Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only is BP the best coach available

Sorry hrut, u the minority n this one! We r all tired of losing, BP has a lot of flaws , but guess what; Everybody does, including u. We're all human and we need to get out of our own way and let GOD do the judging, not us because that's not our job, it's his!!

I don't know if you are actually an Auburn graduate or associate with many AU alums but I am definately not in the minority on this one. You and all of the Petrino fanboys turn an opposing view of Petrino into an argument about religion and "letting God do the judging". I am not judging at all. I just know that he is not the man for this university. When you realize that life is about more than football and that the football team is a small part of this fine university you will all agree. Everyone says "he is the best choice". This is the armchair fan's point of view. How much coaching or playing experience do any of you have? Just curious. I would like to hear from all of the experts on here. Second string in high school or coaching the little league team doesn't count. I don't profess to be an expert but I am also not blinded by the desperation that we all sense right now. You have your opinion and I have mine. However, you are in the minority on this one.

I wish there were a poll allowed to determine who is really in the minority. But just like you said, you are entitled to your opinion and just because ours differs from you, Saying that we are " Armchair fans" is disrespectful and uncalled. There are many others who have been faithful supporters of Auburn and Auburn football for many years, and will continue to be for as long as we live, who support the idea of CBP being our next head coach. We do not approve of his transgressions off the football field, I have not seen one post to say he wasn't in the wrong for what he did. The main reason for wanting him here is because we believe he has proven he can win in the SEC, has not been accused of wrong doing or violating and NCAA rules, is known to develop players to meet or exceed their potential and has won at inferior University's with less talent and inferior facilities. There are many coaches with less baggage but each coach being mentioned has some kind of baggage. Don't belittle my opinion and my loyalty to Auburn just because we have a difference of opinion....

Pay him no mind. Out of 25 post, every single one of them is in regaurds to Bobby Petrino. He is nothing more than a troll.

Even the Updyke Nation know Bobby Petrino coaching at Auburn is something they don't want to see..

http://capstonerepor...t-auburn/17969/

Hey SandMtnTiger, I am glad you know how to look up previous posts to form your opinion. This is what happens on this board when someone doesn't agree with this nonsense. If you look back at my posts then you will see that I predicted this response. If you don't like Petrino you are a Bama troll or a bible toting evangelst. Check back about 10 posts and you will see that I have mentioned this before. How about you and I both post copies of our diplomas with names deleted to see who the troll is. In fact, I am near sand mtn so I am sure I could give you enough information to verify that I am far from a troll and an actual Auburn graduate. When did you graduate? I suspect you didn't because people with your response are no different than the Bama fans I know who live a life that hinges on each football win or loss. And just because someone doesn't have a high post count doesn't make their point any less valid. I don't typically have enough interest in topics to post but this one is entertaining. Again, happy to clarify my Auburn ties. Are you?

Why would having an Auburn degree make any difference?

I don't have an Auburn degree. I have many friends that do on the other hand. I live in Mobile and have spent a many a Saturday in the loveliest village on the Plains supporting a team and a school I love with all my being. Get off your high horse plz. We all love AU or we wouldnt be here discussing ways to improve our team and move forward.

Auburn graduates tend to see the merit of the University beyond the football program. Auburn University is a special place that happens to have (usually) a good football program. As opposed to those who are fans that see a football program that happens to be part of a university. All Auburn fans are great and I don't have any opposition to those that did not attend school at Auburn but I think it gives you a different point of view after spending time there other than game day. I think we all have the same goal just different points of view on how to achieve it. Just don't refer to people as Bammers or trolls if they do not agree with a certain point of view.

Auburn graduates tend to see the merit of the University beyond the football program. Auburn University is a special place that happens to have (usually) a good football program. As opposed to those who are fans that see a football program that happens to be part of a university. All Auburn fans are great and I don't have any opposition to those that did not attend school at Auburn but I think it gives you a different point of view after spending time there other than game day. I think we all have the same goal just different points of view on how to achieve it. Just don't refer to people as Bammers or trolls if they do not agree with a certain point of view.

I can understand that, but stop throwing the degree thing out there. It's insulting and makes you look like a snobby A hole.

WDE

I can understand that, but stop throwing the degree thing out there. It's insulting and makes you look like a snobby A hole.

WDE

Yep, with that said Petrino has a coaching record that has merit and should be considered. I know a lot of fans/alums feel that he would be a good coach here. If the school can sort out his baggage and he has changed then they need to at least strongly consider him.

I think an excellent way to get banned would be to question someone's true love and concern for Auburn based on whether their diploma came from there or not.

Try me if you think I'm bluffing.

No.

I'm not willing to sell my soul.

Please explain how you " would be selling your soul" if Auburn hires CBP? Is he Satan? Is he the Anti-Christ? I don't get how you would lose your soul if CBP is the coach for Auburn. As stated many, many times by numerous people, Auburn will still be great, has been regardless who the next coach will be and will be long after his tenure. So you don't like CBP, if Auburn hires CBP you and so many others are going to just have to deal with it, just like if we hire a up and coming, no named, inexperienced coach or Jimbo Fisher, Charlie Strong, etc.... You have the right to state your displeasure but COME ON MANNNN, SELL YOUR SOUL???? ROTFLMBO!!!

