Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

Bobby Petrino will be the next HC at The University of Kentucky. He talked it over with his dad playing golf. He likes that it is SEC but all he can do is improve their program at this point. They always stink. This is his springboard to next major SEC job after taking UK to bowls two years in a row. BOOK IT!

Doubtful.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bobby Petrino will be the next HC at The University of Kentucky. He talked it over with his dad playing golf. He likes that it is SEC but all he can do is improve their program at this point. They always stink. This is his springboard to next major SEC job after taking UK to bowls two years in a row. BOOK IT!

We'll see....these day's I don't believe anything until it is official, I don't care who say's it( except God of course LOL)

Lol, yeah I tend to listen to God. Your post above this one about our players, the facilities etc. is spot on. Except the BP part. It's gonna be Fisher, Jimbo Fisher.

Cool story bro

Doubtful.

Really? Huh, guess we will see. The above statements I made are 100% true. You certainly can choose not to believe it. Things do change sometimes. It's what BP wants however.

Doubtful.

Really? Huh, guess we will see. The above statements I made are 100% true. You certainly can choose not to believe it. Things do change sometimes. It's what BP wants however.

this is also what i see happening, and im glad for it

i still believe in integrity

Auburn Football is primed and ready for that right fit to take us to that level of " elitism"! Plenty of talented under developed players on both Offense and Defense, one of the BEST game day stadiums in the country, one of the best training facilities in the SEC if not the country, one of the highest paying jobs in the country. Auburn cannot afford to "settle" for a head coach but go for the best out there. In My Honest OPINION that man is Bobby Petrino.

I'd rather have Gus, as Gus is familiar with the staff, the players and the players are familiar with Gus and his offense. Plus, Gus is a proven recruiter and a pleasant person to be around. However, Petrino would make a great coach if Gus isn't willing or someone (ARK) steals him away.

We'll see....these day's I don't believe anything until it is official, I don't care who say's it( except God of course LOL)

Lol, yeah I tend to listen to God. Your post above this one about our players, the facilities etc. is spot on. Except the BP part. It's gonna be Fisher, Jimbo Fisher.

I like Jimbo Fisher but he really hasn't proven much. How long has he been a head coach? What's the win-loss record? Not being negative or anything like that but I think BP is a better fit for what we already have here but I would be happy with either one in all seriousness!

Auburn Football is primed and ready for that right fit to take us to that level of " elitism"! Plenty of talented under developed players on both Offense and Defense, one of the BEST game day stadiums in the country, one of the best training facilities in the SEC if not the country, one of the highest paying jobs in the country. Auburn cannot afford to "settle" for a head coach but go for the best out there. In My Honest OPINION that man is Bobby Petrino.

I'd rather have Gus, as Gus is familiar with the staff, the players and the players are familiar with Gus and his offense. Plus, Gus is a proven recruiter and a pleasant person to be around. However, Petrino would make a great coach if Gus isn't willing or someone (ARK) steals him away.

Gus ain't ready for SEC football. Let him get more experience as a head coach somewhere else instead of on the job training in the SEC, he would be eaten alive and his scraps (reputation) would be destroyed so... No Gus on this Auburn Head Coach Bus

Gus ain't ready for SEC football. Let him get more experience as a head coach somewhere else instead of on the job training in the SEC, he would be eaten alive and his scraps (reputation) would be destroyed so... No Gus on this Auburn Head Coach Bus

I disagree about Gus. He is a maverick, an innovator. Look at Chip Kelly, his first HC job is/was Oregon. Gus has more higher level experience than Chip Kelly did as both an OC and a HC prior to Chip being named HC at Oregon.

checking in on the FSU boards re: Jimbo, I found a lot of this...

Jimbo is not going anywhere. Didnt he already say he was at his dream job? Lets not forget Auburn will have sanctions sometime over the next 3 years and thats a fact.

So, in summary, we have the impression that Jimbo has given Fla St his word he will stay. Also, the Auburn PR is so bad now that it can't get much worse.

All of those that say petrino walked out on jobs/promises and would be a PR nightmare if hired, do you still have those same reservations about BP?

I disagree about Gus. He is a maverick, an innovator. Look at Chip Kelly, his first HC job is/was Oregon. Gus has more higher level experience than Chip Kelly did as both an OC and a HC prior to Chip being named HC at Oregon.

Pac-10<<<<<SEC, Gus is a good coach but not elite like we need right now. Need someone who knows how to win with the big boys. Ark St is not big boy football plus there is no Cameron Newton on the horizon...

Guest jojo1515

I like Jimbo Fisher but he really hasn't proven much. How long has he been a head coach? What's the win-loss record? Not being negative or anything like that but I think BP is a better fit for what we already have here but I would be happy with either one in all seriousness!

Jimbo's FSU is nationally #1 in defense and #4 in offense. I bet BP has never been able to say that.....esprcially on defense......

Jimbo's FSU is nationally #1 in defense and #4 in offense. I bet BP has never been able to say that.....esprcially on defense......

Yeah Okay all this in the ACC right. I think Auburn would beat a few of those teams this season so that ain't really sayin much......

Sat, Sept 1

1-0 (0-0) Sat, Sept 8

2-0 (0-0) Sat, Sept 15

3-0 (1-0) Sat, Sept 22

4-0 (2-0) Sat, Sept 29

5-0 (2-0) Sat, Oct 6

5-1 (2-1) Sat, Oct 13

6-1 (3-1) Sat, Oct 20

7-1 (4-1) Sat, Oct 27

8-1 (5-1) Thu, Nov 8

9-1 (6-1)

I tend to agree with Around4ever that Petrino will not be at Auburn. Even though, I for one, would welcome him as Head Coach because I believe that he could revive the program in less than 2 years and even win 7 or 8 games next year. Just my opinion.

That being said..Around4ever, if Petrino is not the coach, whom do you think it will be? Or will we still have Jacobs, Chizik and VanGorder?

I personally have no information and jsu ask what questions I can here on the site.

Hire Petrino today. Give him complete control over the program. If we don't move now KY or UT will beat us to the punch. We can't watch another year of this mess and he is the only one out there who is immediatey available and has the experience to turn this mess around! Jimbo and many of the others who have been mentioned are no better than what we have today. The time is now!

Again, Petrino won't be coaching at Auburn next year.

They must have a great hire lined up if they can dismiss a coach like Petrino this early in the process. Can't wait to see what elite coach they hire this time. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

I watched the game with multiple UGA grads tonight. People that I have known for 20 years. When I brought up Petrino as a guy being considered for AU's head coach they all laughed and said we'd be the laughing stock of the country.

That is why I don't want Petrino. If our problems were 100% on the offensive side of the ball then MAYBE he'd be a decent hire. Truth is... they're not. We're terrible on offense and defense and hiring a completely offensive-minded coach with a horrible reputation will not fix a damn thing.

I watched the game with multiple UGA grads tonight. People that I have known for 20 years. When I brought up Petrino as a guy being considered for AU's head coach they all laughed and said we'd be the laughing stock of the country.

That is why I don't want Petrino. If our problems were 100% on the offensive side of the ball then MAYBE he'd be a decent hire. Truth is... they're not. We're terrible on offense and defense and hiring a completely offensive-minded coach with a horrible reputation will not fix a damn thing.

What do you base the idea that his teams had bad defenses on? I saw stats that earlier in this thread that showed his defenses at Louisville were just as good as Strong's who is a defensive coach. They also were not horrible at Arkansas. He didn't have the resources there to recruit like he would have AU.

They might laugh when he is hired but by the end of the first season that crap would stop just like it did when the Bammers hired Saban.

Archived