A U BILL

are we recruiting frank warren son.   6'5 340.  phenix city

Is Frank WarrenSon Japanese?  ;D

No. His karate instructor is, though. :P

are we recruiting frank warren son.   6'5 340.  phenix city

Is Frank WarrenSon Japanese?  ;D

No. His karate instructor is, though. :P

Focus...FrankWarrenSon....Focus.  :laugh:

What's his first name? Frank Warren Jr.?

Actually, that's his full name, but yes, he is Frank Jr.

What's his first name? Frank Warren Jr.?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Sometimes I really wish we had the emoticon for ROFLMAO--you know, a little smiley dude on his back laughing with his feet up in the air!

a4e:  Just consider me your personal google assistant...this once. undecided.gif He attends Russell County HS in Phenix City.  I may be jumping to some wild conclusions, but I imagine we have a shot at FWjr if we want him given that his deceased father was a star player at AU in the late 70s, early 80s before playing over a decade in the NFL.

I was not aware Frank Warren Sr. died. I just googled to find out that it was cardiac. He was a fav. I remember getting his autograph at A Day. It would be great if his son is able to come to AU.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

Frank William Warren (September 14, 1959 – December 12, 2002) was a professional American football player for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League. The defensive lineman was a third-round draft pick in the 1981 NFL Draft by the Saints out of Auburn University. He went on to play 189 games during his 13-year career with New Orleans, recording 52½ sacks. His impressive career earned him an induction into the New Orleans Saints Hall of Fame.

Warren died at the age of 43 after suffering a heart attack at his home in Birmingham, Alabama. By tragic coincidence, he had only five days earlier appeared on the HBO television program Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel to discuss the dangers of rising obesity among NFL linemen, many of whom now top 300 lb (140 kg). Warren stated that his weight scared him and left him wondering every night if he'd wake up to see the next morning.

Wow, maybe I forgot about it but don't think so...did not know he died either, that young... I met him a few times in school when I was there...he and Donnie Humphrey both...ran together some. He played well in New Orleans. Way too young to die.

I just hated that he played during the Barfield era. I don't think he ever got the credit he was due but he was an outstanding defensive lineman. If had played in another time he might have been all-American. I remember when he died.

I followed Frank Sr. when he was with the Saints. He was a terror to any offense he faced. It was a sad day when he died. Most Saint fans remember him well, and have nothing but nice things to say about him. I hope Frank Jr. comes to Auburn on a football scholarship.  He will be one heck of a line plugger for sure.

Godspeed,

Doc

I too am sorry to hear about Frank Warren Sr. passing away, and at a very young age to boot. If I remember correctly, when he first came to AU he was an OL.

FW was a pretty dominant defensive lineman at AU. Pretty sure all SEC at least one year. Manhandled UGA and Buck Belue in Athens in I think in 1979. Brought some hedge back from that one.

What a great way for son to honor his father if he wore same # as his father and became All-SEC just like POPS!

Archived