Kentucky Hires Mark Stoops

Plaric

This may not be a bad thing for us.

Link?

Right now it is spreading like wild fire through various forums and the beat writers twitters.

wow Kentucky did well for their hire. I wonder who Tenn and Arky get. Everyone keeps saying Gruden but that man isn't leaving that cushy job he has right now.

I wasn't aware he was ever on the list. Good hire for UK if it's correct.

I know some people mentioned he would be cool......I don't know if he ever came out on an official Auburn list.

Supposed to be announced this afternoon. If true, good choice for UK.

And we don't have to compete with them anymore over available coaches :big:

Not to change topics, but do you think this makes Jimbo Fisher less attractive now? I kind of do (I was actually never sold on him in the first place). One of the things that was good about Jimbo was his staff. If his DC is a head coach at KY now, he won't be on the AU sidelines.

I know I am going to get flamed or someone is going to say, "how could he be bad if his assistants are getting hired for HC gigs." A valid point. But all I'm saying is that the Jimbo Fisher hire isn't as appealing if Mark Stoops doesn't come with him.

Not to change topics, but do you think this makes Jimbo Fisher less attractive now? I kind of do (I was actually never sold on him in the first place). One of the things that was good about Jimbo was his staff. If his DC is a head coach at KY now, he won't be on the AU sidelines.

I know I am going to get flamed or someone is going to say, "how could he be bad if his assistants are getting hired for HC gigs." A valid point. But all I'm saying is that the Jimbo Fisher hire isn't as appealing if Mark Stoops doesn't come with him.

For me, it was the other coaches that would come with Jimbo that I look forward to. I was the least concerned with Stoops because he was bound to get a HC gig sooner than later.

I hope that if Mark Stoops name was on the list, that it was on the bottom of the second page of the list and that we'd not be so desperate to get that far down the list.

Then again, 5 & 19 got hired last time, so you never know.

I didn't expect Stoops to come with Jimbo....maybe Craig, Gran, and Hudson. It was pretty evident Stoops would be up for HC jobs this year.

Funny side note....Jimbo has publically come out and DENIED DENIED DENIED that UK was talking to Stoops. He also has DENIED that he has talked to Auburn. It is also rumored that Stoops is going to take FSU's OC James Coley with him.....

For me, it was the other coaches that would come with Jimbo that I look forward to. I was the least concerned with Stoops because he was bound to get a HC gig sooner than later.

I agree completely.

If everyone wanted fisher because of his assistants then he should not be considered for auburn. The HC needs to stand on his own. Today's further mentions of Peterson and Paterson in addition to bob stoops, petrino and others are the dynamic leaders we need

I wasn't aware he was ever on the list. Good hire for UK if it's correct.

+

I didn't expect Stoops to come with Jimbo....maybe Craig, Gran, and Hudson. It was pretty evident Stoops would be up for HC jobs this year.

Funny side note....Jimbo has publically come out and DENIED DENIED DENIED that UK was talking to Stoops. He also has DENIED that he has talked to Auburn. It is also rumored that Stoops is going to take FSU's OC James Coley with him.....

First of all, I have no inside information. That said, I have heard many times that Jimbo's assistants weren't that fond of him, and if the above is true, it would support what I have heard. The DC gets a head-coaching gig, and takes the OC with him. May end up taking more than that before it's all said and done. I wasn't ever that fond of Jimbo for our next coach, and this just makes me feel that much less fond of him now.

I wonder if this might mean that Jimbo is not leaving FSU. One would have to think that Mark Stoops would be a leading candidate to take that job. At least this takes Kentucky out of the running for Bobby Petrino, who is my choice for the AU job.

Archived