Nick Saban is

tigeraddikt

One little condescending s**t. He talks down at media members like they're his prison b****es, and they just giggle and say "awww, that's classic Saban..." I understand that he's at the top of the college coaching ranks now, and I'll not deny that his no-fun, no-smiles, no-frills, no-nonsense, no-class, no-kindness way of captaining the USS Bammer ingratiates him with the Bam nation due to wins, but how can you continue to make excuses for the little guy being such a jerkhole?

I can't stand rude, arrogant people when it takes no more effort to be courteous and live the golden rule. I've worked for someone who thought that because he/she owned a business they had implied carte blanche to treat employees, vendors, and just anyone they thought to be "beneath them" as trash. Made my blood boil then and makes my blood now.

He teed off on the post game sideline reporter, per usual, and went off at his presser today. Per usual. It ain't just 'cuz it's Bama...I can't stand that arrogant little s**t.

• 1 month later...

Nick's lucky in many ways. He's a good coach but he's not a great coach.

Two years ago, Cody didn't even know his major but he was able to block the field goal against Tennessee or lil Nicky wouldn't have played for the crystal ball. Once he got there, if Colt hadn't got hurt, Tejas would have won.

Last year, if the ref had called the field goal good when Okie State kicked versus Iowa State (and I still think it was good) lil Nicky wouldn't have played LSU a second time last year.

This year he's lucky that the entire SEC has melted down (Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee) and that Les was a total dumb-you-know-what or Nicky would be looking at 2 losses right now.

This whole "Could Alabama beat an NFL team" thing died down pretty quickly. They're a good team but they're not as good as the media makes them out to be.

I'd take Saban every single day of the weak and I wish we could sign him to a 10 year 250 million dollar deal and give him A-rod money! No clue why so many people dislike Saban. He hates the media, big deal. He recruits to his advantage, well so does Trooper. Saban produces championships, wins, keeps kids out of jail, and develop players.

How he keeps players out of jail is fascinating to me. Does he really have that much control over them - or do his players get more of a 'second change' by the Tuscaloosa PD than other students? I have no inside info. Just wondering.

How he keeps players out of jail is fascinating to me. Does he really have that much control over them - or do his players get more of a 'second change' by the Tuscaloosa PD than other students? I have no inside info. Just wondering.

I know for a fact that uat police and TPD are protecting uat players. If caught participating in an arrestable offense, they are hustled away from the scene and never even taken to a precinct. A phone call is made to an assistant coach. He or a GA goes to pick up the player(s) and takes them home. Their discipline is handled internally and I have been told it is pretty harsh punishment.

I know for a fact that uat police and TPD are protecting uat players. If caught participating in an arrestable offense, they are hustled away from the scene and never even taken to a precinct. A phone call is made to an assistant coach. He or a GA goes to pick up the player(s) and takes them home. Their discipline is handled internally and I have been told it is pretty harsh punishment.

Hasn't it always been the case over there, protect the UAT players, keeping their names out of the papers?

Seems like the only times that does not happen is when UAT wants a reason to kick a player off their team and get a scholarship back or there is a breakdown in "player protection".

During Bryant's last season numerous player were getting in trouble. The joke then was that when calling to report a crime in progress the Tuscaloosa police would tell the caller, "We can't get there right now, just make sure you get his jersey number".......................

• 3 weeks later...

I'd take Saban every single day of the weak and I wish we could sign him to a 10 year 250 million dollar deal and give him A-rod money! No clue why so many people dislike Saban. He hates the media, big deal. He recruits to his advantage, well so does Trooper. Saban produces championships, wins, keeps kids out of jail, and develop players.

$aban has the machine behind him at bammer to take care of all of those things for him. $aban doesn't have to recruit, the REC does that for him. He doesn't have to worry about the media because 90% of them are UA grads. His kids stay out of jail because the REC protects them (UA has a law school you know). I think AU needs to build a law school and put a lot of AU lawyers out there in society, then maybe our luck would change a bit.

I don't know if yall listen to sports radio 740 am. or not but the Max round table from 12-2 is the most "Bammer" bias show i have ever heard!! I can't even listen to it! It was a great show when Doug and Josh did it but it has since gone to s***!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well 4 players have been arrested including Brent Callaway so I guess they aren't doing a very good job of keeping it under wraps right now.

I think the four were arrested by the Sheriffs department , instead of the TPD.

Watching Alabama lose is better than sex.

Guess you're not gettin' much these days, eh?

Or he's getting the wrong kind.

Well 4 players have been arrested including Brent Callaway so I guess they aren't doing a very good job of keeping it under wraps right now.

I think the four were arrested by the Sheriffs department , instead of the TPD.

Actually I think it was the UA Campus Police that arrested them...then booked them at the sheriff's department.

• 2 months later...

One may not like his mannerisms but... the.. man... wins..... and that's the bottom line....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived