Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

This isn't Petrino's first offense. Funny, if he were a lesser coach, or had he done what he did while at Auburn instead of Arkansas, there'd be very few of you so willing to rebuild his image for him. He's barely had time to face the music and you want to personally place him back on a pedestal. Forgiveness will come in time. Let's just not prove to the college sports world that our forgiveness is directly proportional to how poorly our current season is going and how we are willing to look past the disgressions of a HC if it amounts to some W's alright? Could we really look any more desperate?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that Petrino was a lot older than I figured. He is 51 years old. If we hire him, he could be here for a long time providing he wins and keeps out of trouble. I think he may have finally learned his lessons the hard way, and is ready to settle down at a school like Auburn, and win a lot of ball games and championships. He will have to earn the respect of each player on the team. Given the current climate of the team, this might not be as difficult as it otherwise could be. If we start winning big, year in and out, all of the stigma associated with him, will long be forgotten. You know Saban in all likelihood will not be at bammer for more than 3-5 years, and Petrino could be at Auburn a long time. You can better believe that when Saban hangs it up, bammer could very easily once again be lost in the desert of mediocrity for another 15 years. They had better enjoy it while they can. The odds will soon be in our favor if we hire a damn good coach. Petrino is a damn good coach.

Funny how a lot of folks want to slam him about his transgressions, while it seems that Arkansas thinks he may be a change man because they are considering re-hiring him. I guess he can be forgiven after all , even by the very one who who he sinned against. I still say hire the man NOW!!

I'm sure the President and AD at Arky called and shared this info with you. Begin Yellow Font - No one at any of our rival schools would start a rumor to get you & others stirred up, Surely not! - End Yellow Font

Even Dick Vitale is in support of BP per twitter:

"Yes the guy has issues - they have been documented but don't ppl in many cases get 2nd & 3rd chances-Just asking what about PETRINO @ UK?"

Then by all means let UK or Vitale hire his slimey self. One more time for everyone...BOBBY PETRINO WILL NOT BE AUBURN'S NEXT HEAD COACH NOR THE ONE AFTER THAT ETC.!!! Sorry but this subject is starting to get bothersome. I would love to click on the Football Forum and NOT see his name. His name should continue to pop-up in the Rivals Thread when he either walks out on them or gets caught doing God only knows what. Thank You. :pcprobs:

And what, the president and AD at Auburn told you that? What is frustrating is that you and some others cannot believe that this man can change, that this incident hasn't humbled him and made him come to a realization that he needed to change his ways. But I guess it is worthless to get people to see another viewpoint

THE AUBURN CREED

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.

For those of you that want to take a stance of defending our Creed, maybe you should heed it's word and live by it yourself!

It's amazing the amount of hypocrisy that comes from some of you Auburn Men and Women, you should really be ashamed of yourselves calling yourselves Christians if you can't walk the walk of the talk you spew.

:bow::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Very good post. 100% Correct.

TY sir...it's really quite obvious. I'm very curious as to why the people that spout "The Creed, The Creed!" Have no flipping idea what it really stands for and what being compasionate and forgiving REALLY means. SIGH!!

OH!!! I know why, because theyre worried about THEIR image and what people might say. Yep !! Sounds like a hypocrit to me. I know how it works...Thats why the majority of the world doesnt take religion seriously anymore.

You do realize that forgiving him does not mean we need to hand him the keys to the Football program?

Who would the Petrino haters want the most? A coach who has Made mistakes and made accountable, a genius when it comes to x's and o,s or a cellar dweller coach getting beat on a regular basis? I used to look forward to Saturdays, not anymore

I think Kentucky would be stupid not to hire him. Kentucky would be relevant in football for the first time in a long time. Potentially east contenders at some point.

They hired caliperi...surely petrino isn't that much worse of a person than caliperi.

I for one, hope they don't hire him. He will win lots of football games where ever he ends up.

Funny how a lot of folks want to slam him about his transgressions, while it seems that Arkansas thinks he may be a change man because they are considering re-hiring him. I guess he can be forgiven after all , even by the very one who who he sinned against. I still say hire the man NOW!!

I'm sure the President and AD at Arky called and shared this info with you. Begin Yellow Font - No one at any of our rival schools would start a rumor to get you & others stirred up, Surely not! - End Yellow Font

Even Dick Vitale is in support of BP per twitter:

"Yes the guy has issues - they have been documented but don't ppl in many cases get 2nd & 3rd chances-Just asking what about PETRINO @ UK?"

Then by all means let UK or Vitale hire his slimey self. One more time for everyone...BOBBY PETRINO WILL NOT BE AUBURN'S NEXT HEAD COACH NOR THE ONE AFTER THAT ETC.!!! Sorry but this subject is starting to get bothersome. I would love to click on the Football Forum and NOT see his name. His name should continue to pop-up in the Rivals Thread when he either walks out on them or gets caught doing God only knows what. Thank You. :pcprobs:

And what, the president and AD at Auburn told you that? What is frustrating is that you and some others cannot believe that this man can change, that this incident hasn't humbled him and made him come to a realization that he needed to change his ways. But I guess it is worthless to get people to see another viewpoint

Not Gouge, Jacobs/Jackson or even an AAC member. But I do know a few donors and they and everyone they associate do not want him. It hasn't been one incident. It has been several. Find me anyone he has worked for that wants him back. There were some feelings hurt at Louisville as well so don't go there. Many have sworn to do their best to keep him from getting any job.

