Incase you are curious about bama's bad luck

BamaGrad03

yeah tidefan...but we havent played anyone...thats why our defense is rated so high.

hmmmm...10 points and 190 yards to UT. Guess our defense earned that #1 total defense rating in the nation...

114179[/snapback]

Note to bg: I have got a theory for you on how to BEAT the Vols. Score 21 MORE points and ALLOW 7 less points. :big::big:

Now THAT is how a GOOD defense would handle it! (Not to mention a GOOD offense.) :au:

btw...I hate to see any kid hurt. May Castille get well soon.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, blaming our current situation on injuries is the most short sighted typical ignorant company line out there.

I gurantee you if AU rolled into Ttown without JC, BC, or CW...they would struggle MIGHTILY with alabama.

114172[/snapback]

Didn't we roll into Ttown, smoke Bama in 2002 without Caddy and Ronnie??? Tre was our 3rd string RB??? :blink:

BamaGrad03, your point is well noted that your team has been decimated by injuries.

HOWEVER, if you think you are going to get ANY sympathy by whining about it on an :au: board, you simply have the wrong idea. Maybe you should post the same thing on a UT board and see their reaction.

:au: WDE :au:

:ut: Go Vols :ut:

Bama sucks :moon:

POINTS given up are the only stat that counts!

114200[/snapback]

We only gave up 10 points. The only TD we allowed was when they got a 44 yard punt return and started their possesion on our 29.

I think our defense is very good.

We just dont have a QB.

i really hate that for castille. like i've said (and others), i've busted my knee up before and it sucks. i wouldn't wish that on a dog. i assume he did tear it since no one's said otherwise. i hope he makes a full recovery for you.

as for the other stuff, bama has been hit with an unusually high number of injuries at skill positions. folks are right in saying every team has this problem at some point, but it's not as easy to overcome as they let on. someone used the 98 team using 5 centers (now there's something i've never seen before or since), but i'd say this bama team is doing at bettr job of coping with injuries than that 3-8 team.

i wish bama didn't have injuries b/c i want to catch every team's best shot, and unfortunately that won't happen in ttown this year. but that doesn't mean i won't be worried before the game or relish a win any less.

BG:

Personally, I'm sorry for all your injuries and hope Castille's is not as bad as expected. The injuries in so many starting/key positions has certainly been an unfortunate string of bad luck. Maybe other teams. including Auburn, have had similar problems in the past, but that doesn't change the misfortune of your situation, and you have my sympathies on that.

And to the more obnoxious Bama fans (i.e., not BG):

It is somewhat of a mute point for anyone to speculate on how well Bama might have done without the injuries. The only proof is on the field and we'll never know what Brodie, Hudson, & Co. might have done on the field over the rest of the season. Previous playing time indicated they had talent and potential, but for all we know they may have fallen apart later in the season. Brodie might have gone 11-0 or might have lost the rest of his games--it's all just speculation.

The one thing that is NOT bad luck is your lack of depth. That a direct result of the previous cheating, so just swallow the medicine and get on with it.

[At the risk of being redundant, since we've all heard similar: A Bama friend in my usual football crowd yesterday announced loudly before kick off: "I so hope we kick the $#it out of Tennessee. They're the reason we're on probation." To which I replied, as expected: "No, you're on probation because you cheated. Tennessee just happened to be the ones who turned you in." I got a standing ovation from the non-Bama (Auburn, Ole Miss, & Florida) fans in at the party. It's not just Auburn and the Vols that are fed up with the most prevalent Bama attitude.]

To all Tide Fans

I apologize for all the AU fans who have said terrible things about injured Bama players. I went to high school with Castille's dad and he was a really cool guy. I winched when he took that hit. It really looked bad,

IMHO Bama needs to get over Fulmer and Co turning them in. If you are shoplifting and someone tell the manager is it their fault you go to jail? If you don't want to suffer the consequences then you need to go by the rules. Has Auburn broke the rules? Yes and we paid for them and so should you. Probation is to keep programs in line or they will suffer from it.

I think this was Bama's best chance to have a decent season because the ramifications of probation will really show up over the next few years. You can go back to Auburns 1993-1994 seasons when we were on probation and had great years but could not go bowling. The next few years after that we progressively got worse as the lack of TRAINED scholarship players(and bad Coaching)too effect.

Good luck to the Bama Players but I still will enjoy beating BAMA on our way to Atlanta.

