bama issue

Barney

Rival's MB Response - This is from a thread on SECRant.com

Prolly a bunch of BS but supposedly this guy is the AD at the high school of bama commit Darius Paige.

"Just needed to post again because BAMA assistant coach Jeremy Pruitt accused our new head football coach and myself of bullying Darius Paige. We simply told Darius that if he transferred that there was a chance of him being ineligible. The assistant coach mentioned again that he needed to know if we could take care of Darius academically. Again we told him we were not going to give Darius's any grades. I sure the hell will not cave in to these cheating SOBs.

Our head football coach resigned on June 11, 2012. About a week later I got a call from one of our assistant coaches, informing me that Darius Paige, a DT at our school Booker T. Washington HS in Pensacola, who is committed to BAMA that it was suggested to him by BAMA assistant Coach Jeremy Pruitt to transfer to Foley HS like DJ Fluker because he can be taken care of academically there because he knew the head coach at Foley HS real well. ?Our assistant coach call Coach Pruitt and asked what was going on and Coach Pruitt's response was since we were in between head coaches and he wasn't sure if we had an academic plan for Darius Paige. Also, on that day Darius told our coach he didn't want to go but that they had already gotten his mom a job in Foley. About a week later, I called Darius Paige to ask him if he was transferring and he said yes. I informed him that I would be contacting the NCAA, SEC, and the Alabama HS Athletic Association. I then left a message for Coach Pruitt to call me and he later called me back. I asked why he was telling Darius to transfer. He told me Darius was using him as a scapegoat because he really wanted to leave. I then told him that Darius wouldn't lie about something like this. I then told him that if Darius did transfer he would be ineligible. His immediate response was "NO" it is a bonafide move. My response was I thought you had nothing to do with it now you are telling me it is a bonafide move. He then asked me if we could take care of Darius academically, I replied that we did have an academic plan. He then proceeded to tell me that at Foley HS Darius could make up 7 core classes in one year. I informed him that I would be contacting whoever I needed to and hung up. Since our conversation I have found out that Darius was suppose to take his ACT on June 9, but he was told by Coach Pruitt not to take it here, that he needed to take it when he got to Foley. Up til this afternoon Darius has admitted that he does not want to go the Foley, but it was not his decision that his dad was making him go. I also found out the link between Coach Pruitt and the

head coach at Foley Todd Watson. Todd Watson was the defensive coordinator at Hoover HS in Alabama and Jeremy Pruitt was his defensive back coach at Hoover under Todd Watson. Up until 2:30 this yesterday afternoon Darius stills tells us he does not want to go.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read this as well. As much as I hate to say this, nothing will ever come of this.  If t-town menswear wasn't enough don't expect this to be the straw that breaks the camels back. Mostly because we as Auburn fans wont go to the same extremes as bama fans will. We will let this stuff die down without any action.

I agree. I just think it's funny there are some bama fans sweating this a little. It's always fun to watch.

If this turns out to be legit and this high school AD sticks to his story, the bammers better be sweating. Grade changing and setting a parent up with a house and job (where have I heard that before?) would bring the hammer down on that behind. What would this be, Mal Moore's 4th or 5th probation?

If this turns out to be legit and this high school AD sticks to his story, the bammers better be sweating. Grade changing and setting a parent up with a house and job (where have I heard that before?) would bring the hammer down on that behind. What would this be, Mal Moore's 4th or 5th probation?

Hope he recorded the phone conversation because you know there is no paper trail or anything that is traceable. By the way Foley has had some nice upgrades since Julio and Fluker went to turdland, including an expensive indoor practice facility that appeared.  :laugh:

Wow. Yet another smoking gun. Some how, some way, it will eventually catch up to them. They are getting more and more bold about it.

Hope he recorded the phone conversation because you know there is no paper trail or anything that is traceable. By the way Foley has had some nice upgrades since Julio and Fluker went to turdland, including an expensive indoor practice facility that appeared.  :laugh:

:o  :o  :o     Damn. They have to be funding atleast 1/4 of the high schools in the south these days.   :laugh:

Wow. Yet another smoking gun. Some how, some way, it will eventually catch up to them. They are getting more and more bold about it.

