C.J. Uzomah

Row_9

Lutz + CJ = Gronk and AHern =  :tdau:

Bird, I have had a feeling that our offense next season will resemble what New England did this past season, featuring TE's and a lot of big sets with a power theme.  I think we would like the results and it should match up well with the strengths of this team from a personnel standpoint.  What are your thoughts?

actually, I see D. Hutchinson more like Gonk, and Uzomah more like Hernandez.

agreed and Lutz like Dallas Clark.

I guess I still see Hutcherson at DE.

agreed and Lutz like Dallas Clark.

I feel exactly the same way about all three.  Also, maybe Fulse is more like Gonk also.  Parks more like Lutz and Clark.

Bird, I have had a feeling that our offense next season will resemble what New England did this past season, featuring TE's and a lot of big sets with a power theme.  I think we would like the results and it should match up well with the strengths of this team from a personnel standpoint.  What are your thoughts?

I think its gonna look like the Saints.

I think its gonna look like the Saints.

I hope not. I don't wan't our head man on Probation for a year.  Just joking LOL.

I guess I still see Hutcherson at DE.

Same here.

• 3 weeks later...

This guy look almost identical to cam. Smile and everything. Also, a while back one of the players said e was around 6'7"...I believe em. He's huge.

I hope when an outside LB (Bates) blitzes on a passing play from the blindside, that the TE (Uzomah) gets a piece of the LB then turns around in the vacated space or stays with the block, instead of just letting the LB (Bates) get a clear shot at the QB (Frazier) as he runs his normal route, only to finish that route and turn around to see the quarterback (Frazier) splattered all over the turf. All I can say is its a good thing the defense could not make contact with the QB on that particular play. I'm sure he heard from Grimes on that one.  Other than that one ugly play, I agree with the rest of the comments, Uzomah played well and has a lot of potential.         

yes and no, I expect more vertical passing and more power runs.

Maybe we'll see some similarities to what Carolina did last year.  Both are trying to merge some elements of Malzahn's offense into a pro style.  Olsen and Shockey (TEs in Carolina) had a good year in Chudzinski's offense.

Archived