Jeffrey Whitaker is

Barnacle

the best interview on this team. Love that guy. Makes me glad that Auburn recruits not just great players, but great people. One more reason to be excited about the future...

He is good because he is not mechanical up there. He answers questions in his own way, not just how everyone else would.

I was impressed with his interview skills when he spoke at his signing day press conference.  He had a lot of poise and a good sense of humor esp. for how young he was. 

May not be a bad idea for him to major is communications. 

Usually it's the defensive linemen that march to the beat of their own drums and more times than not aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, but Jeffrey definitely puts to bed that inclination.

I don't know that he's the best interview on the team (seems like I remember Corey Lemonier is pretty danged good, as well, and I'm sure there are a couple of others who are well spoken and give more than the typical answers), but if he's not then he's close to it. Kid is extremely bright...and I'm expecting that intelligence to translate to the field this year now that he has a year of starting experience to draw from.

Our defensive line should be absolutely NASTY this year, and if it is, I think we'll challenge for the conference title.

I would never say Corey is the best interviewer on the team. I have seen plenty of interviews where I don't walk away particularly impressed. He is good, but not the best. He is just a smart guy that shows it.

Dee Ford has always been the most fun for me to watch. He is really funny and toys with the reporters on purpose.

I would never say Corey is the best interviewer on the team. I have seen plenty of interviews where I don't walk away particularly impressed. He is good, but not the best. He is just a smart guy that shows it.

Dee Ford has always been the most fun for me to watch. He is really funny and toys with the reporters on purpose.

I didn't mean that Corey was necessarily the best, only that we have quite a few guys who are more articulate than most would think of football players. This speaks to the level of players that we've been bringing in, quite honestly. It's pretty obvious that the coaches are looking for more than mere talent, even though they ARE looking for, and getting, some of the greatest talent in the country.

Kiehl Frazier is also a pretty good interview. Another good interviewer to keep your eye on as well is Trey Johnson. He may not technically be a Tiger yet, be the kid definitely carries and composes himself well.

I agree that we have many bright and articulate kids on the team. I just like Jeffrey because I think he is hilarious. I think he would make a great coach someday.

I agree that we have many bright and articulate kids on the team. I just like Jeffrey because I think he is hilarious. I think he would make a great coach someday.

He is a very bright young man...and very personable.

If I'm at practice and he sees me he will literally run a 100 yards to give me a hug and say hello.

I've also seen him many times when I went to throw with Kiehl, doing bag and footwork drills all alone.

Kids a worker.

He is a very bright young man...and very personable.

If I'm at practice and he sees me he will literally run a 100 yards to give me a hug and say hello.

I've also seen him many times when I went to throw with Kiehl, doing bag and footwork drills all alone.

Kids a worker.

As awesome as the story of running across the field to say hey is great for showing how good a kid he is, this is what stands out the most to me: if he's working that hard, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised for a light to go on and Jeff become Fairley part 2.

I tell ya, as far as best interviewer on the team, I've been really impressed with Kiehl's candor and confidence in his last couple interviews. Looks like a totally different person that what we saw in fall.

as far as young guys go, KF and Frost come across very well on camera.

whitaker has that, old soul vibe.  he comes across very relaxed and very, very mature.  i vaguely recall his family dynamic from his recruitment (male role model for his siblings?) and i felt then that he would be one of, if not THE leader of future Auburn teams.  I wonder if this coming year will be the year.

I tell ya, as far as best interviewer on the team, I've been really impressed with Kiehl's candor and confidence in his last couple interviews. Looks like a totally different person that what we saw in fall.

agreed. Its fun to see these guys growing up, isn't it?

Archived