OMac's Career Stats

TigerPaw1

Since for some reason the past few days people keep calling into question his ability to play any kind of major role in our offense I thought I would post these...

Rushing: 312 rushes  2016 yds 18 TD 6.5 avg 53.1 avg/gm

Receiving: 45 rec  488 yds  3 TD  10.8 avg 12.8 avg/gm

Returns: 30  touches  837 yds  1 TD 99 long  27.9 avg 22.0 avg/gm

Total: 387 touches 3341 yds 23 TD 87.9 yds/gm

I don't care if we are running the wishbone a kid that produces those kind of numbers in the SEC isn't afraid of contact, doesn't trip over every blade of grass, and is darn near strong enough to compete. I get the excitement about fresh blood but I don't know what it is about the Auburn Family that must discredit past success in hopes of future. Bottom line to me is if we are gonna win in 2012 we need to get this man the ball

:we:

Omac looked sharp to me against UVA. I suspect he will get plenty of touches and be #1 in the official depth charts.

Since for some reason the past few days people keep calling into question his ability to play any kind of major role in our offense I thought I would post these...

Receiving: 45 rec   488 yds  3 TD  10.8 avg 12.8 avg/gm

I don't care if we are running the wishbone a kid that produces those kind of numbers in the SEC isn't afraid of contact, doesn't trip over every blade of grass, and is darn near strong enough to compete. I get the excitement about fresh blood but I don't know what it is about the Auburn Family that must discredit past success in hopes of future. Bottom line to me is if we are gonna win in 2012 we need to get this man the ball

Well said!!!  Omac is a weapon for us, and we will get him the ball.  He returned for his senior season to make a statement for the NFL, and I look for him to do just that!  War Damn Omac!!!

We have some solid offense weapons returning. I was looking over some other career stats and was impressed by these

Emory Blake: 78 rec 1233 yds 13 TD  2.2 rec/gm 15.8 yds/rec 34.2 yds/gm

Lutz: 44  rec  489 yds 14 TD 1.2 rec/gm 11.1 yds/rec 12.9 yds/gm

That means we have a total of 40 TDs and 5063 yds of career offense returning between these 2 guys and OMac. If we can get Kiehl to be just a solid to average SEC QB and not turn the ball over, I think we can have a top 3 SEC offense again because of these 3 seniors.

EDIT: And if Kiehl becomes more than that like we expect then watch out and we might flat our scary again offensively

Receiving: 45 rec   488 yds  3 TD  10.8 avg 12.8 avg/gm

Thanks for the stats TigerPaw.. My blood has actually been boiling about these condescending post concerning OMAC!!

Omac is a beast !

I really do feel like y'all have taken this way too personally.

Your comments have been ok with me. It's the ones that try to discredit a player to make a point that bother me.

You and Burton are fine. I actually understand some of yalls concerns in his effectiveness in our new offense. The problem to me as has been people who jump in those threads saying OMac is afraid of contact or trips over every piece of grass. I wanted to show how big of a part of our team he has been for 3 years. To me it would be crazier to not utilize then to only relegate him to 5-8 touches a game. Again I am not trying to call out or shout down those who are of the opinion he won't be the #1 back. I invite that kind of discussion. What I don't like is those that can't discuss it without making random negative comments about a kid who has done everything on and off the field the right way.

Hope that clears things up  :we:

I know there were a few posts on the other thread that questioned OMac's ability to run between the tackles, but who cares?  I don't think he will be expected to run between the tackles much.  This guy has put up very solid career numbers by never really being an every down back and everyone should be fine with that.  OMac is an extremely gifter runner who makes a living exploiting the outside of the defense.  I'm sure the coaches realize this and that's what he will be expected to do in 2012.

