Bo knows Checkers, Chess, and more.. funny ESPN skit

Ronald McDonald

AUSOME!!!

I have gotten to meet him a couple times and each time I have been speechless.

This is about Bo. Now, no, it's not exactly football related, but it's Bo. I don't mind it being here for at least a little while.

Keep in mind, sometimes we delay moving things out of the AU Football section so that more traffic will get a chance to see it before it's moved. It's not as if we're lording over you like a kindergarten teacher with a ruler, smacking the kid's hands when he reaches for the wrong thing (probably not the best analogy from the perspective that any teacher who did that in today's society would be fired, but I digress). We just try to keep the flow of the boards going as efficiently as it can.

This is about Bo. Now, no, it's not exactly football related, but it's Bo. I don't mind it being here for at least a little while.

Keep in mind, sometimes we delay moving things out of the AU Football section so that more traffic will get a chance to see it before it's moved. It's not as if we're lording over you like a kindergarten teacher with a ruler, smacking the kid's hands when he reaches for the wrong thing (probably not the best analogy from the perspective that any teacher who did that in today's society would be fired, but I digress). We just try to keep the flow of the boards going as efficiently as it can.

Except bird

Except bird

Well, naturally. Of course, you've got that thing about hitting folks with your cane if they get too close, but I would never accuse you of knowing how to use a ruler. :tease:

Except bird

Well, naturally. Of course, you've got that thing about hitting folks with your cane if they get too close, but I would never accuse you of knowing how to use a ruler. :tease:

only use the cane on birds

Except bird

:laugh::thumbsup:

I think he was knocking the king off the board in chess.... which doesn't actually happen in chess.  Still funny though.

When you position for checkmate you are suppose to knock the king over which indicates game over. Bo was just very exuberant!

Guest jrljr

Quote from the poster inside my locker all through HS -

"The meek may inherit the earth, but they won't get the ball" - Bo Jackson

I think he was knocking the king off the board in chess.... which doesn't actually happen in chess.  Still funny though.

When you position for checkmate you are suppose to knock the king over which indicates game over. Bo was just very exuberant!

Well, you are supposed to knock over your own king when you are put into checkmate. In the video, it appeared Bo's climactic move was not to move his piece into checkmate position, but rather to actually capture the king after his opponent had made a move.

They did it the way they did because visually, the move of capturing the king means more to the average viewer than does simply moving the pieces such that the king has no escape, but he is right in his premise that Bo's move is not realistic to chess.

Except bird

he runs over the rest in his hoveround

Except bird

he runs over the rest in his hoveround

You can go to the Grand Canyon in those things

Add one more to the list,

"BO KNOWS HUMOR!!"

I thought the exchange between Cam and Bo at the awards was priceless to..

BO: "You throw like a girl."

CAM: "You run like a girl!"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived