Vandy game

EricH79

Anyone ever go to the Vandy vs Auburn games in Nashville?  I'm going this year and just wondering if there are a lot of Auburn fans at the games.

Anyone ever go to the Vandy vs Auburn games in Nashville?  I'm going this year and just wondering if there are a lot of Auburn fans at the games.

Probably more than Vandy fans.  :laugh:

I went to the AU/Vandy game up there in 08  :banghead:.  Small stadium, but nice.  Plenty of AU fans and the Vandy fans were all really nice.  I'm actually thinking about going back up there this year.

Myself and 9 other friends bought Vandy season tickets to go cheer on AU. So, yes I feel like there will be a lot of AU fans in Nashville that weekend. I've never been to a game in Vandy's stadium so I'm looking forward to it.

I went in the God awful season of 2008. There were a lot of Auburn fans there and is a quite tiny stadium. Getting a ticket wasn't difficult then. But I did almost get in a fight when a Vandy fan touched me on the shoulder after the game who said something along the lines of "Have a safe trip home." I was totally NOT in the mood for that. I have gotten upset at losses before, but that was probably the worst I ever took a loss. Still can't believe I haven't seen a W there. Was planning on going this year, but now I have a baby coming that week, so I doubt I will make the trip.

I went in the God awful season of 2008. There were a lot of Auburn fans there and is a quite tiny stadium. Getting a ticket wasn't difficult then. But I did almost get in a fight when a Vandy fan touched me on the shoulder after the game who said something along the lines of "Have a safe trip home." I was totally NOT in the mood for that. I have gotten upset at losses before, but that was probably the worst I ever took a loss. Still can't believe I haven't seen a W there. Was planning on going this year, but now I have a baby coming that week, so I doubt I will make the trip.

This reminds me of something that use to crack me up after the 2010 season. After that season we were on at least a one game winning streak against every single SEC team except Vandy. They have a 1 game winning streak on us.

The worst I have ever taken a loss was probably 2009 bammer. Was proud of the boys but we were SO close.

I went Carnell's freshman year and the stadium was probably 60% Auburn fans. Some people keep running on and on about how franklin has energized the "fan base" at vandy. The problem is that there is no "fan base" at vandy.

I am about 45 minutes  from that dump and already have my tickets ordered. It is not a very impressive place and there is NO gameday atmosphere. The times I've been to that place their "fans" show up half-way through the first quarter and leave half-way through the fourth quarter. Good news is that there are a number of good places to eat around there.

The over 25's  seem to have a detached indifference to activities on the grassed part of the stadium.

Students do their part, others arrived fashonably late and with basic urban black clothing, no

or very little gold, Vandy "Vs" etc. to identify them as going to a football game.

Great stuff to do on W. End Av.

I went to Vandy and am working on being there.  If Vandy has a lot at stake in the game, I'll even root for Vandy.  I did in 2008 (but not in person).

Anyway, in the past Auburn would have half the people at the stadium.  Georgia and Alabama (once an annual rivalry), plus of course Tennessee, would sell out the place and take up most of the seats.  I suspect Vandy will be in a majority, with lots of Auburn folk as well.

I just moved to the outskirts of Nashville and I'm planning on going to the game. Not expecting much of a gameday atmosphere but should be fun nonetheless.

Vandy's new uniforms.

Not bad. 

i like them. They kept it simple and sleek. I always lived the color combo with black and gold. I liked the white helmet.

This is definitely a game I have circled on the calendar. Vandy seems to be picking up a bit of momentum with Franklin at the helm, and if we don't have our heads on straight...

Ackbar.jpg

It's definently a trap game, but after 2008, no way they catch us off guard.

Also, Vandy could look very sharp if they where those Gold jerseys with the White helmets. Especially if they add gold pants. Very cool look for them!

I stayed at a hotel right by campus (I think the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt U) a few years ago and our room looked directly onto the football field. They have a horseshoe stadium and the open end was facing us. Anyway, you'd have to make sure you are on the correct side of the hotel but I remember remarking that you could actually watch a game from your hotel room window very easily. May be a cool idea so you can enjoy the environment before and after you go to the stadium.

Auburn will be very well represented.  We were there in '08 - UGGGH! - and I'd say at least 30% of the stadium was Auburn.

Definitely go!!  Nashville is so much fun, Vandy has a fairly nice stadium and there will be plenty of Auburn fans there!  Tiger Walk was pretty packed considering we lined up around a sidewalk that lead to the stadium  :P 

I went back in '08 and had a blast!  We sat under the magnolia trees at the North Side of the endzone and watched the game.  Brought some chairs, a cooler, then we kicked back.  Not bad 'seat's at that.  We could see the jumbotron and got to actually watch most of the game from there.  Yes, I'm cheap.

Vandy's new uniforms.

Not bad. 

That gold is bad-ass. 

Those unis are pretty sweet!  Looks like they have three combinations black, gold and white all with matching helmets.  Not bad Dores!

Archived