Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

His character was questionable before the affair went public. He would have a hard sale with recruits parents and other schools would have a field day recruiting against him. He is a huge liability.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His character was questionable before the affair went public. He would have a hard sale with recruits parents and other schools would have a field day recruiting against him. He is a huge liability.

I agree. My opinion of BP has little to do with his most recent issues.

Petrino = proven winner in the sec west, puts players in the NFL, develops talent, offensive genius. I could care less out his mistakes. We all make big mistakes. Get over it. Jimbo fisher and Charlie strong are nowhere near as accomplished.

I respect and enjoy yours posts. But Im quite concerned about the BOT being divided 3 ways on our next head coach. Who is the tue leader there? Not just position.

I respect and enjoy yours posts. But Im quite concerned about the BOT being divided 3 ways on our next head coach. Who is the tue leader there? Not just position.

The last thing I was told this weekend was that there is no clear leader on the list but Gogue is going to be heavily involved in the search. This person and one other that is well connected states that there is a huge fear that Gogue is going to screw this up.

IMHO this is the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen on this board. 95 pages of discussion about something that is not going to happen.I promise you Petrino isn't even on the longest list of possibilities being discussed let alone making the short list. Bookmark this thread and if I'm wrong throw it back in my face. .I can't say about them but it looks like neither UT or KY are considering him either.

If we hire him, I honestly believe that Petrino is a serious candidate for the next coach at Auburn.

If we hire him, I'd say you were right. He WAS a serious candidate. :)

You can't take content from the paid customer section of a site and post it here.

What I can say is what was said in PMs post about BP was also said in JGT's post. That does not usually happen much in these situations.

You can't take content from the paid customer section of a site and post it here.

What I can say is what was said in PMs post about BP was also said in JGT's post. That does not usually happen much in these situations.

Yea. It's rare.

I wasn't sure if the information I posted was on the pay site.

I disagree respectively, but Strong, Mullen, Smart and Rhoads are not on the same coaching level as Petrino right now.

In my humble opinion, hes the best available other than Jim Mora at UCLA, and Sean Peyton, or Jimbo Fisher... and thats a tough call because Fisher is still employed and so is Mora.

Thats why I keep telling all of you that my gut feeling says Chizik will return in 2013. Read and Weep.

We wont make the necessary hire to turn this program around, Auburn will either fire Chizik and make another lesser hire, or keep Chizik and make staff changes. Either way, this mess will continue until the Higher ups decide to win first, Image second.

I have said this many times before, if you follow the rules and do right, the image on the field will take care of itself.

Petrino has something to prove and has mistakes to make up for. He should be the next head coach at Auburn... if not I would knock or Mora, or Peytons door, and Fisher as well.

Chizik will be gone after Iron Bowl.

Wish I had your confidence level. Auburn is my passion, I just want them to do whats best for the program, but all signs point to Chiziks firing to be the right move.

I even wish I was wrong or thought differently... Ill still love Auburn no matter what.

http://m.wdrb.com/default.aspx?pid=2705&wnfeedurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wdrb.com%2fstory%2f19625175%2fcrawford-why-post-petrino-life-is-no-picnic%3fclienttype%3drssstory

This article says all we need to know about why we need to hire Petrino. We aren't hiring him to deliver sermons on Sunday about how to live a moral life, we would be hiring him to win football games. Plus, it scares the living crap out of all the western division teams that we might bring BP in. They know what he is capable of with elite talent.

I disagree respectively, but Strong, Mullen, Smart and Rhoads are not on the same coaching level as Petrino right now.

In my humble opinion, hes the best available other than Jim Mora at UCLA, and Sean Peyton, or Jimbo Fisher... and thats a tough call because Fisher is still employed and so is Mora.

Thats why I keep telling all of you that my gut feeling says Chizik will return in 2013. Read and Weep.

We wont make the necessary hire to turn this program around, Auburn will either fire Chizik and make another lesser hire, or keep Chizik and make staff changes. Either way, this mess will continue until the Higher ups decide to win first, Image second.

I have said this many times before, if you follow the rules and do right, the image on the field will take care of itself.

Petrino has something to prove and has mistakes to make up for. He should be the next head coach at Auburn... if not I would knock or Mora, or Peytons door, and Fisher as well.

Negative, but their is some truth to a part of your post.

http://m.wdrb.com/default.aspx?pid=2705&wnfeedurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wdrb.com%2fstory%2f19625175%2fcrawford-why-post-petrino-life-is-no-picnic%3fclienttype%3drssstory

This article says all we need to know about why we need to hire Petrino. We aren't hiring him to deliver sermons on Sunday about how to live a moral life, we would be hiring him to win football games. Plus, it scares the living crap out of all the western division teams that we might bring BP in. They know what he is capable of with elite talent.

I agree. Anyone seen the movie ides of march, where Paul Giamatti's character says "I've seen a lot of great candidates over the years fall by the wayside because they weren't willing to get down in the mud with the elephants". I'm tired of losing "the right way". That article says all you need to know about petrino: he takes teams to bcs bowls that have no business being there and when he leaves these teams fall fast and fall hard. And to the argument that "he lied, he will never be able to recruit because everyone knows he's a liar," I heard that a few years ago when Bama hired Saban. That doesn't hold much water. I hate that place as much as many of you do, but you have to give them credit. They know that at the end of the day winning is the only thing that matters. My personal hope is that this is apparent to Dr Gogue.

http://m.wdrb.com/de...nttype=rssstory

I agree. Anyone seen the movie ides of march, where Paul Giamatti's character says "I've seen a lot of great candidates over the years fall by the wayside because they weren't willing to get down in the mud with the elephants". I'm tired of losing "the right way". That article says all you need to know about petrino: he takes teams to bcs bowls that have no business being there and when he leaves these teams fall fast and fall hard. And to the argument that "he lied, he will never be able to recruit because everyone knows he's a liar," I heard that a few years ago when Bama hired Saban. That doesn't hold much water. I hate that place as much as many of you do, but you have to give them credit. They know that at the end of the day winning is the only thing that matters. My personal hope is that this is apparent to Dr Gogue.

I agree 100%. Bring in Petrino and start winning games!

http://m.wdrb.com/de...nttype=rssstory

They know that at the end of the day winning is the only thing that matters. My personal hope is that this is apparent to Dr Gogue.

How can it be apparent when it is not the prevailing attitude? Winning is all that matters.....to you. Don't lump alumni who believe that Auburn is about a lot more than winning or losing football games in with you. To be honest, your "whatever it takes to win" crowd will be the ones complaining the most when that same macho BS lands us on probation.

It is naiveté to pretend that the college football world, including Auburn, is pure while Petrino is a morally bankrupt outlier. Pat Dye is no angel and yet our field is named after him. Petrino messed up, but that doesn't make him unredeemable. Drop the stones, people, and let the man coach football. It's one thing he does right.

Archived