Incase you are curious about bama's bad luck

BamaGrad03

Early report is that Tim Castille is out for the season with a blown ACL.

Thats our 1st & 2nd string QBs

1st string running back

1st string All conference caliber fullback (who happens to be our current 2nd string halfback)

starting outside linebacker

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that sucks. i hope thats not the case. the hit looked like it was just a solid shot on the thigh. it didnt really look like his knee bent. if i had to guess i would say that its not an acl but maybe thats just because ive torn mine twice.

i have also torn my ACL...that's no picnic...long road to recovery. It takes very little to tear that bad boy. I saw the hit he took...low on the thigh, straight on, foot slightly planted...as soon as he took the hit, I said "There goes the ACL" It really looked like that type of hit.

The ACL is only like 2 inched long and is very tight...a slight hyperextension from an impact like that is all it takes.

Players are taught how to take a hit, and protecting your knees are part of that if you are a skilled player...guess Bama forgot to talk about htat and practice it.

Players are taught how to take a hit, and protecting your knees are part of that if you are a skilled player...guess Bama forgot to talk about htat and practice it.

I thought with all the Yoga classes the players have been take they should be more flexible. <_<

1st string running back

1st string All conference caliber fullback (who happens to be our current 2nd string halfback)

114142[/snapback]

Bid deal. All teams suffer season-ending injuries every year -- some more than others. Heck, in the past 4 years or so, AU has lost some recruits to career-ending injuries. We've had an unusually high number of them (3-4?) have to give up football all together because of some spinal/vertebrae issues that they couldn't risk continuing to play. Welcome to the club, uat. If this is the only year where you've lost some players, then count yourself fortunate. Good teams overcome injuries: go back to the week before the 2001 AU-UF game and note the injury list. Better yet, go back to the week before the 2002 Iron Bowl (e.g. Caddy out for the season, Brown unable to go, starting FB Brandon Johnson hobbled with bad ankles.) Good teams don't make excuses for injuries, they rise above them.

Injuries = Law of Averages & stuff. :nopity:

You are absolutley crazy if you believe the crap you just typed.

You havent had near the injury plage that we have had this season all at once.

No team in the country could sustain the injuries we have this year without suffering losses.

Im not making excuses...im saying its EXTREMELY out of character for a team to lose its first and second string QBs, starting RB and starting FB to season ending injuries all in the same season.

Last year if AU had lost Campbell, Brandon Cox, Brandon Johnson, and Carnell. AAAAAND lost Karlos Dansby....you think it would have effected AU at all?

1st string running back

114142[/snapback]

Bid deal. All teams suffer season-ending injuries every year -- some more than others. Heck, in the past 4 years or so, AU has lost some recruits to career-ending injuries. We've had an unusually high number of them (3-4?) have to give up football all together because of some spinal/vertebrae issues that they couldn't risk continuing to play. Welcome to the club, uat. If this is the only year where you've lost some players, then count yourself fortunate. Good teams overcome injuries: go back to the week before the 2001 AU-UF game and note the injury list. Better yet, go back to the week before the 2002 Iron Bowl (e.g. Caddy out for the season, Brown unable to go, starting FB Brandon Johnson hobbled with bad ankles.) Good teams don't make excuses for injuries, they rise above them.

Injuries = Law of Averages & stuff. :nopity:

114165[/snapback]

whatever.

I hate Alabama and I want you to hate them too.

Always some excuse why losing @ UAT is different than everywhere else.

Can't be :

- we cheated

- got caught

- as a result; we have no depth

- just getting our butt kicked

- other team was better

Waaaa!

Again, blaming our current situation on injuries is the most short sighted typical ignorant company line out there.

I gurantee you if AU rolled into Ttown without JC, BC, or CW...they would struggle MIGHTILY with alabama.

Can't be :

- we cheated

- got caught

- other team was better

Waaaa!

114171[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

Hey japantiger, don't interrupt them when they're singing their song:

... It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Cry if I want to, cry if I want to

You would cry too if it happened to you.  ...

It's My (Pity) Party

Can't be :

- we cheated

- got caught

- other team was better

Waaaa!

114171[/snapback]

- we cheated correct

- got caught again, correct

- as a result; we have no depth yet we still continue to hang with everyone we play

- just getting our butt kicked not hardly. losing, but no but kicking.

- other team was better I thought the whole point in the probation was to give every other team the better shot at winning

Congrats with the victory today, good luck, and enjoy the rest of AU's season.

yeah tidefan...but we havent played anyone...thats why our defense is rated so high.

hmmmm...10 points and 190 yards to UT. Guess our defense earned that #1 total defense rating in the nation...

yeah tidefan...but we havent played anyone...thats why our defense is rated so high.

hmmmm...10 points and 190 yards to UT. Guess our defense earned that #1 total defense rating in the nation...

114179[/snapback]

And to those of you who said wait until after tenn to see if we still liked Kines, I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!

Hey don't worry fellas, you Bammer's just keep on believin'....I'm sure that we'll all see Bama assume it's rightful place back at the top of the SEC real soon. I'm sure it's right around the next turn....

Yeah, Kinda like the next exit on a Roundabout in London.... :poke:

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

i hate bammer and i know damn well that he is right......i hate to see players from any team get hurt,especially serious injuries, but it happens.....we understand.....i feel your pain.....if life was a bowl of cherries,you'd get the pits,right?......now,do you feel better?

In 1998 we lost 4 centers, we were down to our fifth string center. We have lost a ton to ankle injuries too. In 2002, we lost Carnell to a bone break, then lost RB to an ankle injury. Then lost our FB to an ankle injury. We went into B-D against a highly ranked Tide with a third string RB and a TE playing FB....and Won.

BG, injuries happen to every team, They are just very noticeable with the schollies gone now. UGA has had some of the worst lately. Bama has had very bad luck with Brodie (is he too small?) and others the last two years tho.

BE VERY AFRAID OF THE ALABAMA DEFENSE......... they held Tenn to 190 yards and AU allowed 303 yards to Tenn. Never mind that all but 50 of those 303 came in the second half after the ball game was OVER and we shut down our offense and were playing catch with the Tenn. QB's.

All that having a low yards given up on defense does for you is gives you a little footnote somewhere in a record book. POINTS given up are the only stat that counts!

Archived