Winds of change are a blowin

AUenginerd

Saw this on Mike Blakely's Facebook from yesterday....

"fam im sorry but it is what it is!"

"and when this change happen the world would know what really went on"

I feel really bad for our players. They deserve better than the current situation.

I'm not a fan of players letting the world know through social media what the internal issues are, as a support base , it isn't like we do not know as well, at least on some level. Those who do not support AU will make it up anyway, no need for us to add to it.

but,

The level of frustration with the players, with many issues seems as if it the strongest and only emotion available. The players do deserve much better than that.

Not a big fan of players using social media like this but I do wonder what "really went on" as he stated.

I mean something out of the ordinary has to be really wrong, the way this talented team has tanked!!

Actually, I have a different feeling after watching this entire season. Here is my open letter to our players:

Dear Players,

You have been given a rare gift, a FULL ride, through college that most kids would die for. You might have been the big stud in high school, but you have now moved to a totally different level!! I suggest that IF you want to play football at Auburn, you get off your duff and you work really hard to make that happen! IF you do like to work hard, follow the rules, be a team player, and be a part of the Auburn program, PLEASE turn in your uniform and let someone who really wants a shot at playing, at getting a college education, and being a part of the wonderful Auburn experience take your spot!

You have let your teammates, your coaches, and all of the fans who spend tons of money and tons of time on you!

Get over yourselves and MOVE ON! Give me that THREE star players any day of the week! They know that they have to work hard to accomplish their goals!

My son was a swimmer for AU and worked his tail off! I would have been thrilled if he had gotten a full ride. Never happens for most of the swimmers!

WAR EAGLE and I probably will NOT go to Tiger Walk this week. Enough already!

My question is this: How have things gotten this bad in such a short time? What changed between 2009 and now? I'm not talking about the fact that we don't have Cam Newton or Nick Fairley any more. I want to know why Chizik knew how to coach, teach, handle problems, etc., then, but doesn't know how to now. I'm very frustrated and no answers are forthcoming. Arrrggghhh!

My heart really goes out to these young men. Our coaching staff has let them down. Chizik and the others on the staff never, ever coached our players up and got the very best out of them. We are too small and not strong enough to play at the SEC level.

@smimmama

How do you know the players aren't working hard? Just because things looks bad on the field doesn't mean they aren't giving it their all. I almost have to laugh at the part about the payers having let the coaches and fans down. Either one of two things are going on here. Either people had unrealistic expectations coming into the season and the projected talent that Chizik had to work with over the last few years never materialized (meaning ESPN, Scouts and Rivals had it all wrong) or the coaching staff who gets paid millions of dollars failed to utilized and develop the talent in the right way. As hard as this season was/is to watch, I think the players have worked and tried their hardest because many of them don't want to sabotage their future over a lousy head coach.

My question is this: How have things gotten this bad in such a short time? What changed between 2009 and now? I'm not talking about the fact that we don't have Cam Newton or Nick Fairley any more. I want to know why Chizik knew how to coach, teach, handle problems, etc., then, but doesn't know how to now. I'm very frustrated and no answers are forthcoming. Arrrggghhh!

What is the one thing missing from 2009/10/11? CGM, and there's your answer.

This guy is part of the problem. It seems he is a cancer that don't know hot to keep his mouth shut. We need a coach who will put a stop to messages like this.

I have to agree with you here. I feel bad for the guys that go out there and give it all they have and are being let down by the coaching staff. The guys like Prosch, Wallace, Blakely, Omac, Mason, Lutz, etc. But I don't feel bad for this guy. What do you do when things are tough, you show the coaching staff you are ready to do what it takes to give your team the best chance to win. He obviously isnt seeing playing time because the coaches see something at practice or in his few carries he gets that they don't like. Run hard and protect the ball when you get your chance.Don't go on twitter rants to get everyone on your side. Do it on the field and they will be on your side.

I made an effort to watch the sidelines this past Saturday. Blakley sat in the same chair and never budged the entire first half. Did not even get up to share his chair for the starters. Towards the end of the second quarter another player said something to him and you could tell they had a heated conversation. I'm sorry but players with attitudes like this are part of the problem. He has no pride with wearing the AU jersey.

On even the simplest things, the secrecy involved with our football program has been almost certifiable. Hints at serious internal problems are being exposed now (Heath Evans observations, the BVG hint, players' comments) as people speak out. I think after this is all said and done, the dam will break and people will be very forthcoming. I am sure we will be surprised at the scope of the problem after the details are exposed.

Malzahn & Rocker are gone. Roof is gone-laugh if you must, but his defenses before and after AU have been decent. In any successful organization there are the leaders that put the fear in members and then there are the leaders that keep the anxiety levels down. At AU only the anxiety lowering coaches are left. There is no one doing the dirty work of disciplining the players, making them redo drills over and over till they are done right.

The answer to this question may be that Chizik never did know how to do these things (with the exception of coach defensive schemes). The seniors in 2009 had been in Tuberville's system for three years. In 2010, our seniors had spent 2 years in that system. They may have had a certain work ethic already instilled in them by the prior staff that simply carried over. Our upperclassmen who played a few years under Tuberville may have simply held underclassmen accountable.

The answer to this question may be that Chizik never did know how to do these things (with the exception of coach defensive schemes). The seniors in 2009 had been in Tuberville's system for three years. In 2010, our seniors had spent 2 years in that system. They may have had a certain work ethic already instilled in them by the prior staff that simply carried over. Our upperclassmen who played a few years under Tuberville may have simply held underclassmen accountable.

I think there is a lot of truth to what you are saying. I have basically been saying the same thing to my AU friends. As those upperclassmen that had those fundamentals and work ethic were graduating, we've seen a decline in everything.

Archived