Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

I watched the game with multiple UGA grads tonight. People that I have known for 20 years. When I brought up Petrino as a guy being considered for AU's head coach they all laughed and said we'd be the laughing stock of the country.

That is why I don't want Petrino. If our problems were 100% on the offensive side of the ball then MAYBE he'd be a decent hire. Truth is... they're not. We're terrible on offense and defense and hiring a completely offensive-minded coach with a horrible reputation will not fix a damn thing.

I really don't care who's laughing as long as we're winning. Petrino 2013!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the game with multiple UGA grads tonight. People that I have known for 20 years. When I brought up Petrino as a guy being considered for AU's head coach they all laughed and said we'd be the laughing stock of the country.

That is why I don't want Petrino. If our problems were 100% on the offensive side of the ball then MAYBE he'd be a decent hire. Truth is... they're not. We're terrible on offense and defense and hiring a completely offensive-minded coach with a horrible reputation will not fix a damn thing.

First mistake was watching the game with UGA people, second we are already the laughing stock of the country and finally no one in the SEC wants CBP to be Auburn's coach because they know he would whip their butts with the talent Auburn has and will get. I do not care what any one thinks of Auburn outside of the Auburn family. I know there are a few who do not want CBP but if he is hired, he will win some big games.

This is the same response that I have gotten from literally every single person that I have mentioned Petrino's name to. I live in Atlanta so you can understand why everyone here considers him a complete tool. However, Bama family members and freinds, Fla fans/friends and one Ark grad had the same response. Guess what the response would be when he calls on a recruit-the same. I can here concerned parents now "get that fool out of my house". Petrino is a joke. Heck, doesn't sound like even Kentucky will have him. Although, I hope someone snaps him up soon so all of the Petrino worshippers on here can get on to another topic.

I am not to worried about how others teams fan feel about our football coach. And Petrino will win big with the talent we have and get a lot of players to the NFL. That and the fact that Auburn is a great school, with a great recruiting base and in the best conference. I don't think Bobby would have any issues recruiting at AU. Especially if we bring Dameyune Craig home and make him recruiting coordinator.

Maybe Petrino can give Craig a ride on his Harley to visit recruits. After remedial motorcycle safety training, of course. Better yet, he could race the Yella Wood horse on his Harley. That would be cool. Maybe he would be good for Auburn after all.

I really don't care who's laughing as long as we're winning. Petrino 2013!

They'd quit laughing when we were kicking their @$$ every year.

Also, everyone's laughing at us anyways.

Apparently, the Petrino fanboys are not familiar with the Auburn Creed. You guys should look it up and explain how the honorable Petrino would uphold it. We have a terrible football team this year but the best University in the country. I feel that the Petrino love is out of desperation and it will settle at some point.

"I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. "

Bobby Petrino-just kidding, it's the Auburn creed guys.

Apparently, the Petrino fanboys are not familiar with the Auburn Creed. You guys should look it up and explain how the honorable Petrino would uphold it. We have a terrible football team this year but the best University in the country. I feel that the Petrino love is out of desperation and it will settle at some point.

"I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. " Bobby Petrino-just kidding it's the Auburn creed guys.

Do you believe in forgiveness and redemption? Do you believe Auburn does?

The Petrino love is because he is the best available coach. We don't pay coaches 3 million a year to raise kids and teach them to be honest. That is what their parents are for and why Chette Williams has a job. Coaches are hired guns paid to keep the football program at a high level and win games. Coaches are not family members. And I could care less about people needing a moral crutch so they can put on airs for their friends and pretend AU is an ivy league school for choir boys.

Honestly I don't mind if AU doesn't hire Petrino as long as they hire a better coach. Problem is that there are not very many of those available.

I have a question for anyone who might know. I know that Chizik is on a flaming inferno of a hot seat right now, but for those "in the know" is Auburn actually looking around, or are these rumors of coaches just wishful thinking by fans?

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. " Bobby Petrino-just kidding it's the Auburn creed guys.

Sure I do. But I do not believe in compromising just because our season is gone down the tubes. Do you believe in forgiveness and redemption? How about hiring O.J. Simpson to coach running backs? Would that suit you? It all about forgiveness isn't it? Unbelievable that this fan base is this desperate.

try to hire the oreganm ducks coach he is the best going at this time ///// dont'f forget auballtheway , told you so /////

True Dat!!!

i heard an espn guru on radio say petrino is unhireable at Kentucky or any other state funded school based of hippa laws by they way he hired his two timing hussy.... I know espn is a bad source could this be true?

i heard an espn guru on radio say petrino is unhireable at Kentucky or any other state funded school based of hippa laws by they way he hired his two timing hussy.... I know espn is a bad source could this be true?

HIPAA is a law concerning privacy of medical information. I fail to see the connection.

Petrino could probably win us football games and build a solid program....but then he'd have an affair with an assistant

His contract would have to state that his wife would be hired as a consultant to the football team and she would get an office directly across the hall from his.

Anything about assistants not being female or attractive would probably not be legal........

Petrino could probably win us football games and build a solid program....but then he'd have an affair with an assistant

His contract would have to state that his wife would be hired as a consultant to the football team and she would get an office directly across the hall from his.

Anything about assistants not being female or attractive would probably not be legal........

just because his wife had an office across from him doesn't mean he wouldn't take a motorcycle ride out in the country for a rendezvous

Who cares about his personal life or what other fan bases say, hell, they ran cam's name thru the mud, did that stop us from kicking their a$$? No, look people it's reverse psychology, they don't want AU to have a Top notch coach because it would kill their plan to keep us at the bottom because of the failed so call pay 4play scheme by continuing to put negative vibes out to the public. I see what's going on, I hear what's going on, they r trying to force the popularity of bama football and keeping us as a foot stool. Go to any dept. store or any wal-mart in this state and see who has more college items and clothings than bama, it's not even close. We r falling right into their trap by not hiring a so called a**hole. Well, I've always been told a**holes begat a**holes! And if that's the case, then we should hire BP, because I don't care what they say or how they try to ridicule us they r Scared of AU being coached by BP! Remember sabans words were to dominate that other school in this state 365 days of the yr, well, we sure r making it easy for him because we r so worried the media is gonna paint a terrible picture of our program. For those of u that haven't been paying attention, u r a little late to the party, because it has been going on 4 a long time now. What makes u think it will stop by hiring someone other than BP? WDE

Sure I do. But I do not believe in compromising just because our season is gone down the tubes. Do you believe in forgiveness and redemption? How about hiring O.J. Simpson to coach running backs? Would that suit you? It all about forgiveness isn't it? Unbelievable that this fan base is this desperate.

Let's see, forgiving a guy for an illicit affair outside of marriage (which happens to U.S. Presidents, CIA Directors, Supreme Court Judges and Clergymen routinely) or forgiving a guy for multiple homicide. Uh yeah, might wanna come up with a little more realistic example. :laugh:

Archived