I like Petrino.. And I would normally say that his defense concerns me.. but after watching what Chizik has fielded the past 4 years.. I'd love it!

BTW.. Tracy Rocker was the only good thing this defense has had. Now its just too far gone for any coordinator/assistant to make any difference. Chizik has lost his team.

He can't tell me he hasn't.. when he has had to hire someone to make sure they make their curfew.

No.

I am so tired of people thinking BP committed the unpardonable sin. He is a human being with flaws just like everyone else on planet earth. The fact is Pettrino is a proven head coach and that is what is needed desperately at Auburn to fix this mess.

No.

I am so tired of people thinking BP committed the unpardonable sin. He is a human being with flaws just like everyone else on planet earth. The fact is Pettrino is a proven head coach and that is what is needed desperately at Auburn to fix this mess.

My sentiments exactly. Now we find out the General Petraeus had an affair while he was head of the CIA (if not while he was commander of our forces in the Middle East). Point is, we all make mistakes, especially when the opposite sex is involved. So now are we going to put this great mind of the sidelines forever because he screwed up? I don't think so.

BP has his flaws like all the rest of us but he is immediately available and is a proven HC who can come in and fix this mess before next season begins. With the talent already on hand I believe he will have us competing for the SEC TITLE NEXT YEAR. He didn't make excuses at Louisville, he won right away. He didn't make excuses at Arkansas, he won right away. He will have access to much better talent and much better facilities at Auburn, and I see no reason why he will not be very successful.

I have been vehemently opposed to bringing in Bobby Petrino to replace CGC. The longer things are delayed the harder it is for me to continue on with my opposition. This team is mentally and physically soft, they have developed a losers mentality over the past 2 years. It's gonna take a hard-ass Head Coach with a strong personality to turn this thing around. We could easily end up being 1 of 4 SEC teams searching for a new HC in a few weeks. There just aren't that many top shelf, proven winners our there right now. I wouldn't necessarily like BP being hired, but right now I'd swallow my pride and I'd have to support the decision to bring him to AU.

Guys, I'm not to fun of Petrino's past but who am I to question someone about their life and not look at my own? I do know one thing and that is Auburn has entered depths I have never known. I want AU back n a hurry, out of the coaches out there, BP is the best one going. He Loves AU!! That's not hard to do by the way, plus the bammers r full aware of what he can do with the talent already here. They don't want BP at AU, and I have a feeling that we will do exactly what they want by not hiring him or a big time coach! PTB, we r not UAB!! Don't let them control nothing about AU, hire the damn man b4 someone else does!

Ok....Petrino is a better coach than C. Strong, D. Mullen, K. Smart, and P Rhoads. There are better coaches than Petrino, but Petrino is in a elite group of coaches and is a great coach. If we hire him, I honestly believe that Petrino is a serious candidate for the next coach at Auburn.

No.

My sentiments exactly. Now we find out the General Petraeus had an affair while he was head of the CIA (if not while he was commander of our forces in the Middle East). Point is, we all make mistakes, especially when the opposite sex is involved. So now are we going to put this great mind of the sidelines forever because he screwed up? I don't think so.

BP has his flaws like all the rest of us but he is immediately available and is a proven HC who can come in and fix this mess before next season begins. With the talent already on hand I believe he will have us competing for the SEC TITLE NEXT YEAR. He didn't make excuses at Louisville, he won right away. He didn't make excuses at Arkansas, he won right away. He will have access to much better talent and much better facilities at Auburn, and I see no reason why he will not be very successful.

The affair is only one reason Petrino will not be hired by Auburn. His track record of not being honest with his employers and the potential for federal charges stemming from is hiring practices at Arkansas are just a couple of the other reason Petrino will not be hired by Auburn.

No.

The affair is only one reason Petrino will not be hired by Auburn. His track record of not being honest with his employers and the potential for federal charges stemming from is hiring practices at Arkansas are just a couple of the other reason Petrino will not be hired by Auburn.

I think if you hire someone like him, you are telling everyone that rules and morality no longer matter. In that case, we could not effectively supervise or manage cheating behaviors within the fanbase, players and most importantly the coaches.

No.

I think if you hire someone like him, you are telling everyone that rules and morality no longer matter. In that case, we could not effectively supervise or manage cheating behaviors within the fanbase, players and most importantly the coaches.

OK bama lurker.

And for all those judges out there casting judgement on the guy.... the dude had his dirty laundry aired out in front of America, his wife, and his 4 grown kids. I cannot imagine the humilitation, but we reap what we sow. Im just saying take it easy on casting judgements on the man.

And for all those judges out there casting judgement on the guy.... the dude had his dirty laundry aired out in front of America, his wife, and his 4 grown kids. I cannot imagine the humilitation, but we reap what we sow. Im just saying take it easy on casting judgements on the man.

The dirty laundry has little to do with it. The lying.....and more lying has more to do with it. He's dishonest and you can't take that chance (or at least you shouldn't).

Archived