Scrimmage notes

bootskii

Enjoy...

http://www.wareagleextra.com/2012/04/07/scrimmage-notes-auburns-running-game-still-a-work-in-progress/

Doesn't look like much since players are supposed to keep a tight lip on what is happening but congrats to Mike Blakely to the birth of his son.

Here are some interviews from the coaches/players

http://www.wareagleextra.com/2012/04/07/video-gene-chizik-kiehl-frazier-and-jake-holland-talk-about-saturdays-scrimmage/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This an interesting thread. Looks like a couple posts were edited by the mods. Curiosity killed the cat and it's killing me on what was said. haha.

Sounds like Zeke and Clint got the majority of the reps today to see what they could do, but Mr. Beach can hopefully address that when he gets a chance.

This an interesting thread. Looks like a couple posts were edited by the mods. Curiosity killed the cat and it's killing me on what was said. haha.

Sounds like Zeke and Clint got the majority of the reps today to see what they could do, but Mr. Beach can hopefully address that when he gets a chance.

Here is what Jay Tate said on that.

"Though reporters weren’t permitted to watch the action, here’s what I heard about what occurred:"

On Frazier:

""• QB Kiehl Frazier was at least above average. One observer told me Frazier was phenomenal. Another observer indicated that Frazier was “solid,” but was well short of outstanding.

• Frazier: “I don’t think I can say how much better I am, but I’m definitely a lot

more comfortable knowing the system and the reads and the checks we do.”"

On Moseley:

""• QB Clint Moseley threw some balls during the scrimmage, but didn’t look like himself. Both observers with whom I spoke said Moseley simply didn’t have it today. His passes were inaccurate. Moseley acknolwedged afterward that he’s fallen behind Frazier. “There’s nothing better than getting physical reps,” he said. “I can write out backwards and forwards the plays and why we’re running it, but until you’re out there running it, it’s different.”

• Moseley added: “I think I have time to make it up.”"

On Pike:

Basically, he said that he is a Freshman, LOL.

On Frazier:

""Though reporters weren’t permitted to watch the action, here’s what I heard about what occurred:

• QB Kiehl Frazier was at least above average. One observer told me Frazier was phenomenal. Another observer indicated that Frazier was “solid,” but was well short of outstanding.

Amazing how far apart these two observers' opinions are of how Kiehl played today. One said "phenomenal" and the other said "solid," but was well short of outstanding.

Just reading between the lines, and off what others who have seen the practices have said, I would say the pecking order of the QB spot is:

1) Kiehl Frazier

2) Clint Mosely

3) Zeke Pike

On Frazier:

""Though reporters weren’t permitted to watch the action, here’s what I heard about what occurred:

• QB Kiehl Frazier was at least above average. One observer told me Frazier was phenomenal. Another observer indicated that Frazier was “solid,” but was well short of outstanding.

Amazing how far apart these two observers' opinions are of how Kiehl played today. One said "phenomenal" and the other said "solid," but was well short of outstanding.

I saw that too. Some people just like to downplay things I think but to me a "solid" is pretty good too. 1 phenomenal,1 solid, sounds like an A+ and a B+, not bad. I got a chuckle out of what he said about Zeke. Eh, he's a Freshmen,haha.

phenomenal could also be referring to how quickly he's progressed, while solid could refer to "managed the offense well, but it's what we've seen so far this spring." From the sounds of it, Frazier seems to have the respect and confidence of his teammates which will be huge for summer workouts.

After watching all the available video from today's scrimmage, my opinion is that Kiehl is the:

1. Most vocal

2. Best passer

3. Best run threat

4. Best leader

5. Most confident

of all the quarterbacks and should be named the starter...

Not taking away from the other guys, but Kiehl is the top QB at this time.

Kiehl too all the first team reps bro...

If AUQBDad chimes in, I would like to know who looks like our starting RB. So far, it seems to be Grant, but heard Mason had a solid day as well.

Of course Blakely was attending to higher priority business. He was with his wife, who was giving birth to his son.

Can't get the al.com videos to play but I very much appreciate the links anyway. Would love to hear an insider's breakdown on how the scrimmage went.

Thanks for the video links. I loved hearing Whitaker's comments about the offensive line. Very encouraging!  :we:

Jeff gives great interviews. I agree, his comments on the o line are very encouraging.

Archived