UAT Commit Arrested

DANSBY

Statutory or not, a conviction still gets you registered as a sex offender. If the parents/guardians insistent about it, it could follow this guy for the rest of his life.

I have a feeling the victim's parents get a new house and new rides. This will not go any further than this IMO.

Statutory or not, a conviction still gets you registered as a sex offender. If the parents/guardians insistent about it, it could follow this guy for the rest of his life.

I have a feeling the victim's parents get a new house and new rides. This will not go any further than this IMO.

This could be more true than we want to think. Does anybody know if he has been suspended from the team or not?

The report I saw included the charges "second degree rape, second degree sodomy". Sounds pretty serious to me. I don't disagree with the speculation on the circumstances (boyfriend, underaged girlfriend), but I'm not sure the kid could skate on this one. Certainly more serious than PI or trespassing.

The report I saw included the charges "second degree rape, second degree sodomy". Sounds pretty serious to me. I don't disagree with the speculation on the circumstances (boyfriend, underaged girlfriend), but I'm not sure the kid could skate on this one. Certainly more serious than PI or trespassing.

Your last statement is very true but this won't be near as big as Dee Liner's trespassing in the local media. And the national media will never pick it up.

Your last statement is very true but this won't be near as big as Dee Liner's trespassing in the local media. And the national media will never pick it up.

Tru dat....unfortunately

I actually read a small article about it on BSPN last night. Now I am not sure if they stay on this story.

Certainly we aren't in a position to crow about prefection in player character but this should silence our bama critics a little.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2012/09/alabama_commit_and_spanish_for.html#incart_river

I heard that the young lady is in fact 15 and has been dating D Johnson for over a year. Her parents knew of the age issue and had no problems with it until They broke up. It seems like the Dad got ticked about the break up and filed the charges. D Johnson is now dating another girl.

The charges are very serious, however there will have to be a trial, witnesses appear and alla that. Chances are Pops, who didn't give a damn about all this beforehand, will calm down when some REC guy hands him $500.

I heard that the young lady is in fact 15 and has been dating D Johnson for over a year. Her parents knew of the age issue and had no problems with it until They broke up. It seems like the Dad got ticked about the break up and filed the charges. D Johnson is now dating another girl.

If this is true the DA needs to drop the charges. I do not have a problem with a high school junior dating a freshman. I would like to see the law changed. Again, if this is true, I would hate to see someone have to spend a lifetime registered as a sex offended for this.

This kind of thing ticks me off. They are looking to ruin this kids life, when they gave consent for their daughter to date him in the first place. I am dating a girl younger than me, and if we were to break up (even though it has been like two years), I am 90 percent positive that they wouldn't do this to me. If parents have anything wrong with it, they need to make that known at the beginning, not after the fact when the kid can get marked for life.

Irregardless of all the speculation the law is the law. Sure it might have been alright for this kid to date this man's daughter but there's a line between dating and sleeping with.

If this is true the DA needs to drop the charges. I do not have a problem with a high school junior dating a freshman. I would like to see the law changed. Again, if this is true, I would hate to see someone have to spend a lifetime registered as a sex offended for this.

I don't think the DA has the option to drop the charges, the law has been broken. Probably this will not got to trial, but something, some legal procedure, will have to be done beyond simply dropping charges.

While I agree that it was probably consentual between the two, If I had a 15 year old daughter and found out she was having sex with an 18 year old boy, going to prison would be the least of his worries. While she probably was a willing participant, a 15 year old girl may not fully understand the consequenses of what she is doing while an 18 year old boy is more than old enough. It may just be 3 years difference but there is a big difference in maturity and understanding at that age.

• 2 weeks later...

Um...new arrest is a little diff't than just messin' around with your 15 yr old g/f. AL DOT COM says he has been charged with 1st degree rape now. Charges are totally separate from earlier offense and have nothing to do with that crime. At least he didn't jump a fence to go swimming.... From the article:

A defendant is charged with first-degree rape, according to state law, if "he or she engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex by forcible compulsion;" or "he or she engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex who is incapable of consent by reason of being physically helpless or mentally incapacitated;" or "he or she, being 16 years or older, engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex who is less than 12 years old."

This kind of thing ticks me off. They are looking to ruin this kids life, when they gave consent for their daughter to date him in the first place. I am dating a girl younger than me, and if we were to break up (even though it has been like two years), I am 90 percent positive that they wouldn't do this to me. If parents have anything wrong with it, they need to make that known at the beginning, not after the fact when the kid can get marked for life.

(In Chris Hansen voice...) I'm gonna ask you to have a seat right over there....

Yeah, it's a made up word that is often used when people mean "regardless" or "irrespective" and I guess they just combine the two. :headscratch: English lesson over. :P

Irregardless is in Merriam-Webster so that's good enough for me. ;-)

Archived