I'm sure his wife is forgiving. Where is she gonna find another man making millions with all the CC memberships and the rest at her age?

Let me get this straight... you are one of the high and mighty holier than thous that think we shouldn't give bobby petrino a 2nd chance. Then, from your high horse view, comdemn Ms. Petrino as a money hungry golddigger for giving him a 2nd chance? She could divorce him and get half plus child support if it was all about the money.

And the lobbying begins...

http://espn.go.com/c...ccording-father

I think Kentucky would be stupid not to hire him. Kentucky would be relevant in football for the first time in a long time. Potentially east contenders at some point.

They hired caliperi...surely petrino isn't that much worse of a person than caliperi.

I for one, hope they don't hire him. He will win lots of football games where ever he ends up.

And Auburn would have to face yet another HC that is dangerous. If Petrino goes to UK, then we would have to face Saban, Miles, Richt, Muschamp, Spurrier, Mullen, Petrino and Sumlin on a regular basis. Who is out there that would want this gig, all the while being under the thumb of our PTB?

I am really starting to feel that Auburn is letting this situation get out of control, and we're about to enter our version of the Shula/Price/Dubose/Franchione years. I really hope not, but nothing I've seen over this season leads me to believe that our administration/BOT will come through for Auburn, and do the right thing.

I have never been more happy that I moved to Atlanta upon graduating from Auburn. I don't have to put up with the bammers near as much over here. I bet is unbearable over there.

And the lobbying begins...

http://espn.go.com/c...ccording-father

And Auburn would have to face yet another HC that is dangerous. If Petrino goes to UK, then we would have to face Saban, Miles, Richt, Muschamp, Spurrier, Mullen, Petrino and Sumlin on a regular basis. Who is out there that would want this gig, all the while being under the thumb of our PTB?

I am really starting to feel that Auburn is letting this situation get out of control, and we're about to enter our version of the Shula/Price/Dubose/Franchione years. I really hope not, but nothing I've seen over this season leads me to believe that our administration/BOT will come through for Auburn, and do the right thing.

I have never been more happy that I moved to Atlanta upon graduating from Auburn. I don't have to put up with the bammers near as much over here. I bet is unbearable over there.

They (Bammers) pity us actually. Its almost the first thing out of their mouths, "how awful it is" to see us down like this. And its genuine. Thats really worse is you ask me.

My take on BP is that while he has baggage, I would gladdly accept him as HC as long as AU seriously considers and does their research before hand.

Like him or not, it would be an EPIC FAIL on AU's part if they do not do their due diligence on checking him out. If they are comfortable with the hire then they have no reason not to. I just hope they do not just write him off...........personally I have never liked the guy, but he is the best available coach in my opinion.

I did not like Jimmy Johnson when Jerry bought the Cowboys and they booted Laundry out...........he chilled out some and it worked out very well until JJ's ego stepped in and sent the team into almost two decades of mediocrity

BP maybe would work for JJ.

So JJ keeps his job.

That is why we should have already fired JJ.

If a new AD wanted BP I would have been opposed but would figure there was more

to the potential hire than just expediency.

Now if we make an offer to BP, it is JABA.

BP maybe would work for JJ.

So JJ keeps his job.

That is why we should have already fired JJ.

If a new AD wanted BP I would have been opposed but would figure there was more

to the potential hire than just expediency.

Now if we make an offer to BP, it is JABA.

No, I disagree. JABA would be to keep JJ, not even look at BP, then make the safe hire...(name unknown)

I still say ABSOLUTELY no to Petrino.

BP wants back into coaching and the SEC. Even expressed interest about the Kentucky job. If he had interest in the Kentucky job then he would be jumping at the Auburn job. IMO

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20121107/COLUMNISTS02/311070125/1002/Bobby-Petrino-s-father-touts-son-Kentucky-football-coaching-job-were-offered?nclick_check=1

I agree. With BP saying he want's to be an SEC coach again. Arky would never take him back, and I don't think UT would ever accept him either. UK may be an option, but if UK and AU were offering, someone would be stupid to not be auburns next coach. CBP is ours to lose.

Bobby Petrino will be the next HC at The University of Kentucky. He talked it over with his dad playing golf. He likes that it is SEC but all he can do is improve their program at this point. They always stink. This is his springboard to next major SEC job after taking UK to bowls two years in a row. BOOK IT!

Auburn Football is primed and ready for that right fit to take us to that level of " elitism"! Plenty of talented under developed players on both Offense and Defense, one of the BEST game day stadiums in the country, one of the best training facilities in the SEC if not the country, one of the highest paying jobs in the country. Auburn cannot afford to "settle" for a head coach but go for the best out there. In My Honest OPINION that man is Bobby Petrino.

Bobby Petrino will be the next HC at The University of Kentucky. He talked it over with his dad playing golf. He likes that it is SEC but all he can do is improve their program at this point. They always stink. This is his springboard to next major SEC job after taking UK to bowls two years in a row. BOOK IT!

We'll see....these day's I don't believe anything until it is official, I don't care who say's it( except God of course LOL)

Archived