Agreed. Just a matter of time and the NCAA is gonna  :beatmullet:  :zapbama: and I'm gonna be all like..  :hellyeah:  :bananadance:  :partey:

Hope he recorded the phone conversation because you know there is no paper trail or anything that is traceable. By the way Foley has had some nice upgrades since Julio and Fluker went to turdland, including an expensive indoor practice facility that appeared.  :laugh:

:o  :o  :o     Damn. They have to be funding atleast 1/4 of the high schools in the south these days.   :laugh:

Oh yeah, they really are. And their facilities are top notch. Upgraded and construction for the facility began in 2009 I believe (I could actually confirm that with my parents who live in Baldwin county and told me about it). Makes sense I have assumed it was part of the deal for either or Julio or Fluker since my parents told me about the new facility that they were planning.

Here is a pick of it. And it is not like Baldwin has had money the last decade. It has no real businesses at all (outside of tourism in GS and OB) and the area suffered a lot after Ivan and Katrina then the BP oil spill. Anyway, I have figured for the past 3 years that Fluker and Julio to bama benefitted FHS greatly.

http://www.millerfootball.com/multimedia/coaches-corner/135-coach-riggs-visits-foley-practice

There was a certain PDF that said the same stuff about Jerrell Harris and nothing came of it. May be some bammer trying to see if the Auburn boards will take the bait. Even if true, nothing will happen. Never does.

My biggest question:  If a school administrator believed this why would he go to SERants to make his case.  WOuld it not make much more sense to go to a local newspaper or major newspaper with this information.  and if you relayed information to the SEC an/or NCAA they would probably ask you to speak nothing of this....just seems like bs to me, but i hope i am wrong

My biggest question:  If a school administrator believed this why would he go to SERants to make his case.  WOuld it not make much more sense to go to a local newspaper or major newspaper with this information.  and if you relayed information to the SEC an/or NCAA they would probably ask you to speak nothing of this....just seems like bs to me, but i hope i am wrong

You hit the nail square on the head there! School administrators don't normally take their cases to Internet sites. The story starts out behind count, right off the bat.

That said, before I get blasted, I will say, this can and needs to be checked. Unlike some of the other cloak and dagger stuff we have debated, this one is simple to prove or disprove. Somebody call or email the AD and ask him if he said it.

Yes, I know that some people will say this is the job of the NCAA or the media. However, most reporters will not waste their time on this as the source was discredited the moment he gave his quote on an Internet site.

If the NCAA or the media started calling about everything posted on Internet sites, that would be a full-time job. Trust me, they have to and do spend their time on much better leads than that.

Also, We can go ahead and assume, for the sake of argument (ONLY),that all Alabama papers will cover for UAT. If it is true, I bet a Ga. Paper, a TN paper, a MS paper, a FL paper, a LA paper, an ARK, paper, might be interested in wrting about it.

Tell you what, get me the AD on record with that essentially as quoted, and and I (or somebody), will get it printed in a major paper. If it is not printed and I can't get it printed, I will make a $1,000 donation to AE.

Any takers? If you truly believe it, don't be lazy and keep whining on the Internet that someone else will not waste their time chasing what you know is a good story, do something yourself. I have offered to help and $1000 if I can't...

(Prediction: following there will be a lot of misdirection posts, posts about things unrelated to this story, posts trying to change the subject and get away from the original topic and my offer to get it printed).

If this had been written about Auburn you would have 20 callers a day calling Finboob for the next 3 weeks. They would not let it drop and he (Finboob) would assist them in their efforts. Nothing will happen to bammer until some powerful, fearless reporter (out of state) decides he has had enough and goes all out after them. Do not see that guy on the horizon.

You hit the nail square on the head there! School administrators don't normally take their cases to Internet sites. The story starts out behind count, right off the bat.

