Miss State

Metalsinger418

Their fans seem really confident about beating us this year. In fact, many are predicting beating us by 10+ points. Any idea where the confidence is coming from? I don't see it.

They've been really confident for a long time... How has that worked out for them? There will be a time when they do get us again. However, there is a saying... You can wish in one hand and... well you know the rest of that saying.

I think Miss. State is a 7-5/6-6 type team. How confident am I? I wrote about it here... Dan Mullen is not the man anyone thought he was...

Yeah. MSU is going to have a great year every year. Then comes September

They are ALWAYS undefeated in the preseason...

meanwhile....their WR coach resigned today...

Justin Hokanson@JHokanson

RT @bmarcello Miss. St. WR coach Angelo Mirando has resigned tonight due to personal reasons, according to MSU. Season 13 days away.

Saw this...problems in ole Starkvegas? As for them beating us...if it was going to happen it would have been last year. Current rosters of both teams does not favor MSU.

Auburn is the only decent opponent they play through mid-October and the only Top 25 type of team until Halloween. If they pull off a W against the Tigers they will start off 7-0 and ranked #7 in the nation only to end up 8-4 out of the top 25. They'll be ready because they have nobody else to play for 8 weeks.

Auburn is the only decent opponent they play through mid-October and the only Top 25 type of team until Halloween. If they pull off a W against the Tigers they will start off 7-0 and ranked #7 in the nation only to end up 8-4 out of the top 25. They'll be ready because they have nobody else to play for 8 weeks.

I still don't think it will help.

Probably not. But what do they have to lose? The fact is, they almost beat us at Auburn last year. And so they think they have a shot at home this year. If you watched the SEC media days at all, 'Auburn' was practically every other word out of Mullen's mouth. They have targeted us squarely, and if they do beat us, then it sets them up well. If they don't, then where's the improvement over last year? (I think it will come when they beat Texas A&M, but not many people share that pick with me.)

Probably not. But what do they have to lose? The fact is, they almost beat us at Auburn last year. And so they think they have a shot at home this year. If you watched the SEC media days at all, 'Auburn' was practically every other word out of Mullen's mouth. They have targeted us squarely, and if they do beat us, then it sets them up well. If they don't, then where's the improvement over last year? (I think it will come when they beat Texas A&M, but not many people share that pick with me.)

Since we are their first SEC game every year, they put a lot of importance on it. They had the personnel to beat us last year and didn't. With the loss of their offensive weapons to graduation it is an even steeper hill to climb even though the game is at home. This AU team will not be the same team it was in week 2 of last season. It will be a physical game...always is with MSU...but unless we have 3-4 turnovers in our end of the field, they have no chance...IMNSHO.

Like you guys mentioned Mstate fans think they can re-create what happened last year and get that TD in the final seconds.

Mstate's first game is Jackson State so I am sure they are planning for AU on Sept 8th now.

MSU has played us to the wire two years in a row. Dropped pass cost them in 2010, and one of the greatest goalline tackles (taking into account the game situation, size disparity, and angle Smith had to take) I've ever seen cost them in 2011. They're confident that (1) the passing game will be better, (2) home field matters, and (3) we don't have a Cam or a Nick up our sleeve. It's going to be a hell of a game.

I understand why MSU is pointing to this game.

• As said earlier, this is their onlty true test of the 1st 8 weeks
  • CDM has not beaten an SEC West team other than Ole Miss in his career at MSU
  • It's early in the season and some teams need a couple of weeks to really gel. If MSU doesn't beat AU early in the season, they may not win an SEC West game other than Ole Miss this year

I think AU can win this game but will need to play very well in the first true road game of the season...limit turnovers, stop MSU on 3rd downs and have some impact plays. And of course, score on 33% of their possessions! (Thanks for that little tidbit StatTiger!)

They want desperately to beat us because the last two games we've played were so close and they feel like this is their chance.

Mullen has done nothing in the SECWest thus far.

Time for our guys to shut them up and put them in their place early.

For the new folks on AUF (welcome), I grew up in Starkville. My parents still live there (both are Auburn alums). It's like I told my one of best friend (he's the mayor of Starkville!! Yahoo for Parker!): as long as they wear MSU uniforms and we wear Auburn uniforms, I expect to win this game.

Even saying that, this game is going to a fight. I can definitely attest to the fact that their fans want to beat us.

They want desperately to beat us because the last two games we've played were so close and they feel like this is their chance.

Mullen has done nothing in the SECWest thus far.

Time for our guys to shut them up and put them in their place early.

This I don't understand...they had their shot last year. This year, We Comin!

Guys moo st is always a game to watch out for....every spring the date they play auburn is circled on the calendar and many years how that game turns out decides their season...look at the last 3 seasons

Guys moo st is always a game to watch out for....every spring the date they play auburn is circled on the calendar and many years how that game turns out decides their season...look at the last 3 seasons

Should we prepare for moo state, absolutely. Should we be scared...nah! Until they beat someone in the SECW besides Ole Missed, I will not be that overly concerned. Wanting to beat someone is totally different from actually going out on the field and doing it. You don't think that Vandy wants to beat UT every year...but do they actually do it? No...

I live pretty close to Starkville, it is almost unbearable to listen to their fans since last years game. The first down play that was really close and then the goal line stand is all they want to talk about. If, if , if seems to be the theme song...I do not want them to slip up and Auburn be the first team they beat out of the west other than Ole Miss, it would definately be miserable around here then.

MSU fans are pathetic. They have pretty much never been worth a crap and they always think they are about to break out into some kind of powerhouse. They have a hot head doofus for a coach and they act like hes Vince Lombardi or something. They have a winning record against 1 of the 11 other SEC teams, vandy. I could go on about why I can't stand them but y'all will just have to take my word for it

MSU fans are pathetic. They have pretty much never been worth a crap and they always think they are about to break out into some kind of powerhouse. They have a hot head doofus for a coach and they act like hes Vince Lombardi or something. They have a winning record against 1 of the 11 other SEC teams, vandy. I could go on about why I can't stand them but y'all will just have to take my word for it

:punk:

This game shouldn't even be close this year. This team is totally different from the last 2. Auburn's Defense shouldn't be as porous this year. Leaving Moo St. in the dust and unable to move the ball that well, especially since they have lost their star. I don't see this game being any closer than a 14 pt game. Very possible could be a wider margin if their Defense has lost any ground. And no way in hell do I see Moo St. winning it.

Their fans seem really confident about beating us this year. In fact, many are predicting beating us by 10+ points. Any idea where the confidence is coming from? I don't see it.

Well they came 3 inches away from beating us in Auburn last year so playing our still young team in their armpit of a stadium sets up a pretty realistic revenge scenario. Very VERY scary and critical game for us IMHO.

Archived