Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

I don't want the guy that teaches sunday school....I want the guy that wins football games....CBP did very well with very poor talent.....I can only imagine what he would do at Auburn with the talent options he would have.

It doesn't have to be an either or situation. We don't have to go out and hire that snake just to win.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You ever wonder if most of these ultra-pro Petrino posters are actually members of his own family? ;D

Seriously, with what the man has pulled over the past 10 years, he simply does not deserve another multi-million dollar contract. Period.

You ever wonder if most of these ultra-pro Petrino posters are actually members of his own family? ;D

Seriously, with what the man has pulled over the past 10 years, he simply does not deserve another multi-million dollar contract. Period.

Nope. You ever wonder if the more adamant anti Petrino posters are actually bama fans, especially the ones with really low post counts? Of course I am sure some are AU fans that still have the Shug mindset from the '50's. Which is that mediocre is okay as long as the coach is nice and goes to church.

Bet he gets one though. Probably in the SEC. I hope whoever we get is a no nonsense type who is proven to know how to develop players to meet or exceed their potential, is a proven winner by being the head of multiple winning teams of a major conference and must be able to hang on to most, if not all of our current recruits. War Eagle!

Nope. You ever wonder if the more adamant anti Petrino posters are actually bama fans, especially the ones with really low post counts? Of course I am sure some are AU fans that still have the Shug mindset from the '50's. Which is that mediocre is okay as long as the coach is nice and goes to church.

Dead wrong. Once again the implication that because someone does not agree with a Petrino hire you must be a Bama fan and accept mediocrity. I and several of my closest friends are Auburn alums (class of 1993-happy to post pic of my diploma) and we are not interested in Petrino or mediocrity. Most of my friends that are Bama fans would love for us to have Petrino so we can continue to be the laughing stock of the SEC.

If we do not hire Petrino, UT or Kentucky will hire him. Petrino has wanted to be the HC at Auburn since CTT left. I think he would jump at the chance to come to Auburn. The bottom line is, if we do not have a new coach on staff immediatly after the Iron Bowl, we will have set course dead ahead up $hit creek, and will have thrown out all oars and life jackets. By keeping Chizik around for the 2013 season will pretty much guarantee a horrific 2013, and will set the tone for another 2-4 years before we are again a competitve program in the SEC. Folks, we are in deep dodo as it is. If we do not replace the HC asap, we will be looking at a situation very much like the period from 1949 through the early 1950s. Change has to happen!!

If we do not hire Petrino, UT or Kentucky will hire him. Petrino has wanted to be the HC at Auburn since CTT left. I think he would jump at the chance to come to Auburn. The bottom line is, if we do not have a new coach on staff immediatly after the Iron Bowl, we will have set course dead ahead up $hit creek, and will have thrown out all oars and life jackets. By keeping Chizik around for the 2013 season will pretty much guarantee a horrific 2013, and will set the tone for another 2-4 years before we are again a competitve program in the SEC. Folks, we are in deep dodo as it is. If we do not replace the HC asap, we will be looking at a situation very much like the period from 1949 through the early 1950s. Change has to happen!!

Agreed!

Of course we're going to have a new coach right after the Iron Bowl. It just won't be Petrino.

I mean, seriously.....

1. He is a slimeball!

2. He is 2-6 at Arkansas against Bama and LSU

3. He is a slimeball!!

DID I MENTION he is 2-6 against LSU and Bama?

Guess what...if we lose to Bama this year, Chizik will be----2-6 against LSU and Bama...

Oh, and Petrino is a slimeball!

I have a strong opinion of this hire. But that is not the issue. If for no other reason than it will split Auburn fans into 2 camps, we cannot afford it. The next hire, if there is one, must unite and not divide. For that reason alone I am against Petrino.

If we keep JJ: Get ready for some random "Second Tier Never Was" or a "First Tier Fading Fast."

Maybe the plan is we can keep JJ and sign John L. Smith to a 5 year deal...

Most of my friends that are Bama fans would love for us to have Petrino so we can continue to be the laughing stock of the SEC.

Your bama friends are using reverse psychology. The last thing they want to do is have to compete with Petrino at a school like Auburn, where he can finally have top tier talent to work with.

First, I am not in favor of a change at all unless JJ is shown the door. If he stays and we only change the HC, it will take the focus off of JJ's dismal performance. Other than that, I like multiple people. In no order, Patterson, Stoops and Fisher are my favorites.

I have a strong opinion of this hire. But that is not the issue. If for no other reason than it will split Auburn fans into 2 camps, we cannot afford it. The next hire, if there is one, must unite and not divide. For that reason alone I am against Petrino.

I believe the HR hires will unite the fanbase. Maybe petrino will not initially, but over time i believe he will.

Homerun hires

Carroll

Stoops

Jeff Fisher

Petrino

Realistic/Affordable hires

Jimbo Fisher

Petrino

Gus

Rhoads

in the end, I still believe Petrino to be the "best" candidate for the job.

Best = proven winner, cost efficient due to outside baggage, no ncaa troubles

Homerun hires

Carroll

Stoops

Jeff Fisher

Petrino

Realistic/Affordable hires

Jimbo Fisher

Petrino

Gus

Rhoads

in the end, I still believe Petrino to be the "best" candidate for the job.

Best = proven winner, cost efficient due to outside baggage, no ncaa troubles

Nice list. +1

Petrino is PROVEN as a HC in the SEC. That speaks for itself.

Really? He is 2-6 against LSU and Alabama...Guess what Chizik will be if we lose to Alabama this year....you guessed it, 2-6!! Petrino has ZERO ethical or moral compass!

Really? He is 2-6 against LSU and Alabama...Guess what Chizik will be if we lose to Alabama this year....you guessed it, 2-6!! Petrino has ZERO ethical or moral compass!

What are the records of other SEC coaches against Saban at Bama?

There are a lot better coaches available than Petrino. Charlie Strong, Dan Mullen, Kirby Smart, Paul Rhoads too name a few.

Not Dan Mullen. Remember the Cam accusations? Who was one of the accusers? Dan Mullen!

Ok so he is 2-6 against the two powerhouses in the SEC. This is Arkansas we are talking about. Petrino put them back on the map. He took nothing and made them contenders. Same for Louisville. Imagine what he can do at Auburn.

Sick of hearing the argument about what he's done against Bama and LSU.

and Gene Chizik has a moral compass as he gladly accepts a $10 million buyout and allows our team to run around without any leadership or discipline, to the point that several will be jailed for many years and others were gunned down? I am not putting that directly on him, but the culture he created or promoted or ignored allowed it. It didn't happen under Tubs. just sayin!

I love this continuing line of bull****. Nice job combining the stats to make them look worse.

He was 2-2 vs LSU

1-1 vs Georgia

2-0 vs South Carolina

3-1 vs Auburn

0-4 vs Alabama

Only 3 coaches have beaten Bama in the past 3+ seasons. Miles twice, Chizik once, Spurrier once. Chizik is about to be fired. Unless you think we can snag one of the other two, this tired, unoriginal argument needs to go the way of the dinosaur.

Archived