You are absolutley crazy if you believe the crap you just typed.

You havent had near the injury plage that we have had this season all at once.

No team in the country could sustain the injuries we have this year without suffering losses.

Im not making excuses...im saying its EXTREMELY out of character for a team to lose its first and second string QBs, starting RB and starting FB to season ending injuries all in the same season.

Last year if AU had lost Campbell, Brandon Cox, Brandon Johnson, and Carnell. AAAAAND lost Karlos Dansby....you think it would have effected AU at all?

114169[/snapback]

Your "3rd team QB" is your best one anyway. Hasn't he shown that?

Again, blaming our current situation on injuries is the most short sighted typical ignorant company line out there.

I gurantee you if AU rolled into Ttown without JC, BC, or CW...they would struggle MIGHTILY with alabama.

114172[/snapback]

If Auburn rolled into town without our best players, you say? <_<

Been there. :)

Done that. :big:

Beat you! :moon:

If you think playing with your third string tailback is the same as playing with your third string QB...you probably think football is soccer.

as for guillon being good enough to play...he has a torn muscle and 2 bulging discs in his back. he can play, but cant throw a forward pass more than 5 yards...

thats why we are playing our third string guy.

BE VERY AFRAID OF THE ALABAMA DEFENSE.........  they held Tenn to 190 yards and AU allowed 303 yards to Tenn.  Never mind that all but 50 of those 303 came in the second half after the ball game was OVER and we shut down our offense and were playing catch with the Tenn. QB's. 

All that having a low yards given up on defense does for you is gives you a little footnote somewhere in a record book.  POINTS given up are the only stat that counts!

114200[/snapback]

Bama held UT to ONE yard in the first quarter. That's good right there, I don't care WHO you are.

(Sorry, been watching Larry the Cable Guy...)

Also, note that one TD was given up on offense, which theoretically means out defense won it's part oft he game. But, in the end it doesn;t matter.

"Players are taught how to take a hit, and protecting your knees are part of that if you are a skilled player...guess Bama forgot to talk about htat and practice it."

That is the stupidest statement ever. Teaching players to protect their knees?....The guy got hit while looking at the ball on a screen play. He cant be worried about his knees. Thats like saying a lineman shouldnt let a player roll up on him from behind. Injuries are going to happen, you cant teach your players to be worried about that. If they are worried about getting hurt, then they would never play up to their abilities. They do teach how to tackle with your head up so you wont hurt your neck or anything. But knee's? How do you teach a player to protect his knees? A running back could get hit in the knees at anytime. BTW I think Kines is a heck of a coach. He has limited depth and his defense is rated close to the top in the nation.

114200[/snapback]

We only gave up 10 points. The only TD we allowed was when they got a 44 yard punt return and started their possesion on our 29.

We just dont have a QB.

Or......... A coach. :big:

you think Fulmer is a good coach? honest question.

Record, championship, and recruiting wise.....how can you not?

I hate UT right now but christ....be somewhat realistic....he has won at a great rate at UT.

Then how could anyone say Shula is a sorry coach?

I heard a bunch of media types saying how Fulmer got outcoached yesterday.

Not to mention we have 21 fewer scholarshipped players...well maybe 18...i think they got some guys in prison right now. on top of all our other personell issues.

Fulmer has shown the ability to recruit stud players. When you have Tee Martin, Peerless Price, Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, John Henderson, etc. on your team, you should compete for a NC.

That being said - he doesn't impress me as a gameday coach.

BG, what does that have to do with Shula? To say Fulmer is not a good coach with what he's done over the last decade is ludicrous. The guy takes the same philosophy that coaches like Bear and Dye took. Recruit great athletes and be deep at every position. Keep it close to the vest and if the game is close in the 4th...your butt is mine.

UT may not be flashy most of the time but there is just no arguing with Fulmer's record.

114200[/snapback]

We just dont have a QB.

Or......... A coach. :big:

114448[/snapback]

Ya'll sure are quick to get off Tubb's back, lol. I guess Zook is just too easy a target these days too... :poke:

Edit: FIxed the quote tag WT erased. :P

It has little to do with Shula...people wanting to slam Shula considering the situation he has inherited...is laughable and ignorant in my opinion.

BG, what does Fulmer's record of wins, titles, and so on have to do with Shula?

Just because someone outcoaches another for 1 game means nothing. Zook has out-coached Richt the last 2 years....who would you rather take?

Archived