this one hurts but

tombigbeetiger

i can live with this loss....they stood toe to toe with them and did not back down...i saw what i wanted to see,and that was toughness....we'll discuss playcalling later,i'm sure,but for the first time this year,i can see some light at the end of the tunnel and i don't think its a train

Our d has arrived. Awaiting on the offense.

Hope they arrive with this D for Arkansas.

D really stepped up the intensity after the first couple of drives. I am so proud of this team to be there toe to toe for 60 minutes with a very physical and fast football team. The offense will get there once they finally get to some tune up games to find what truely works. I hope that we finally decided to go away from Omac quite as much and use him as a change of pace back and throw to him more vs. splitting 50/50. Great game but it sucks to lose by a freaking safety!

Defense made huge strides and looked good. Our O line played well.

Largest area of weakness has not changed. Still no solid QB play.

4 games in Frazier has improved, but still not sure of himself and trouble seeing the field. Hoping but beginning to doubt.

Wish Trotter had not left. I think if Trotter were still here, the record would be different. I am pumped about our Defensive progress.

GREAT Effort by the Ddefense. Looked like an entirely different team. Our O line did a great job as well, Frazier had all day to throw the ball all night long and he couldnt read the defense and couldnt throw accurately when he actually did let the ball fly. He is not getting any better so far. Im sorry but with better QB play we win that game. Auburn almost won in spite of him. I hope he gets better. I will say this, our coaches particularly the OC called a very poor game IMO, and Chizik really screwed up running the ball 2 times when Auburn was 2nd and long but still had good field position at end of 4th. I thought that was a TERRIBLE call given the O struggles to move the ball and when you are near midfield I gotta believe you are in 4 down territory with such little time left. Also, the TO during injury was questionable but I may be wrong on that.

Yes,these type of losses make you made has heck, but hey that is what competion is about. I am mad we lost,not mad or upset about our play or effort. I see the light at the end of the tunnel as well. WDE!!!

The tackling was actually the best all year and maybe in a long time. The D tackles got penetration and battled in the trenches. COuldnt have asked for more. The D showed signs of life.

The offense.......still looking for some consistency, flow and identity.

Pateince friends....patience. Think of 2012 as a sason to gte comfortable with 2 new coordinators and to get younger more experince. 2013 will be the season where there can be NO excuses....just results!

Great job by the defense. We had some terribe play calling on offense, but I can accept that some of the plays looked bad because of LSU's defense.

What is the deal with CLOCK MANAGEMENT? Down late in the 4th and you run on 3rd and long (costing at least 45 seconds). Then call timeout during a player injury (also the offense might have been out of bounds anyway). So frustrating to see the D play so hard and the coaching staff make less than wise decisions.

WDE. Let's get better.

Last week we beat a solid ULM team and were just a few plays from blowing them out. This week we went toe to toe with the #2 team in the country. There is a bright future for this team this year if the offense can begin to move the ball.

I think for a team we were supposed to lose too by 3+ td's we played awesome. The light at the end of the tunnel is there and call me ballsy, but I think 8 wins is within our reach (go on a 5 game win streak, UGA game, cupcake)

I'm damn proud of the team, if the offense was just a little bit better we would've just upset #2. War Eagle baby.

I thought the defense couldn't have given us any more than what they did tonight. It looks like the AU defenses we've all known and loved under Pat Dye and Tuberville may be on it's way back. The offense, on the other hand...is it possible for Jeremy Johnson to come on in and start playing? And, as much as I thought Frazier's play was not good, the play calling by "Lefty" left a lot to be desired.

Babies did some major growing tonight, everyone thought it was going to be a blow out, Hell people, wake up and be serious.

Exactly what I am saying. We played the number 2 team in the nation. A few plays here or there and we win. Simple as that

Hate to say it but our OC is learning on the job. He wasn't ready when he stepped into the role. I had the same feeling about his credentials as I did Roof's when he was hired. Kind of a head-scratcher. On the other hand, we're beginning to see the fruit of the BVG hiring. Our boys on D grew up tonight. Kudos to Gabe Wright. Played like a MAN!

Archived