wanted to all QBs could wear the same number - that's how bad the jersey numbers issue has gotten.  :banghead:

I don't think the numbers matter any longer since they started letting more than one player wear a number as long as they aren't on the field at the same time. If they really wanted to all QBs could wear the same number - that's how bad the jersey numbers issue has gotten.  :banghead:

Not last year. There were several plays where we had multiple QBs on the field at the same time.

With his tendency to fly in the face of adversity, I'd definitely go with 13!!

If I'm not mistaken, I think the rule is the duplicate numbers can only be on opposites sides of the ball,1 defense and 1 offense. But, even in that case, I am not a fan of duplicate numbers or LBs with anything but a 50ish number or DEs with teen numbers. I'm old school, what can I say ?

:dunno:

Why #5 for Zeke? well look to Cam. Here was a 6-6, 255 dude wearing a small number. Now we have a 6-5, 230 dude in Zeke Pike. It would be another great fit.

If I'm not mistaken, I think the rule is the duplicate numbers can only be on opposites sides of the ball,1 defense and 1 offense. But, even in that case, I am not a fan of duplicate numbers or LBs with anything but a 50ish number or DEs with teen numbers. I'm old school, what can I say ?

:dunno:

I'm with you IronMan. I am a number traditionalist.

All those Dyer fans that have jerseys will still wear them to the game. So he would feel like they are all wearing the jersey for him.

I thought everyone was buying  Jake Holland jerseys?  :dunno:

Now if you really wanted Zeke to stand out, then he should wear #22. That was Gabe Gross' # I think Gabe is the only Auburn QB to ever wear #22.  :bananadance:

With his tendency to fly in the face of adversity, I'd definitely go with 13!!

I think I saw where Kiehl said he wanted to change his number to 13.

Now if you really wanted Zeke to stand out, then he should wear #22. That was Gabe Gross' # I think Gabe is the only Auburn QB to ever wear #22.  :bananadance:

I think there is a rule now that says QBs have to wear a # between 1-19. I THINK.

One day at a time and small baby steps for Zeke.  It is a loooong time until August.   

wde

You can have multiple same numbers on the team. They just cant be on the field at the same time. Example Georgia has 2 running backs with the #1 jersey. Thats fine they just cant be on the field at the same time. But im gonna guess he will wear #14 IMO.  :tdau:

All those Dyer fans that have jerseys will still wear them to the game. So he would feel like they are all wearing the jersey for him.

My son wears his #5 jersey and its for Jake Holland...

I think there is a rule now that says QBs have to wear a # between 1-19. I THINK.

UmmHmmm, wildcat QBs?  Even though they are usually RBs or WRs they are playing the QB position. 

UmmHmmm, wildcat QBs?  Even though they are usually RBs or WRs they are playing the QB position. 

Yeah I guess you're right.

I would think that the same rules apply to the wildcat situation as they do the tackle eligible situations/plays ..... that they inform the ref of the alignment prior to lining up for the play.  :dunno:

Archived