You and Burton are fine. I actually understand some of yalls concerns in his effectiveness in our new offense. The problem to me as has been people who jump in those threads saying OMac is afraid of contact or trips over every piece of grass. I wanted to show how big of a part of our team he has been for 3 years. To me it would be crazier to not utilize then to only relegate him to 5-8 touches a game. Again I am not trying to call out or shout down those who are of the opinion he won't be the #1 back. I invite that kind of discussion. What I don't like is those that can't discuss it without making random negative comments about a kid who has done everything on and off the field the right way.

Hope that clears things up  :we:

That does clear things up. Don't let those few posts get to you. All true Auburn fans know how much little #23 has meant to this team's success over the past 3 years. I've even got a newspaper cut-out of the guy on my fridge.

Sensitive - we have a very sensitive bunch on here.  :'(

Now, if you will just throw praise and accolades on the players that haven't produced a dadgum thing for AU yet, you will be forgiven on the spot. :laugh:

Perhaps, but I do not like it when players like OMac, who have given their all and been very successful doing what they have done (and will be doing) for the Orange and Blue, are disrespected.

Without Omac, many games we have won, we would not have won. His stats speak for themselves. Guess I am really surprised that any true AU fan would think so little of what OMac has meant and means to this team.

How can anyone dis' someone who can catch a squirell ?  Boggles the mind.

How can anyone dis' someone who can catch a squirell ?  Boggles the mind.

LOL!!! Hey you have to be able to make CUTS to catch a squirrel!! They do not run in a straight line! :)

It's just a select few clowns who take shots at OMAC for falling or running out of bounds or whatever. Most of us are having a legitimate conversation about how he fits in the new offense.

During prep for the Chik Fil A bowl, I remember reading where OMac said that he was faster in the Dome than on normal surfaces - mostly because of the turf - as alot of players are. Here are his stats from his two games in Atlanta:

Rushing Yards      Passing Yards      Touches        TDs

2010 South Carolina -          30                    12                  4              1

2011 Virginia -                  109                    53                  12            2

That's a total of 204 All purpose yards in the Dome, with a 12.75 yards per carry average.

I think OMac will have a banner day against Clemson on Labor Day weekend.

Ryan

During prep for the Chik Fil A bowl, I remember reading where OMac said that he was faster in the Dome than on normal surfaces - mostly because of the turf - as alot of players are. Here are his stats from his two games in Atlanta:

Rushing Yards      Passing Yards      Touches        TDs

2010 South Carolina -          30                     12                  4              1

2011 Virginia -                   109                    53                  12             2

That's a total of 204 All purpose yards in the Dome, with a 12.75 yards per carry average.

I think OMac will have a banner day against Clemson on Labor Day weekend.

Ryan

Nice Dome related post.  I think it is generally understood that "burners" are faster on turf than on natural grass.  I expect CSL and his offensive staff to put together an offensive plan for Clemson that will truly leave them offended!  OMAC hitting the corners with a tired defense on the field =  :tdau:

OMac may not pound it up the middle 20 times a game, but he's still a great weapon if utilized correctly.  His skills as a receiving back and our most experienced back in blitz pickup will probably make him the 1st choice as our 3rd down back even in the new offense.  He's also a threat to 'break one' any time, so he'll garner a number of runs as well. 

People are concerned every year about OMac's size and occasional slips, but all he does is contribute every year.  :dunno:

OMac, Blake and Lutz...my home's 3 favorite offensive players. My son's hopes were dashed when things went South for Mike Dyer, but there are plenty of great kids on this team to choose from when it comes to finding another 'hero'. I look forward to watching Frazier take this team on a new journey this season (with some old and new weapons to work with), and Van Gorder whip this defensive unit into the aggressive, backfield-busting group it's ready to become. Get ready!

It's just a select few clowns who take shots at OMAC for falling or running out of bounds or whatever. Most of us are having a legitimate conversation about how he fits in the new offense.

As I have previously stated, where does OMac fit into this system is legit question. Saying he cannot fit, falls over a blade of grass, afraid, etc. IS NOT LEGIT, REQUIRES UNMITIGATED GALL,  AND IS TOTALLY ASININE!

Archived