That said, before I get blasted, I will say, this can and needs to be checked. Unlike some of the other cloak and dagger stuff we have debated, this one is simple to prove or disprove. Somebody call or email the AD and ask him if he said it.

Yes, I know that some people will say this is the job of the NCAA or the media. However, most reporters will not waste their time on this as the source was discredited the moment he gave his quote on an Internet site.

If the NCAA or the media started calling about everything posted on Internet sites, that would be a full-time job. Trust me, they have to and do spend their time on much better leads than that.

Also, We can go ahead and assume, for the sake of argument (ONLY),that all Alabama papers will cover for UAT. If it is true, I bet a Ga. Paper, a TN paper, a MS paper, a FL paper, a LA paper, an ARK, paper, might be interested in wrting about it.

Tell you what, get me the AD on record with that essentially as quoted, and and I (or somebody), will get it printed in a major paper. If it is not printed and I can't get it printed, I will make a $1,000 donation to AE.

Any takers? If you truly believe it, don't be lazy and keep whining on the Internet that someone else will not waste their time chasing what you know is a good story, do something yourself. I have offered to help and $1000 if I can't...

(Prediction: following there will be a lot of misdirection posts, posts about things unrelated to this story, posts trying to change the subject and get away from the original topic and my offer to get it printed).

There doesn't seem to be an Athletic Director listed for B.T. Washington High School.  Find me the contact info for the AD, and I'll contact him/her.

I'm no Bama apologist, but isn't Paige only a 3-star player?  Why would Bama go to great lenghts for this guy?  I definitely see why they would do it for Julio or Fluker, but going out of their way for a 3-star prospect doesn't make much sense.

Rock, I applaud your enthusiasm. And you may consider this one of the misdirection posts you were describing, but dude you need to leave this stuff alone. You have no idea what kind of machine you would be going up against. You can say that I am a conspiracist or whatever, and you may say that these guys couldn't be what people say they are as far as having the amount of power they have. But you didn't see what and who I saw that night when I saw the REC at their meeting. I'm talking judges, lawyers, business owners driving jags, Bentleys, Ferraris, and such. Very prominent and powerful people. It's easy to talk big on the Internet, but I would warn you to stay away from those dudes. bammer football isn't just a fall thing to enjoy to these people. It is a well oiled, well planned, and well orchestrated machine that has been built over the decades and is almost airtight. There is a reason that people do not go against them. Think about it, all of the players that have been essentially cut by saban, never say a word even though their careers are ended by this guy. What about the assistant AD that was blamed for the last sanctions they had? He was the scapegoat for the mess and he isn't talking. I think you are a seeker of the truth and there is nothing wrong with that, but some things should be left alone in this world, and this my friend, is one of them. Good luck to you.

Rock, I applaud your enthusiasm. And you may consider this one of the misdirection posts you were describing, but dude you need to leave this stuff alone. You have no idea what kind of machine you would be going up against. You can say that I am a conspiracist or whatever, and you may say that these guys couldn't be what people say they are as far as having the amount of power they have. But you didn't see what and who I saw that night when I saw the REC at their meeting. I'm talking judges, lawyers, business owners driving jags, Bentleys, Ferraris, and such. Very prominent and powerful people. It's easy to talk big on the Internet, but I would warn you to stay away from those dudes. bammer football isn't just a fall thing to enjoy to these people. It is a well oiled, well planned, and well orchestrated machine that has been built over the decades and is almost airtight. There is a reason that people do not go against them. Think about it, all of the players that have been essentially cut by saban, never say a word even though their careers are ended by this guy. What about the assistant AD that was blamed for the last sanctions they had? He was the scapegoat for the mess and he isn't talking. I think you are a seeker of the truth and there is nothing wrong with that, but some things should be left alone in this world, and this my friend, is one of them. Good luck to you.

Bama (rec & fanbase) is just like the mafia. And how do you take down the mafia, you have to send in undercover agents. I am sure the FBI, ATF, and IRS would like to know about all this underground crimson money moving around.

Archived