THE ASYLUM

bigbird

My 7 year old son was walking through the living room and without missing a step, said

"What's up Hasselhoff?"

And just left the room. How does he even know who Hasselhoff is? Baffling.

Spongebob

We don't allow that trash so that's not it. It was funny when he said it though.

:laugh: My parent's didn't let certain things in the house either, it still got in.

My 7 year old son was walking through the living room and without missing a step, said

"What's up Hasselhoff?"

And just left the room. How does he even know who Hasselhoff is? Baffling.

Spongebob

We don't allow that trash so that's not it. It was funny when he said it though.

:laugh: My parent's didn't let certain things in the house either, it still got in.

Still doesn't stop me from not allowing it. And I still punish and instruct when they do defy me.

It usually goes something like this, “But I didn’t watch it here, I was at Billy Bob’s house.” Kids are selectively ignorant.

It usually goes something like this, “But I didn’t watch it here, I was at Billy Bob’s house.†Kids are selectively ignorant.

I remember I wasn't allowed to watch MTV because it was "filthy".  I just watched it at friends houses.

Still doesn't keep me from bringing my younguns up the way I see fit. 

Don’t disagree, it’s just a different world than when we were young and it’s changing exponentially. Your kids are one mouse click or text message away from learning things they are not ready for or prepared to know.

Don’t disagree, it’s just a different world than when we were young and it’s changing exponentially. Your kids are one mouse click or text message away from learning things they are not ready for or prepared to know.

This I know. You are correct in that.

Who died and left "someone" the recruiting  thread police? :beatmullet:

Anal rententiveness sucks the fun out of it completely. That is one boring arse little person.

Yep. Hence my remark.  Crap drives me crazy.

Anal rententiveness sucks the fun out of it completely. That is one boring arse little person.

Which boring arse little person are you talking about?

You can go online and get your naked woman fix instead of stealing your old man's Playboys.  :laugh:

My dad owned a video store (remember those?) after his steel mill shutdown and he got laid off.  One should never leave a teenager alone in a video store that rents adult films. :-X

When it was attempted to be denied to me as a young guy, trust me, I found it anyway. :dunno: All the effort in the world will not trump determination. I think it is somewhat of a natural cycle. That doesn't mean don't try, it means be realistic.

When it was attempted to be denied to me as a young guy, trust me, I found it anyway. :dunno: All the effort in the world will not trump determination. I think it is somewhat of a natural cycle. That doesn't mean don't try, it means be realistic.

Yeah, my parents tried and if I do say so myself, did a pretty danged good job with me & my siblings.  I just find it funny when I hear parents say things like My child doesn't do that or My child isn't exposed to that, etc... My parents believed the same thing.  :laugh:

Yeah, my parents tried and if I do say so myself, did a pretty danged good job with me & my siblings.  I just find it funny when I hear parents say things like My child doesn't do that or My child isn't exposed to that, etc... My parents believed the same thing.  :laugh:

Now hang on, I am not that kind of parent. And I will never be a "my child does no wrong" parent. I'm just saying we do our best to keep crap out of our house like that. Parents are the reason we have so many problems with kids these days. Parents don't take the time to teach and instruct. They just say go watch tv or go play video games. I will not be like that.

I think we're agreeing Weegs...in a round about sort of way

You're right I'm sorry. I get carried away sometimes when it comes to my younguns.

Shhhhhhh, listen............hell is freezing over.

Cool, that means I'll be able to get some ice for my bourbon when I arrive.  :laugh:

Don't worry man, I've got a corporate suite with bottle service, you can sit with us. :cool:

Shhhhhhh, listen............hell is freezing over.

Cool, that means I'll be able to get some ice for my bourbon when I arrive.  :laugh:

Don't worry man, I've got a corporate suite with bottle service, you can sit with us. :cool:

:hellyeah:

Sorry. Didnt mean to overstep my bounds