Miss State

Metalsinger418

I love MSU fans, and I don't really understand any Auburn fan that complains about them. If you don't like them, you don't like any fanbase. Hating MSU is like hating an abused dog. They're jumpy. They get a little too excited at times. They always think a punch or a kick is around the corner. But they're loveable. They want so badly to be good. MSU is the shelter dog of the SEC. Every now and again, they are good (e.g., 1998-2000), but most of the time something is going to go wrong and the wheels will come off the wagon because, for all their bravado, they genuinely expect to lose. I grew up with State fans. Trust me on that. Real MSU fans expect to lose, even if they have better players.

Hell, last year was a self-fulfilling prophecy. They really were better than us. We were patched together with freshmen and duct tape. They had probably the best interior DL in the conference; they had a Senior QB coming off a big year; they had tons of options in the backfield. There was really no excuse in losing that game, but wouldn't you know it? They lost. Why? Because they're MSU, and we're Auburn. That's about the only way to explain it.

That said, we're not THAT far removed from the last time they did beat us (2007), and three of our last four wins have been thiiiiiiiis close (3-2 in 2008, 17-14 in 2010, and 41-34 in 2011 with an incredible goalline stop). Frankly, we can all remember their last winning streak over Auburn (1997-2000). This is absolutely a game that could go either way. It's a true swing game. I'd expect the spread to be within 3 points either way.

Their fans seem really confident about beating us this year. In fact, many are predicting beating us by 10+ points. Any idea where the confidence is coming from? I don't see it.

Well they came 3 inches away from beating us in Auburn last year so playing our still young team in their armpit of a stadium sets up a pretty realistic revenge scenario. Very VERY scary and critical game for us IMHO.

They came 3 inches from tying the score IF they made the PAT. They act like the touchdown they ALMOST scored was going to be worth 8 points. I'm tired of hearing how they almost won. Horse s**t. They were playing for a possible shot at overtime and they didnt even get that. To hell with them. I hope we run them out of that cracker box dump of a stadium

For the new folks on AUF (welcome), I grew up in Starkville. My parents still live there (both are Auburn alums). It's like I told my one of best friend (he's the mayor of Starkville!! Yahoo for Parker!): as long as they wear MSU uniforms and we wear Auburn uniforms, I expect to win this game.

Even saying that, this game is going to a fight. I can definitely attest to the fact that their fans want to beat us.

Well, thank goodness the fans are not playing our team......and that it is their football team that plays us.....I think we win if the fans don't play it!!!! (NOTE: Not putting this is yellow because it is not readalbe, but the sarcasism is there...LOL!!!!! :outtahere: )

Jeffm, go back and watch that fourth quarter then tell me with a straight face that they wouldn't have pounded us in overtime. Hell, you don't even have to re-watch the game. Look at the drive charts from the mid-third quarter on. They had five straight drives of 9 plays or more, and if they'd had a 12 play on the final drive, it would've finished the in the endzone.

By contrast, Auburn had 1 quality drive in it's last four possessions. State dropped back to pass six times in 32 plays in the fourth while piling up 175 yards, 1 TD and one drive that ended on the one foot line. In other words, they were grinding us into the dirt. Overtime was elementary. Starting from the 25, they would've run into the endzone every time. Make no mistake, Ryan Smith saved that win.

That is another basket full of "ifs" that don't matter because they couldn't even tie the game. Yes I'm very well aware they were having great success moving the ball against us, until it got time to score and then they were MSU. I watched the game the day it happened and remember every play. In the second half they kicked a fg, punted twice, scored a TD, and most importantly, got stoned twice from inside 3 yds. Yes they we're moving they ball but they couldn't move it a damn inch when they HAD to. Hell no I don't think they would have pounded us in OT because they are Mississippi State and Auburn is Auburn and they very rarely beat Auburn and 9/10/11 was no different. They lost again and they will lose this year too because they are losers and that's what losers do

I really dislike Miss St after Mullen being a crybaby little sore loser (proper insult would have not been appropriate here) in regards to Cam and his recruitment. Take your loss like a man, dude. This is why I hope Auburn beats them 50-0 every time both teams line up.

Of course it's a basket of ifs, but pretending like they couldn't beat us is laughable. I expect to win, but it's going to be a very, very good game.

lotta hard feelings on both sides since Cam.

very important game for both teams.

hoping we go over there and beat the freaking brakes off of them.

As long as Dan Mullen is there, I hope we beat them a million to 0. When he leaves, I still want to beat them but I'll settle for 30-0.

ooooo, they ALMOST beat the worst defense in the history of Auburn football last year. This will not even be close this year. Auburn by at least 14 I don't believe it will be that close. Unfortunately for Moo St. this is their superbowl they pour their whole season in to this game, give every thing they have and still will walk away with a loss.

Archived