BCS race tightens up

Boss

It looks like the BCS standings may tighten up this week. Although AU remains #3 in AP and #4 in ESPN, we made up ground on both Oklahoma and Miami. In the AP poll, Miami dropped 7 points (from 1448 to 1441) while USC (1610) and Oklahoma (1567) remained the same. AU gained points (from 1478 to 1486). In the ESPN poll, USC (from 1514 to 1513) and Oklahoma (from 1470 to 1469) lost points. Miami (1380) remained the same. AU lost 1 point (from 1359 to 1358). USC is the clear leader in the BCS rankings. However, my analysis of the next 3 is that it has tightened up. Although I could not include the computer rankings (I used last weeks #'s), here is what it looks like (assuming the computer rankings stay the same):

Last Week:

USC - .9912

Miami - .9187

Oklahoma - .9161

Auburn - .9036

This Week:

USC - .9910

Miami - .9172

Oklahoma - .9159

Auburn - .9050

I have to believe that Auburn might adjust upwards in the computer rankings as well, further tightening up the standings. As for the rest of the season, if we can win out, Auburn has the advantage because of the toughness of our schedule. We'll play a resurgent Ole Miss team, a top 10 Georgia team, a very good Alabama team, and a top 10 Tennessee team. Of course, this is a moot point if we lose one of those games. Let the chips fall as they may. Let's win them one at a time.

WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have looked at all of the 6 computer polls that make up 1/3 of the BCS point system. Only 2 have posted their ratings for this week. However, it now looks as though we have lost a little ground in these two, basically because each of them takes into account strength of schedule. Since Kentucky was very weak compared to the other's opponents, it hurt us. However, we will still be a solid 4th come tommorrow. Like I said in my previous post, our strength of schedule gets much better in the coming weeks. If we can win them all, the BCS will take care of itself, IMO.

how did we lose ground to usc????? washington is as bad as msu or kentucky ever thought about being. kansas and ncstate were slightly better competition.

Archived