UAT Commit Arrested

DANSBY

so, word on the street is one of the UAT commits has found himself in some pretty serious hot water...in state guy, serious trouble...see how in state media handles this one

so, word on the street is one of the UAT commits has found himself in some pretty serious hot water...in state guy, serious trouble...see how in state media handles this one

Would you care to share more info?

Would you care to share more info?

PLEASE share more!!!

rumors are...bama commit, in state guy, statutory rape is the charge, 14 yr old victim

Good Lord, I hope that's not true. That's just awful. Let it be something else.

rumors are...bama commit, in state guy, statutory rape is the charge, 14 yr old victim

Good Lord, I hope that's not true. That just awful. Let it be something else.

^^THIS^^ Thank's for the info Dansby.

totally agree, but if what i heard is true, these are the charges. full disclosure, this is a "frind of a friend told me something" situation so i will hold off on naming the recruit until more deets come out

totally agree, but if what i heard is true, these are the charges. full disclosure, this is a "frind of a friend told me something" situation so i will hold off on naming the recruit until more deets come out

Keep us posted. Here's to hoping for an alternate situation. Thanks for the info.

There's a very good chance that this is consentual between a 17 year old guy and his 14 year old girlfriend. Thus the "statutory" part of it. Is there any one of us that didn't have something similar going on in their school at that age? The difference being that charges were not filed.

The 14 or 15 year old girls I knew that were involved with older boyfriends were a long, long way from being any sort of victim.

There's a very good chance that this is consentual between a 17 year old guy and his 14 year old girlfriend. Thus the "statutory" part of it. Is there any one of us that didn't have something similar going on in their school at that age? The difference being that charges were not filed.

The 14 or 15 year old girls I knew that were involved with older boyfriends were a long, long way from being any sort of victim.

Yes but I don't know about other states but as of a few years ago parents could press charges even if the underaged girl consented.

Statutory rape is not "rape" in the traditional sense. It is rape due to the inability to give consent due to age. Translation, "You are not old enough to be allowed to consent to sex" If someone is aged 12-16 and has sex with someone who is 2 or more years older in the state of Alabama, that is second degree rape whether or not the 12-16 year old "consented"

As Mikey said, older guys dating younger girls is very common. I knew a bunch of guys who were seniors in high school who would date sophomores and occasionally freshman. Statutory rape is almost a bull**** charge when it involves two high school kids. While I don't agree they should be having sex, the younger "victim" is almost as guilty as the older person

Statutory rape is not "rape" in the traditional sense. It is rape due to the inability to give consent due to age.

As Mikey said, older guys dating younger girls is very common. I knew a bunch of guys who were seniors in high school who would date sophomores and occasionally freshman.

I know it's common. I never said it wasn't.

I was about to post the same thing. Statutory rape and forcible rape are not the same thing.

Yes but I don't know about other states but as of a few years ago parents could press charges even if the underaged girl consented.

That's exactly my point. This is pretty common. Unless the underage person's parent/guardian presses charges nothing is ever heard about it. Still not an ideal situation, but a long, long way from forcible rape.

From what I was told, this accurately describes the situation.

The saturday down south post about it made sure to bring in Auburn's recent issues with recruit behavior....I even commented on that thing to ask why they thought it necessary to relate auburn to a thread that had nothing to do with them.

The saturday down south post about it made sure to bring in Auburn's recent issues with recruit behavior....I even commented on that thing to ask why they thought it necessary to relate auburn to a thread that had nothing to do with them.

Good for you. They just have to do it, don't they? It drives me crazy for them to mention Auburn every time some other school has an issue. With hunting season approaching, when is open season on media types?

Good for you. They just have to do it, don't they? It drives me crazy for them to mention Auburn every time some other school has an issue. With hunting season approaching, when is open season on media types?

There is no defined "season" or bag limit. 365/24/7. Good hunting!

UPDATE: SDS has removed the comments about Auburn from the article. Good job Mike.

Statutory or not, a conviction still gets you registered as a sex offender. If the parents/guardians insistent about it, it could follow this guy for the rest of his life.

Archived